Appearance of veins on the hands

himsahimsa

Head stands

If your veins/arteries are bulgy, it could indicate that the walls are not as strong and resilient as you would want, no? Head stands will drastically increase the pressure in your cranial vasculature, your eyes, your neck ..... And head stands put a lot of stress on the cartilage in you neck.

A slant-board, head down might be just as good and safer and you could adjust it till it feels right.

paper_clips43

If its an issue with the strength of the walls then maybe it could be fixed with exercise
I have been mostly sedentary since starting Peat.
I definitely see how headstands can put pressure on the body.
I can do HANDstands for quite a while and I did some last night.
It was probably the most I have exercised this year.

“Inclined bed therapy is where one's bed is raised 4 to 8 inches at the head by using bricks, wedges, or blocks to raise it. This can be useful in varied disorders including spinal cord injury, back pain, acid reflux or GERD, sinus and respiratory disorders, sleep apnea, poor circulation, low metabolism, edema in the legs, and many other conditions.”

http://www.inclinedbedtherapy.com/index ... &Itemid=18

Also in contrast many people have recommended elevating your legs to help with edema.

I’m not sure which one is better.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
In medicine, hospital beds are designed to be very adjustable for most with the above mentioned issues. It looks like one of the things 'medical science' has done right, probably because they were invented before everything became so focused on big pharma. The head of the bed elevated 30-45 degrees helps many people with symptoms of heart, lung and GI illnesses. When the ankles are swollen it is best to elevate them independently of the heads position. I can't help but think that this is a simple measure that can help people through stressful nights. It's simple, practical, easy to do and affordable. One of the ways a person's severity of congestive heart failure is assessed is through a questionnaire asking about the number of pillows they need to breathe comfortably at night. The more pillows required the more advanced the heart failure. The fact that people instinctively do this on their own many times attests to the innate intelligence and wisdom of our bodies. The great thing about Peat's work is he offers ways we can repair/regenerate from these breakdowns rather than it being a life sentence where continual decline is the rule. I just mentioned to a nice elderly woman last week that she might want to try sleeping with her head elevated. Sadly she had never been told this before in all her years of receiving medical care and having symptoms of all the issues it helps with. Usually getting back to basics is a good idea and it never hurts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals