Tingling In Hands And Arms When Sleeping

x-ray peat

Ive noticed that I am more and more feeling nerve tingling in hands and arms when sleeping. This happens more if I cross my arms or am lying on my side/shoulder which may reduce blood flow to area. However I never had this problem before regardless of how I slept. I am scared that it is due to higher sugar consumption due to Peating. I stopped all sugar intake as of two days ago and it seems to have gotten better but still too early to tell.

My fasting glucose was last checked in August and was 105 (60-99 mg/dL). This was after a few months of peating and had risen from 90. Is this the start of something serious? Any ideas?

tara

I have woken up with tingling in hands or arms and occasionally dead arm quite a few times. Some of that time I was eating a low sugar diet. Not had it for a while now though. I put it down to just sleeping in a position that restricted circulation or nerves somehow. Are you by any chance sleeping more deeply and/or longer in the same position?

marcar72

Could be a magnesium, potassium, or even an iron deficiency. I used to get it quite often but not anymore...

mujuro

Forum Supporter
You feel it when you're sleeping? Now that's impressive :)

I agree with tara that you may be sleeping deeper and thus longer in bad positions. Try to record the time on the clock when you wake to figure out how long you're out for. If you're inactive and/or don't get occasional massage work I know how easy it is to develop nerve compression on the branches that innervate the limbs. The external rotators, pec minor, pec major, trapezius, triceps... pec minor is a major offender for limb nerve issues, as it sits adjacent to the brachial plexus (which includes arterial and veinous supply) at the thoracic outlet. I get similar symptoms some nights when I wake up. Literally an inch this way or that way can make the difference between good sleep and a dead arm.

Last edited:
OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

Thanks for the replies everyone. I don’t think I am sleeping any more deeply and I have also noticed that I can get the tingling just by lying in bed or can get it on my free side when sleeping on my side. I take a lot of magnesium carbonate and have normal potassium levels but do have low iron so that could be something.

It could also be that I haven’t been going for my usual run/walk as its been cold out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals