Tobacco Increases Serotonin Through MAO-A Inhibition?

Rave re-peat

What kind of tobacco you are talking about? In case of industrial made cigarettes I would say it's carbon monoxide and combustion products of 599 known additives in used by cigarette industry.
List of additives in cigarettes - Wikipedia
Don't blame tobacco if it's full of toxic chemicals.

Not defending cigarettes. Just like to point out that all those chemicals are not in the same cigarettes. Theres different brands and flavours. If your follow the references you can get to the cigarette company who actually put ingredients out for public. And most cigarettes have like 6-10 ingredients. People can misinterpret the wiki page

D

Deleted member 5487

I Smoke 2-3 American Spirits A Day. Picked it up in college drinking/roommates social smoking. Best Shape of my life and do sprints few times a week.

Wouldn't reccomend tho. I "can stop" and have for months in the past. Or can easily move to nicotine gum. But I don't want to. Hence the addiction.

How People Smoke More than a few a day, I have no idea would make me sick particularly the added chemical ones in gas station cigs(palmal/malboro)

Mauritio

From what I understand it's the alkaloids in the tobacco not the nicotine that's causes MAO inhibition. so nicotine seems safe in that regard ...

OP
Xemnoraq

Xemnoraq

From what I understand it's the alkaloids in the tobacco not the nicotine that's causes MAO inhibition. so nicotine seems safe in that regard ...
interesting... damn thatd be cool to look into, if you have any information on that lemme know, nicotine does seem to have some power aromatase inhibition activity which is good, ive heard it negatively affects the vascular system but that could just be all the other ***t in tobacco not the nicotine but thats interesting man your probably right

Razvan

interesting... damn thatd be cool to look into, if you have any information on that lemme know, nicotine does seem to have some power aromatase inhibition activity which is good, ive heard it negatively affects the vascular system but that could just be all the other ***t in tobacco not the nicotine but thats interesting man your probably right
Natural tobacco plant doesn't have ***t.
Yes, nicotine and or tobacco are one of the strongest aromatase inhibitors.

rei

It prevents breakdown of both serotonin and dopamine, and i would think the rise in dopamine is more significant than in serotonin.

Razvan

It prevents breakdown of both serotonin and dopamine, and i would think the rise in dopamine is more significant than in serotonin.
The net effects are anti serotonin. Nicotine also inhibits tryptophan like aspirin.

Mauritio

Yeah the nerve effect could still be anti-serotonin/pro dopamine . And MAO-b inhibition is actually a good thing as it increases dopamine.
I think it increases candida ,which isnt good .

OP
Xemnoraq

Xemnoraq

Natural tobacco plant doesn't have ***t.
Yes, nicotine and or tobacco are one of the strongest aromatase inhibitors.
the tobacco plant itself doesnt have the ***t perse, its more the chemicals that it gets sprayed with now because of huge industrialization, nickel and cadmium are known to be contained in high amounts in tobacco because of industrialization so it seems like the only way to get clean tobacco would be from a local farm or grow it yourself

Mauritio

Look at this stuff :

D

Deleted member 5487

Look at this stuff :

Yeah. If your gonna smoke you alway RYO, roll your own with organic hemp papers and organic tobacco. Seems like most of the issues are in the gas station ciggerates like Marlboro/Palmal...
1) Polonium/Lead 210 fertilizer
2) FSP fire safe paper
3) reconstituted leaf/paper/stems make up like 50% of the ciggerattes and are highly processed with 500+ added chemicals
4) Microfibers from filters

You can cut down massivly with RYO tobacco. The nicotine fix can be kept to 1x a day. I now only smoke one after work and I'm good for 24hrs. Will prob do the rest of my life. When I quit all sorts of things go haywire from dopamine, sertonin, thyroid, estrogen...etc.

Razvan

Yeah. If your gonna smoke you alway RYO, roll your own with organic hemp papers and organic tobacco. Seems like most of the issues are in the gas station ciggerates like Marlboro/Palmal...
1) Polonium/Lead 210 fertilizer
2) FSP fire safe paper
3) reconstituted leaf/paper/stems make up like 50% of the ciggerattes and are highly processed with 500+ added chemicals
4) Microfibers from filters

You can cut down massivly with RYO tobacco. The nicotine fix can be kept to 1x a day. I now only smoke one after work and I'm good for 24hrs. Will prob do the rest of my life. When I quit all sorts of things go haywire from dopamine, sertonin, thyroid, estrogen...etc.
That is propaganda, its not radioactive, i have flandria tobacco and its amazing, they push us for weed.
Weed makes you weak and a slave , tobacco and nicotine wakes you up.

OP
Xemnoraq

Xemnoraq

That is propaganda, its not radioactive, i have flandria tobacco and its amazing, they push us for weed.
Weed makes you weak and a slave , tobacco and nicotine wakes you up.
it's propoganda that corner store tobacco has chemicals in it or that it's radioactive? everyone knows the store bought cigarettes have got a bunch of ***t it, i'd definetely be down to grow my own tobacco roll my own cigarettes