Increasing Number Of Lipofuscin On Arms, Legs

Travis

I pay attention to limiting/blocking iron in my diet... Rarely eat red meat, beef liver every 1-2 week, drink coffee. I eat though dark chocolate/cocoa more often as it helps my digestion. Limiting PUFA too. I am donating blood regaularly.

I have been eating peaty for more than a year, cycling progest-E and supplementing even niacinamide on and off. So I am getting more and more very small freckles/lipofuscin on my arms and nowadays even on my legs. I am getting a lot of sun where I live, but I use Aspirin orally and CO topically.

I even tried to apply topical progest-E on my headline and arms (I even think it gave me more combined with the sun...) and I rubbed niacinamide in CO on my arms during the day and it gave me massive insomnia. I did that yesterday and I could not sleep at all this night. It was definitely the topical niacinamide (1/3 tsp was it on both arms) as I do not have insomnia otherwise already. <

What would help?

I would certainly agree that a moderate iron intake, vitamins E & C, and the avoidance of polyunsaturated fatty acids are great ideas. However, lipid peroxidation can occur independent of iron under high superoxide (Ȯ₂⁻) and/or hydroxyl radical (ȮH⁻) conditions. Besides the small molecule inhibitors vitamins E & C, there are enzymes responsible for keeping reactive oxygen products to a minimum: Glutathione peroxidase is the other enzyme besides catalase responsible for transforming hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂) into water (H₂O) and oxygen (O₂). This enzyme needs selenoamino acids for activity and cannot even be synthesized without it. [Well not exactly, as inorganic selenium can actually be used to synthesize selenocysteine yet isn't ideal.] Superoxide dismutase transforms superoxide into oxygen, and this enzyme comes in a few varieties: The zinc/copper-dependent isoform of course needs Cu²⁺ and/or Zn²⁺, as you'd gather by its name, and the manganese-dependent isoform needs its own eponymous ion. The latter enzymes seems nearly as important as the former (Li, 1995), and eating a few pineapples per week could be a good way to obtain Mg²⁺—and also ascorbate. A few hundred micrograms of selenomethionine, copper, and zinc should further reduce reactive oxygen species and hence lipid peroxidation (Klotz, 2003). Ascorbic acid appears safe in gram-sized doses, and mixed tocopherols in at least triple-digit milligram ones.

rei

They are coming after tanning. Always. And I tan a lot. Meaning 2-3x 2-30 mins during the week and at weekend I am staying outside a lot. But these spots never go away. They are mildening on my face, but I have them on my arms for years. But I am getting a lot of new ones especially on my legs where I never had any before.
I don't know what you are asking, that skin is perfect.

Are you looking for photoshopped ***t you see in a magazine?

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
I don't know what you are asking, that skin is perfect.

Are you looking for photoshopped ***t you see in a magazine?

I agree! You are seeing light freckles, not lipofuscin (LF) at all. Freckles are genetic, and may not show up until the skin is exposed to sun. These are not diet-related and do not indicate any health problem. However, because of the tendency to develop freckles, you will be more likely to develop LF spots in a few decades when you are much older. This is what happened to me - very light freckles that become quite visible when tanned, but barely noticeable in the winter. Then, in my 60's, I began to develop a lot of LF spots on exposed skin. So now I will try to follow @Travis recommendations!

neuroplasma

Is there a difference between lipofuscin and what are called beauty marks (also called beauty spots or birthmarks)? I've had a few of these from birth but have noticed more on my skin over time. They look more like pictures of melanoma than OP's skin, but the skin is smooth and level with the surrounding skin. The dermatologists Ive seen do not see a problem. If both conditions have similar causes they might have similar solutions.

teds

Forum Supporter
Photos of jack kruse are always a helpful visual reminder:

Attachments

• 70340EA7-FDD8-484A-A023-F94DE5C31E69.jpeg
    70340EA7-FDD8-484A-A023-F94DE5C31E69.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 128

neuroplasma

thanks for that it looks very different. after some digging it looks like the spots I described are always black in color from an accumulation of melanin. apparently it can be caused by a number of things such as unnoticed trauma to the skin. lipofuscin (age spots) on the other hand present as the lighter, brown color on jack's forehead.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals