Freezing Hands And Bad Sleep

andy

Hello to all.I am trying my best to incorporate as much of the Peat diet as possible(with a little pufa in form of Gla)My problem is my hands are so cold .I am eating more table sugar(cant have too much because seems to bloat me)Too much fruit juice(apple not orange juice (too acidic)) seems to make me very full up and colder.I was previously having a lot of potatoes (seemed to help) but eventually made me get spots and made skin haggard.Since cutting out starch skin getting better but hands getting colder.Should I just start eating chocolate and icecream to get calories in to warm my body .I think I may be hypothyroid.Also my other problem is food stays in stomach along time.(am using hcl to help)I have also started drinking 3 large glasses of milk(with decaf coffee in)I do add sugar to milk and do start to warm up but eventually the bloating kicks in.I have started to add salt to diet(how much should I take in a day?)Also taking 150000 iu of vitamin a and 2000iu of vitamin d.I know calories are vital but what carbs to eat to stop all this bloating.As you can appreciate my doctor told me to not have white sugar(I have about 6 tblsp daily)The vitamin A I take was to hopefully make skin more oily(I get dry skin from low pufa in diet).Also having boiled mushrooms and steamed veg to get bowels moving.I Know I need more calories but my body at the moment is thin arms and legs and pot belly .If I cut out all the sugar then pot belly goes.Also peeing a lot at night and light sleep,thanks for any help.cheers

Steve

If I were you I would follow the "perfect health" diet since there is actually a book describing the diet.
It has a lot in common with Peat's writings. Once you have a grasp of the "perfect health" diet you can tweak it so it leans more towards Peat if that's what you want.
Where they differ is in the areas of: calcium/phosphate ratio, fructose, omega 3's.

So follow the PHD & then tweak for Peat; otherwise you will get lost in Peat-land.
Wish he had a diet book.

Jimmerz

Hello to all.I am trying my best to incorporate as much of the Peat diet as possible(with a little pufa in form of Gla)My problem is my hands are so cold .I am eating more table sugar(cant have too much because seems to bloat me)Too much fruit juice(apple not orange juice (too acidic)) seems to make me very full up and colder.I was previously having a lot of potatoes (seemed to help) but eventually made me get spots and made skin haggard.Since cutting out starch skin getting better but hands getting colder.Should I just start eating chocolate and icecream to get calories in to warm my body .I think I may be hypothyroid.Also my other problem is food stays in stomach along time.(am using hcl to help)I have also started drinking 3 large glasses of milk(with decaf coffee in)I do add sugar to milk and do start to warm up but eventually the bloating kicks in.I have started to add salt to diet(how much should I take in a day?)Also taking 150000 iu of vitamin a and 2000iu of vitamin d.I know calories are vital but what carbs to eat to stop all this bloating.As you can appreciate my doctor told me to not have white sugar(I have about 6 tblsp daily)The vitamin A I take was to hopefully make skin more oily(I get dry skin from low pufa in diet).Also having boiled mushrooms and steamed veg to get bowels moving.I Know I need more calories but my body at the moment is thin arms and legs and pot belly .If I cut out all the sugar then pot belly goes.Also peeing a lot at night and light sleep,thanks for any help.cheers

I had these issues, and many, many more up until recently. Check out magnesium deficiency symptoms..This has been my problem for years. Not saying it's gonna be your panacea, but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

EIRE24

You do know that vitamin A is drying in affect. It doesn't help the skin become more oily.

Infoleech

The only things that keep my body temp high are: sea salt, lots of coconut oil, dates, halogen lights/uv light exposure.