Trt worth or not

tommyg130

Thoughts on testosterone? I’m wondering the safety of long term testosterone topically w cream on the balls. I think the best would be to stay natural in a perfect world. But say you struggled to raise them and you were constantly
Using thyroid , dhea, preg etc and just stressing about the level and it never even got to a high level. Would taking Test at a modest dose realistically cause any implications if one lived a healthy , stress free, good diet type of life. Let’s say you didn’t convert to estrogen heavily and had that under control. What would actually be the downside ? Also what do you think is the best form? Something w no carrier oils or additives I’d presume ? Lastly , can you remain fertile on trt with no hcg? Thanks for any thoughts !

Abundant Life

There are so many factors that affect hormone levels that it is best to do as much research as possible before jumping into taking any hormones. Hormones affect behavior, drive and body composition. Hormones are very, very powerful. Anyone who takes hormones has to utilize the positive hormonal boost and more importantly monitor their levels regularly.

My thoughts on Testosterone Replacement Therapy are based on experiences others have shared. Up front everyone experiences youthful levels of energy and feel more alive than they did in years. But on the backend, usually years later, that energy fades and they want to get off it.

The most important thing to know about TRT is the synthetic testosterone you are getting is bio-identical to natural testosterone. Which is great until you learn more about how the body regulates natural testosterone. On TRT testosterone levels will be higher than what the body expects leading to lower testosterone production in the testes. There is no avoiding this while on TRT but the rate at which natural testosterone production is reduced depends on how much synthetic testosterone is being taken.

When it comes to hormones, the quote that comes to mind is "With great power comes great responsibility".

Chophouse360

There are so many factors that affect hormone levels that it is best to do as much research as possible before jumping into taking any hormones. Hormones affect behavior, drive and body composition. Hormones are very, very powerful. Anyone who takes hormones has to utilize the positive hormonal boost and more importantly monitor their levels regularly.

My thoughts on Testosterone Replacement Therapy are based on experiences others have shared. Up front everyone experiences youthful levels of energy and feel more alive than they did in years. But on the backend, usually years later, that energy fades and they want to get off it.

The most important thing to know about TRT is the synthetic testosterone you are getting is bio-identical to natural testosterone. Which is great until you learn more about how the body regulates natural testosterone. On TRT testosterone levels will be higher than what the body expects leading to lower testosterone production in the testes. There is no avoiding this while on TRT but the rate at which natural testosterone production is reduced depends on how much synthetic testosterone is being taken.

When it comes to hormones, the quote that comes to mind is "With great power comes great responsibility".
Could you just rub 5mg worth of test on your scrotum daily and not shut down natural production? Just a small amount for therapeutic reasons…not to get crazy huge or anything but to feel good etc

DeadCatBounce

Thoughts on testosterone? I’m wondering the safety of long term testosterone topically w cream on the balls. I think the best would be to stay natural in a perfect world. But say you struggled to raise them and you were constantly
Using thyroid , dhea, preg etc and just stressing about the level and it never even got to a high level. Would taking Test at a modest dose realistically cause any implications if one lived a healthy , stress free, good diet type of life. Let’s say you didn’t convert to estrogen heavily and had that under control. What would actually be the downside ? Also what do you think is the best form? Something w no carrier oils or additives I’d presume ? Lastly , can you remain fertile on trt with no hcg? Thanks for any thoughts !
I tried for 3+ years ( I had no T deficiency, wanted to "optimize") and went through massive learning curve about hormones to try to make it work for me but no matter what I tried it failed me. Sleep issues were the biggest problem for me. Even on tiny doses around 100mg and below up to 250mg per week, different injection schedules - ED, EOD, E3D,E7D etc etc. Different esters, different brands, supplements, other hormones, E control or not ... many other issues that I managed to fix but something else was getting wrong within a month or two and finally gave up. First year and a half was great though !

T injections/creams/ no ester, whatever, creates an imbalance inside the body and can act as a toxin indirectly from my experience and from many others I read. Imo not worth it unless something is really wrong with the body.

When I came off TRT I felt myself again and it is feels sooooo much better.

Same goes for many other supplements and hormones. But to a lesser degree. preg, dhea and progesterone I think are the only "safe" hormones to take. relatively speaking.

Also high T levels you are striving for is not necessary a good thing.

What I learned from my experiment - Stopping some natural cycles inside the body that happen everyday cannot possibly be a good thing overall. The body can cope with this for some time but then bugs appear. Most probably coping mechanism of the organism that show up as different symptoms.

johnwester130

It's not mentioned much but a lot of stuff from china is contaminated also, you notice it when you take it orally.

GreekDemiGod

Fact is, for the majority of users, TRT is life-changing. Don't let the replies in this forum deter you.
Have a look.
I'll probably do TRT in a few years, once I have a child and if all methods to raise T will fail.

TheCalciumCad

Fact is, for the majority of users, TRT is life-changing. Don't let the replies in this forum deter you.
Have a look.
I'll probably do TRT in a few years, once I have a child and if all methods to raise T will fail.
You realise TRT is a form of contraceptive right? (also a big clue that it isn't healthy)

Abundant Life

Could you just rub 5mg worth of test on your scrotum daily and not shut down natural production? Just a small amount for therapeutic reasons…not to get crazy huge or anything but to feel good etc

5mg of Testosterone sounds like a small amount. However normal Testosterone production produces only a few mgs a day. There is no straight answer as there are more factors than amount.

I tried for 3+ years ( I had no T deficiency, wanted to "optimize") and went through massive learning curve about hormones to try to make it work for me but no matter what I tried it failed me. Sleep issues were the biggest problem for me. Even on tiny doses around 100mg and below up to 250mg per week, different injection schedules - ED, EOD, E3D,E7D etc etc. Different esters, different brands, supplements, other hormones, E control or not ... many other issues that I managed to fix but something else was getting wrong within a month or two and finally gave up. First year and a half was great though !

I have experienced sleep issues while taking natural Testosterone boosting supplements, even when I cycled them. At first I thought it was stress, hot weather or a lack of iron but it wasn't until I was completely off Testosterone boosting supplements that I was able to consistently get a good night's rest.

P

pineywoodrooter

One thing to think about is supply. The supply chain isn't what it used to be for everything (probably manufactured). "They" seem to like to do everything they can to smash men's T levels into the ground, so I imagine keeping the supply of T flowing wouldn't be "their" top priority.

It would suck to drop T cold turkey because of a supply issue.

Meta

I've been considering TRT myself. Currently 35 years old, not clinically "low" but on the lower end of the normal range. One thing to consider if you take Test and want to have children or undecided if it's for you long term, is to use it alongside HCG to preserve spermogenises and preserve testicular size and function. Also, ED injections and cypionate esther seems to be the most ideal for mimicking natural T production. It's true anecdotally that the feel good feeling tends to fade after 6 months and the "new normal" once the dopamine wears off can make daily injections feel tedious, forgetting what life was like before you were on TRT.

DeadCatBounce

I've been considering TRT myself. Currently 35 years old, not clinically "low" but on the lower end of the normal range. One thing to consider if you take Test and want to have children or undecided if it's for you long term, is to use it alongside HCG to preserve spermogenises and preserve testicular size and function. Also, ED injections and cypionate esther seems to be the most ideal for mimicking natural T production. It's true anecdotally that the feel good feeling tends to fade after 6 months and the "new normal" once the dopamine wears off can make daily injections feel tedious, forgetting what life was like before you were on TRT.
Or even better - freeze some sperm just in case. Best advice I never got before going on TRT. I am completely OK now though. Zoospermia is temporary in almost all cases.

Mister

T injections/creams/ no ester, whatever, creates an imbalance inside the body and can act as a toxin indirectly from my experience and from many others I read. Imo not worth it unless something is really wrong with the body.

When I came off TRT I felt myself again and it is feels sooooo much better.

Same goes for many other supplements and hormones. But to a lesser degree. preg, dhea and progesterone I think are the only "safe" hormones to take. relatively speaking.

Also high T levels you are striving for is not necessary a good thing.

What I learned from my experiment - Stopping some natural cycles inside the body that happen everyday cannot possibly be a good thing overall. The body can cope with this for some time but then bugs appear. Most probably coping mechanism of the organism that show up as different symptoms.
Agreed, if you feel fine and have good libido there's no need to hop on TRT even if you have "low" test levels. People need to understand test levels are different for anyone, for some they feel perfect with "low" levels and other guys need high levels to feel good.

Summary: Stay away from anything fcking with your hormones unless absolutely necessary.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals