Why Not Supplement Oxygen?

Recently I have tried to grow my understanding of this type of knowledge - biochemistry. Especially in areas revolving around fatigue and the mitochondria. I was recently reading a blog by Joseph Cohen who is the writer at selfhacked.com he has complied a protocol for reversing fatigue which can be found here - https://selfhacked.com/2015/03/14/my-cutting-edge-protocol-to-cure-fatigue/

In the article he talks about having low oxygen and how this can contribute to low mitochondria function. I have read some of Rays work and am still understanding it as I go.

I watched a video today on cellular respiration by Khan academy -

In the video you learn about the function and that the byproduct of glucose is co2 which can be used for energy.

Now my question is this. So Ray recommends bag breathing to increase co2 which would be the byproduct, however why would he not recommend oxygen supplementation via something like an oxygen concentrator?

To me this would make logical sense because you are able to supply your body with something it is in deficit of and by supplementing this you would theoretically be able to increase oxygen until your body was functioning properly again to create its own

Thanks for all replies in advance!

WestCoaster

You could supplement with oxygen, it does perk people up. It also does a fantastic job on hangovers. Give it to someone with a hangover they become a whole new person. Problem is, it's expensive and not feasible to drag it around with you. You can get a pulse oximeter and if the oxygen concentrations are low, you will inevitably feel like crap. The higher they are, the better you'll feel. The trick is, increasing oxygen content, and if I am not mistaken, part of that can be addressed by increasing water consumption (if I recall, that is why my naturopath was harping about when he used the oximeter on me.).

it's extremely toxic to supplement oxygen. It lowers the amount of oxygen reaching your cells. What you want to do is supplement with carbon dioxide as that increases oxygen reaching your cells.

That's like saying why not give iron shavings in orange juice to treat anemics...

OP
Elchapchapchapo
That's like saying why not give iron shavings in orange juice to treat anemics...

That makes sense - I just didn't understand why you couldn't do this and thanks to answers above I now have a firmer grasp which is ultimately that oxygen is toxic when supplemented.

That makes sense - I just didn't understand why you couldn't do this and thanks to answers above I now have a firmer grasp which is ultimately that oxygen is toxic when supplemented.

Iron and oxygen are special, they are very active which makes them powerful tools, but they must be handled in the body's own time and pace.

tara

Now that's just silly!

Everyone knows the best place to put iron shavings is in Breakfast Cereals.

Yes iron, aflatoxin, endotoxin, glyphosate, truly breakfast of champions, since you deserve a medal if you can digest that

haidut

Forum Supporter
because apparently oxygen is already too much , but we cant use it without co2.

free oxygen in blood is toxic https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/hypoxia-as-a-therapy-for-mitochondrial-disease.11235

This. Oxygen is actually not a safe substance unless CO2 is around to control its effects. If there is not enough CO2 produced oxygen will not reach the tissues and will just float around. It can be seen on a pulse oxymeter with a reading of 100% oxygenation. A much better approach is supplementing a oxygen/CO2 mixture, where the CO2 is 5% - 7%.

paymanz

A much better approach is supplementing a oxygen/CO2 mixture, where the CO2 is 5% - 7%.

i think haidut point to oxygenation machines used usually in hospitals , otherwise there is no need to supplementing oxygen...

if i dont mistake.

haidut

Forum Supporter
i think haidut point to oxygenation machines used usually in hospitals , otherwise there is no need to supplementing oxygen...

if i dont mistake.

Yes, those are the ones I have in mind. Also the people walking around with their oxygen tanks. If these tanks were a mixture of CO2 and O2 instead of pure O2, they would have been a lot more beneficial. See below for more reasons not to supplement pure oxygen.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/oxygen-breathing-acutely-raises-prolactin-in-humans.5215/

Peater Piper

Let's make this harder. My mom has severe scoliosis which restricts her lung capacity to about 25% of what it should be. Her blood oxygen drops below 90% with any kind of activity beyond sitting if she's not hooked up to oxygen. Her carbon dioxide is now above the normal range because her lungs can't remove it fast enough. Is there anything that can be done in this situation?

tankasnowgod

Yes, those are the ones I have in mind. Also the people walking around with their oxygen tanks. If these tanks were a mixture of CO2 and O2 instead of pure O2, they would have been a lot more beneficial. See below for more reasons not to supplement pure oxygen.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/oxygen-breathing-acutely-raises-prolactin-in-humans.5215/

Since I'm anonymous, I'll share the following-

I have an elderly relative (late 90s) that just recently past away. Both mental and physical health had been declining, so while it was sad for the family, it was also a relief. Relative was living in a nursing home. Had just seen a doctor for some issue, and was prescribed oxygen. It was delivered to the home and set up. My relative starts using the oxygen for the first time, after dinner, around six or so. At about eight or nine, a staff member comes to check on my relative, and help prepare for bed. By that time, my relative was gone.

Had I not known about Ray's work, I wouldn't have thought anything about it. Since I do, it was easy to see the connection to supplemental oxygen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals