Topical bromocriptine for hairloss

topical bromocriptine use was mentioned in this thread:

im wondering if any of you have tried it and seen results. What would you dissolve it in, ethanol, dmso?

topical bromocriptine use was mentioned in this thread:

im wondering if any of you have tried it and seen results. What would you dissolve it in, ethanol, dmso?
I have a close family member with a prolactinoma tumor, and has had it for about ten years, and she has the thickest head of hair, thick eyebrows too.

Mossy

I have a close family member with a prolactinoma tumor, and has had it for about ten years, and she has the thickest head of hair, thick eyebrows too.
Very interesting. Of course, there could be other factors at play, and combinations of factors, that make for unique scenarios and not necessarily applicable in all cases; but even so, it begs some questions about the prolactin theory. Maybe there's a prolactin factor at play that's unique to females. Just a thought.

BrianF

Hi prolactin in females is normally at post-partum and this is when many women experience hairloss that is similar to MPB.

GorillaHead

AR is consistently up-regulated in some of our tissues as we get older and that regulation means stronger sensitivity and more local based androgen production. Its all transcriptional. Thats transcription leads to less vdr.

Less local based aromatase imbalance occurs. Too much androgens leads to oxidative stress u get Tgfb1 and apoptosis.

There are many bad things we can do to accelerate our hairloss. Smoking. Drinking. Working out although not bad will accelerate the loss because Higher androgen substrate to fuel the cascade.

Last edited:
AR is consistently up-regulated in some of our tissues as we get older and that regulation means stronger sensitivity and more local based androgen production. Its all transcriptional. Thats transcription leads to less vdr.

Less local based aromatase imbalance occurs. Too much androgens leads to oxidative stress u get Tgfb1 and apoptosis.

There are many bad things we can do to accelerate our hairloss. Smoking. Drinking. Working out although not bad will accelerate the loss because Higher androgen substrate to fuel the cascade.
Not sure about the alcohol and hair loss theory. Every drinker I personally know has a lot of hair, men and women, and well past fifty. Many of the smokers I know seem to have thinnner hair though, regular gym attenders too.

GorillaHead

Not sure about the alcohol and hair loss theory. Every drinker I personally know has a lot of hair, men and women, and well past fifty. Many of the smokers I know seem to have thinnner hair though, regular gym attenders too.

There are people who do not have the balding genetics or have very low expression. They can smoke and drink all they want they will not have an issue.

These aren’t even theories there is so
Much evidence to support this. One thing that will accelerate balding in those with the genes is insulin and metabolic issues. This will lead to early hair-loss.

Fact is there are people with low expression of the balding genes and can be severely overweight and have insulin issues and wont see hairloss. But ultimately if are talking genetic hairloss. The same reason a mans prostate get bigger is the same reason he loses hair and in many cases gets more body hair as he ages.

There are people who do not have the balding genetics or have very low expression. They can smoke and drink all they want they will not have an issue.

These aren’t even theories there is so
Much evidence to support this. One thing that will accelerate balding in those with the genes is insulin and metabolic issues. This will lead to early hair-loss.

Fact is there are people with low expression of the balding genes and can be severely overweight and have insulin issues and wont see hairloss. But ultimately if are talking genetic hairloss. The same reason a mans prostate get bigger is the same reason he loses hair and in many cases gets more body hair as he ages.
I think diet and stress are bigger factors for hair loss. I am thinking lack of sunshine is a big one. Since I have been in the sun more, on an everyday basis gardening, my gray hair has been less and my hair has gotten thicker as well as my eyebrows, which have gotten darker too.

GorillaHead

I think diet and stress are bigger factors for hair loss. I am thinking lack of sunshine is a big one. Since I have been in the sun more, on an everyday basis gardening, my gray hair has been less and my hair has gotten thicker as well as my eyebrows, which have gotten darker too.
As a women u will find it it easier to get ur hair back. Men will struggle vitamin D is essential.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals