Pain/Increase Thyroid?

HDD

My hands were hurting for hours yesterday. Today I felt very fatigued and had trouble staying awake. I remembered the following post by Peatarian and thought that since the days are getting shorter, I might need thyroid adjustment. I noticed the veins on my hands were bulging, so I took a few aspirin and nibbled some t3. The fatigue lifted but the weird feeling in my hands didn't. Over the years, I have had random pain that, at the time I would have considered arthritis. Every now and then I will notice a pain in the hip or other spot that passes quickly. In the past I would have thought this pain in my hands and fatigue were MS symptoms. The other symptom I have had the last two days is extremely tight neck and shoulder muscle on my left side. It is as if I slept wrong but this, too, I have had before.

Peatarian said-
"... - the falling asleep of body parts (for me it's the arms), the tingling and the hurting of bones (especially jawline) always happens to me a few weeks after the winter starts. It's my signal for increasing my thyroid dosage. I use 50% more now than I did during summer. There are other signals to stop using too much in spring."

It isn't really winter where I live but the days are getting shorter. I have been nibbling t3 but think I might need to increase cynoplus. I am also going to increase magnesium since the neck/ shoulder was so tight. I probably should check my diet too. :( Could wheat cause this? I have been eating a lot of saltine crackers lately.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Wheat can do those things to me, actually anything that irritates my gut can cause me to experience neck/ shoulder/ joint pain. I didn't think about the seasonal thyroid connection but ironically I just started back on cynoplus today. :D Maybe the increased need for thyroid due to the season change is causing you to be more sensitive to certain foods? We are over half way to the winter solstice.

OP
H

HDD

Thanks, Blossom. I guess my saltine and butter binge needs to stop. I usually have occasional wheat but maybe with the shorter days I need to back off. It certainly isn't cold yet - 90 degrees today.

Mittir

Haagendazendiane said:
( Could wheat cause this? I have been eating a lot of saltine crackers lately.

I think wheat can be very problematic. I gave up wheat about 7 years ago and felt a lot
better.Whenever i tried wheat i would get symptoms from one burger. Recently, i
have started eating wheat again and i can eat wheat 2-3 consecutive days without
any symptoms. Last, 2 weeks i have been snacking on wheat crackers or bread
regularly and i have been feeling hypo for last few days.
My guess is it's either wheat or irregular carrot salad causing the problem.

RP has mentioned how gluten sensitivity increases with excess estrogen.
Lack of sunlight can increase cortisol and decrease production of protective hormone.
You probably have a bad ratio of estrogen to progesterone. Endotoxin problem
is a big factor too. I have noticed i do lot better with home made wheat products
than crackers. I do not think crackers are properly soaked or baked.
Are you doing red light therapy?

OP
H

HDD

Thank you, Mittir.

The only red light therapy is from the sun 2-3 x per week and 250 watt 30 min at bedtime.

Like you, I gave up wheat years ago. However, I cheat pretty regularly. I guess I have been cheating more lately and digestion has been off. What do you think of sprouted grain bread?

Mittir

One of the symptoms i used to get and still get from wheat is mild joint pain.
It indicates serotonin and endotoxin problem. I think for me wheat
is addictive. It tastes so good.

I have not tried sprouting wheat. RP has mentioned in sprouting protein of wheat
is broken down. That should be much safer. But, you will probably not get the
same texture of bread and crackers. I have tried those sprouted Ezekiel bread
and did not like the taste of it. You can try home made tortilla from
nixtamalized corn, fried in coconut oil to satiate your craving for crispy food.
Home made potato chips are good substitute too. You can also check dosa recipe.
Dosa is made from fermented rice and it is very crispy.

OP
H

HDD

When I recall the last week of foods, I did indulge in a lot more wheat than usual. French toast, chili dog, a couple of packages of crackers, and pizza. Geez, no wonder my health is slipping. Going to cut all wheat out before increasing thyroid. I am out of Progest-e but will up vitamin e and aspirin. I usually just eat a carrot but might make the salad this week. I love the homemade chips - potato and corn. It is having the time to make them and they vanish when I do. :D

Thanks again, Mittir.

Mittir

I was feeling cold all day and i just took 10 mg of B1 and B6 and some coconut oil.
(Earlier tried only coconut oil and did not feel much.) In half an hour i am feeling warm now.
I usually avoid vitamin B supplements , it gives me strange headache. But, in past B1 always warmed me up. You can try small amount of B1 and B6 to see how you feel.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It takes me at least 3 or 4 days to recover from eating something wheat. And thats by how I feel. Cant imagine what else is going on inside.

OP
H

HDD

I suppose I can't say I don't eat wheat looking at my diet over the last two weeks. I remembered that I also had a Shake Shack hamburger and raisin cinnamon bread. The wheat really had a hold on me. I really don't notice immediate effects unless they are there and I blame something else. I was noticing that my temperature was not as good but wheat didn't cross my mind. This, hopefully, will be a good lesson for me. Years ago when I was experiencing hoarseness, I went to a naturopathic doctor to determine what was causing my body to have an allergic response. After some strange testing, he advised me to quit eating wheat which, at that time, I thought was crazy. Hoarseness happens to be a symptom of low thyroid.

OP
H

HDD

Pain, fatigue, and neck/shoulder tightness gone today. Temperature -99, pulse -91 this afternoon. Several bowel movements this morning. Maybe the extra aspirin? 975 mg total. Extra aspirin was the only thing I did different except for one drink with whiskey.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's great news! I'm glad you're feeling better so quickly.

milk_lover

It's widely known wheat protein causes problems to the thyroid. We would be in so much better well being without it, I think.

Luann

It's widely known wheat protein causes problems to the thyroid. We would be in so much better well being without it, I think.
Meh, generally yes, but some people ditch wheat and have few results.

Waynish

My hands were hurting for hours yesterday. Today I felt very fatigued and had trouble staying awake. I remembered the following post by Peatarian and thought that since the days are getting shorter, I might need thyroid adjustment. I noticed the veins on my hands were bulging, so I took a few aspirin and nibbled some t3. The fatigue lifted but the weird feeling in my hands didn't. Over the years, I have had random pain that, at the time I would have considered arthritis. Every now and then I will notice a pain in the hip or other spot that passes quickly. In the past I would have thought this pain in my hands and fatigue were MS symptoms. The other symptom I have had the last two days is extremely tight neck and shoulder muscle on my left side. It is as if I slept wrong but this, too, I have had before.

Peatarian said-
"... - the falling asleep of body parts (for me it's the arms), the tingling and the hurting of bones (especially jawline) always happens to me a few weeks after the winter starts. It's my signal for increasing my thyroid dosage. I use 50% more now than I did during summer. There are other signals to stop using too much in spring."

It isn't really winter where I live but the days are getting shorter. I have been nibbling t3 but think I might need to increase cynoplus. I am also going to increase magnesium since the neck/ shoulder was so tight. I probably should check my diet too. :( Could wheat cause this? I have been eating a lot of saltine crackers lately.

So does going off of thyroid stop the tightness in the neck?

OP
H

HDD

So does going off of thyroid stop the tightness in the neck?

No, increasing metabolism does, by whatever means I choose. I had the tightness years before knowing anything about thyroid. I just assumed it was MS related.

DaveFoster

@HDD Dr. Peat has also said that fibromyalgia (nerve pain) results from a poor estrogen:progesterone ratio in favor of estrogen, and since thyroid opposes estrogen and increases progesterone synthesis, it's reasonable to assume that thyroid will generally lessen nerve pain.

OP
H

HDD

@HDD Dr. Peat has also said that fibromyalgia (nerve pain) results from a poor estrogen:progesterone ratio in favor of estrogen, and since thyroid opposes estrogen and increases progesterone synthesis, it's reasonable to assume that thyroid will generally lessen nerve pain.

Yes, I just had several days of aching arm and/or leg (right side, I usually have left side symptoms). I thought about my thyroid dosing, I had only been taking t4/t3 (Novotiral) at bedtime. I stopped taking it and the pain went away. I could have added t3 in the day but wanted to see if it was the t4 causing my pain. I never had this from cynoplus so the ratio in Novotiral seems to be a problem for me unless I take extra t3.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals