Nerve Pain

M

marikay

Does anyone have any experience or advice on nerve pain on one side of the body? I've had (off and on for years) pain in the left side of my body. The pain is not in my limbs as much as in my hips, spine, and neck (and even head). It feels like my left side is out of alignment with my right side, like the left side is somehow higher than the right side. It definitely seems to get worse during the winter. Wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a supplement to take (or avoid). Thanks.

Ray has said that one sided pains are a result of excess endorphins.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/alzheimers.shtml

Endorphins: Stress induced, laterally specific, involved in estrogen action, antagonized by naloxone and similar anti-opiate drugs. I have proposed that the endorphins can cause or sustain some of the symptoms of aging. Naloxone appears to be a useful treatment for senility. E. Roberts, Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 396, 165, 1982; B. Reisberg, et al., N. Engl. J. Med. 308, 721, 1983.

OP
M

marikay

Wow. I was thinking it was sciatica related. Thanks for the alternative possibility.

OP
M

marikay

Yes stretching helps a little (and I feel like I need to stretch constantly). But I can't help but think I have some inflammation of nerve endings going on.

I've had this problem for a long time. Apparent leg length discrepancy. I think it is inflammation based.

I'm getting my thyroid supplements now and getting up to speed and finding that I think it is going away.

I suffered terrible headaches coincident with the worst of this leg length discrepancy feeling but the headaches went away when I started Peat inspired diet about 3 weeks ago. It is a Godsend.

OP
M

marikay

Glad to hear of your headaches are going away. I've been lucky in that respect at least, the headaches haven't been that bad. But the thyroid might be the key now that you mention it. Thyroid is always tricky for me during the winter, I seem to need a lot more and I'm never sure how much to take. So I guess I'll muddle through alright. Thanks for your thoughts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals