Muscle Pain And Tension

thegiantess

I have an ongoing issue with muscle tension, specifically in neck and upper back and also with having a hard time recovering from exercise (walking and hiking which I do a lot of). My muscles just seem to stay fatigued.

I have read the Peat article on muscle fatigue where he suggests it's an issue of thyroid function. If that's the case I don't have any other thyroid symptoms that I can identify. I sleep like the dead, my hair grows incredibly and annoyingly fast, I'm pretty warm, my blood tests (including prolactin) have all been close to optimal, my temp is usuall 98 or above. The only anti thyroid indication I have is low pulse, but that hasn't recovered from many years of endurance sports.

So anyone else have thoughts or clues as to what else could be the problem? I take mag everyday 120mg x 4 and I salt food to taste. I have read on here something about b1 for muscle pain and I have yet to find a dose that makes a difference.

Tarmander

Does getting a massage or manipulation help? Could it be a mechanical issue, some kind of catch up?

red light should REALLY help

Also, if you can improve digestive issues...endotoxins can cause this.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

Does getting a massage or manipulation help? Could it be a mechanical issue, some kind of catch up?
Back when I was involved in athletics, before I got pregnant, I had soft tissue manipulation, chiropractic adjustments and massages very often and it helped in the short term. I've even had steroid injections into the muscle. But now i have very little free time for those things and I exercise about 75% less now. What do you mean by catch up?

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

red light should REALLY help

Also, if you can improve digestive issues...endotoxins can cause this.
I've never tried red light directly. I am in the sun for at least an hour everyday tho. As for endotoxins. What would be the digestive clues that was an issue?

Drareg

Maybe look at ammonia build up.

Creatine can help with fatigued muscle but T3 is much better. I think Peat mentioned that T3 goes very low even after a brisk walk.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

Maybe look at ammonia build up.

Creatine can help with fatigued muscle but T3 is much better. I think Peat mentioned that T3 goes very low even after a brisk walk.
I've considered experimenting with thyroid, but I'm a bit of a chicken. I am a stay at home mom to twins and I can't afford to feel crazy! I'll look into the ammonia thing. Thanks!

OMG, red light is magical. I'm using @RedLightMan's device and it is AMAZING. I also use other lights, and sunshine. But this is something much better. It works REALLY fast. I sound like a shill, LOL.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

OMG, red light is magical. I'm using @RedLightMan's device and it is AMAZING. I also use other lights, and sunshine. But this is something much better. It works REALLY fast. I sound like a shill, LOL.
Well hell. I feel like I missed the boat on that one. I'll check it out. Thanks!

What kind of red light have you found most effective for muscle recovery/muscle pain? Which RLM product and wavelength?
How are you dosing it (distance, time, times per day)?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals