Thoughts On Butea ?

Tbone107

I think it is one of the most interesting herbs out there, but I am also biased since my company sells it :P

My recommendation, avoid the extracts. Get a pure root powder, it has a mild taste so it is easy to consume. There are also premium strains out there that have a higher amount of active ingredients than others.

It's interesting because it seems to be both androgenic as well as anti-estrogenic (although this might be from a SERM like effect). Has influence on cAMP in a similar way as forskolin which has studies backing T boosting effects. The DHT effects are also pretty unique. The type of antioxidants are also nice, epicatechin (same as chocolate) being one of them, this one does not seem to have estrogenic effects same as the other green tea catechins.
What company if you don’t mine asking. I’ve tried tribulus and liked it. I want to try a good butea.

Aleeri

What company if you don’t mine asking. I’ve tried tribulus and liked it. I want to try a good butea.

I am not sure about the rules here about self-promotion.

You should be able to find us with some google, we only sell Butea Superba and Black Ginger at this time.

Mauritio

@Lokzo have you tried butea?

I get the feeling that Butea Superba is more of an anti-estrogen than a DHT increaser.

While Butea will flatten my stomach and make me dump water, it doesn't give me any of the same feeling as for instance eating sorghum which is known to contain 5-AR proteins, or even using creatine. Lacks that mental drive and cognitive boost.

It also worsens my sleep as well.

Mauritio

I get the feeling that Butea Superba is more of an anti-estrogen than a DHT increaser.

While Butea will flatten my stomach and make me dump water, it doesn't give me any of the same feeling as for instance eating sorghum which is known to contain 5-AR proteins, or even using creatine. Lacks that mental drive and cognitive boost.

Proably depends on in which organ 5a reductase is increased. It can be tissue specific.

AndrogenicJB

I thought sorghum was goitrogenic? Which brand did you try? In what form did you get it in? How effective was it?

I thought sorghum was goitrogenic? Which brand did you try? In what form did you get it in? How effective was it?

I don't feel any goitrogenic effect.

I bought Swanson's Butea Superba 400 mg. Well, the effects are as I mention above. I haven't tried any other product to compare it with.

I'm taking 2 grams / day of Butea Superba root powder that I bought from The Jamu Shop.

This is a rather high dose but it's the "recommended" dose on the packaging so I thought I'd try it. Before that I took Swanson's Butea Superba which is 400 mg per capsule.

At 400 mg doses it seems to have some very mild androgenic effects and somewhat SERM-y or anti-estrogenic effects.

At 2 g the androgenic effects are more pronounced, HOWEVER (at least in my case) there is also a very strong (pro)estrogenic effect which leads to serious intestinal bloating and water retention. This can be countered with Vitamin E Succinate at 280 mg every other day.

My main reason for taking it is that even after several cycles of HCG my peripheral 5 AR activity is still nowhere near normal, so my body is flabby, gut is bloated and full of water (peripheral estrogen dominance). I am hoping that taking this herb for, say, a month can restart some 5-AR permanently.

TheReds

I'm taking 2 grams / day of Butea Superba root powder that I bought from The Jamu Shop.

This is a rather high dose but it's the "recommended" dose on the packaging so I thought I'd try it. Before that I took Swanson's Butea Superba which is 400 mg per capsule.

At 400 mg doses it seems to have some very mild androgenic effects and somewhat SERM-y or anti-estrogenic effects.

At 2 g the androgenic effects are more pronounced, HOWEVER (at least in my case) there is also a very strong (pro)estrogenic effect which leads to serious intestinal bloating and water retention. This can be countered with Vitamin E Succinate at 280 mg every other day.

My main reason for taking it is that even after several cycles of HCG my peripheral 5 AR activity is still nowhere near normal, so my body is flabby, gut is bloated and full of water (peripheral estrogen dominance). I am hoping that taking this herb for, say, a month can restart some 5-AR permanently.
How is it going?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals