Thoughts On Butea ?

Frankdee20

Tribulus is a bit too stimulating for me due to its MAO I effects. It likely does not raise Testosterone either.

Anyone have experiences with Butea herb ?
What type of effects did you notice and is it stimulating and cause insomnia ?

Tribulus is a bit too stimulating for me due to its MAO I effects. It likely does not raise Testosterone either.

Anyone have experiences with Butea herb ?
What type of effects did you notice and is it stimulating and cause insomnia ?
I tried it last semester and for me it pretty much exclusively targeted erection frequency, sexual thoughts and libido. No insomnia but is quite stimulating IMO. You might be deep in a fatty in no time :woot:
Also I have no blood test but would be interesting for someone to do DHT as that is the claim from the “one Thai male” study

vulture

I tried it last semester and for me it pretty much exclusively targeted erection frequency, sexual thoughts and libido. No insomnia but is quite stimulating IMO. You might be deep in a fatty in no time :woot:
Also I have no blood test but would be interesting for someone to do DHT as that is the claim from the “one Thai male” study
I guess you could say it’s highly effective

Aleeri

I think it is one of the most interesting herbs out there, but I am also biased since my company sells it :P

My recommendation, avoid the extracts. Get a pure root powder, it has a mild taste so it is easy to consume. There are also premium strains out there that have a higher amount of active ingredients than others.

It's interesting because it seems to be both androgenic as well as anti-estrogenic (although this might be from a SERM like effect). Has influence on cAMP in a similar way as forskolin which has studies backing T boosting effects. The DHT effects are also pretty unique. The type of antioxidants are also nice, epicatechin (same as chocolate) being one of them, this one does not seem to have estrogenic effects same as the other green tea catechins.

vulture

I think it is one of the most interesting herbs out there, but I am also biased since my company sells it :P

My recommendation, avoid the extracts. Get a pure root powder, it has a mild taste so it is easy to consume. There are also premium strains out there that have a higher amount of active ingredients than others.

It's interesting because it seems to be both androgenic as well as anti-estrogenic (although this might be from a SERM like effect). Has influence on cAMP in a similar way as forskolin which has studies backing T boosting effects. The DHT effects are also pretty unique. The type of antioxidants are also nice, epicatechin (same as chocolate) being one of them, this one does not seem to have estrogenic effects same as the other green tea catechins.
Studies on effects on hormones?

Aleeri

Studies on effects on hormones?
  1. Hyperandrogenemia due to ingestion of Butea superba - Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2012 May-Jun; 16(3): 485–486. - NCBI

2. Erectogenic and Aphrodisiac Effects of Butea frondosa Koenig ex Roxb. in Rats: Involvement of Enzyme Inhibition - Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013; 2013: 874894. - NCBI

3. Clinical trial of Butea superba, an alternative herbal treatment for erectile dysfunction. - Asian J Androl. 2003 Sep;5(3):243-6. - NCBI

4. Flavonoid and Flavonoid glycoside from Butea superba Roxb. and their cAMP Phosphodiesterase Inhibitory Activity - 2000 - Researchgate

5. Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men. - Obes Res. 2005 Aug;13(8):1335-43. - NCBI

6. Estrogenic and anti-estrogenic activities of the Thai traditional herb, Butea superba Roxb. - Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74(11):2176-82. Epub 2010 Nov 7. - NCBI

7. Effects of Butea superba on reproductive systems of rats. - Fitoterapia. 2006 Sep;77(6):435-8. Epub 2006 Jul 6. - NCBI

8. A Review on Plants Used for Improvement of Sexual Performance and Virility - Biomed Res Int. 2014; 2014: 868062. - NCBI

9. Butea superba-induced amelioration of cognitive and emotional deficits in olfactory bulbectomized mice and putative mechanisms underlying its actions. - J Pharmacol Sci. 2014;124(4):457-67. Epub 2014 Mar 19. - NCBI

10. Antidepressant-like effect of Butea superba in mice exposed to chronic mild stress and its possible mechanism of action. - J Ethnopharmacol. 2014 Oct 28;156:16-25. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2014.08.014. Epub 2014 Aug 23. - NCBI

11. HPLC coupled on-line to ESI-MS and a DPPH-based assay for the rapid identification of anti-oxidants in Butea superba. - Phytochem Anal. 2005 Nov-Dec;16(6):422-8. - NCBI

12. Procyanidin B-2, extracted from apples, promotes hair growth: a laboratory study. - Br J Dermatol. 2002 Jan;146(1):41-51. - NCBI

13. Procyanidin B2 Protects Neurons from Oxidative, Nitrosative, and Excitotoxic Stress - Antioxidants (Basel). 2017 Dec; 6(4): 77. - NCBI

14. Effect of cinnamon and its procyanidin-B2 enriched fraction on diabetic nephropathy in rats. - Chem Biol Interact. 2014 Oct 5;222:68-76. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2014.08.013. Epub 2014 Sep 6. - NCBI

15. Anti-tumor-promoting activity of a polyphenolic fraction isolated from grape seeds in the mouse skin two-stage initiation-promotion protocol and identification of procyanidin B5-3'-gallate as the most effective antioxidant constituent. - Carcinogenesis. 1999 Sep;20(9):1737-45. - NCBI

16. Effects of (-)-epicatechin on molecular modulators of skeletal muscle growth and differentiation. - J Nutr Biochem. 2014 Jan;25(1):91-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jnutbio.2013.09.007. Epub 2013 Oct 18. - NCBI

17. (–)-Epicatechin enhances fatigue resistance and oxidative capacity in mouse muscle - J Physiol. 2011 Sep 15; 589(Pt 18): 4615–4631. - NCBI

18. Pharmacokinetic, partial pharmacodynamic and initial safety analysis of (−)-Epicatechin in healthy volunteers - Food Funct. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2015 Mar 12. - NCBI

19. Role of nitric oxide in cardiovascular disease: focus on the endothelium - 1998 - American Association for Clinical Chemistry

20. The toxicology of Butea superba, Roxb. - Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2002;33 Suppl 3:155-8. - NCBI

21. Butea Superba Research Papers Collection

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

This is awesome, LOL. I like Tribulus, but found it stimulating and worsened my insomnia. It is an MAO inhibitor, but probably does not boost androgens.

Aleeri

This is awesome, LOL. I like Tribulus, but found it stimulating and worsened my insomnia. It is an MAO inhibitor, but probably does not boost androgens.

I want to remember when I researched Tribulus that it could be slightly estrogenic for some people. To me, it looks mostly like a libido booster.

Any muscle building effects are not from any androgenic effect, if I remember correctly it affects the binding protein of IGF-1 which is why it can provide benefits for people doing weight training.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I want to remember when I researched Tribulus that it could be slightly estrogenic for some people. To me, it looks mostly like a libido booster.

Any muscle building effects are not from any androgenic effect, if I remember correctly it affects the binding protein of IGF-1 which is why it can provide benefits for people doing weight training.

It was definately a Libido booster, and erection enhancer in the begining, as time went on, too much stimulation. It is a good sex herb, but would not use it to boost hormones.

BTD

I like using butea and cycle it. I can only take it in the morning or it definitely will cause me insomnia.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I like using butea and cycle it. I can only take it in the morning or it definitely will cause me insomnia.

Why does every damn libido slash androgen booster cause insomnia LOL. That is annoying.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Cistanche does not, it is slightly sedating in rat studies. I can take it before bed and sleep well.

Not much data on this one, and reviews seem mixed. What did you feel ?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Nice, well even if it enhances blood flow to the nether regions, that is a good thing. It is cheaper than Pycnogenol (also enhances blood flow via NO).

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I have to get on that Butea kick though. I could imagine what I would be and feel like after correcting long standing deficits in my hormones

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals