The Earth Is Flat, Intellectuals Weep

Travis

I am just trying to save you from embarrassment later.

It the earth was flat, you would be able to see much more of Chicago from 60 miles away than just the tips of a few buildings. You would also be able to see Milwaukee from the same point.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mWmRGanD2...AAQKU/_Hnxy7Ct780/s1600/IMG_5099-001_Snap.jpg

Atmospheric distortion and perspective cannot explain why you can only see the tops. There is only one good explanation is this: there is a hump of water in the way; a spherical section of a globe in obscuring most of the towers.

Many buildings in Chicago are just as wide as the ones you can see in this photograph, but shorter; so it is not perspective that limits our ability to see them, it is the lack of height.

FacelessMan

I am just trying to save you from embarrassment later.

It the earth was flat, you would be able to see much more of Chicago from 60 miles away than just the tips of a few buildings. You would also be able to see Milwaukee from the same point.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mWmRGanD2...AAQKU/_Hnxy7Ct780/s1600/IMG_5099-001_Snap.jpg

Atmospheric distortion and perspective cannot explain why you can only see the tops. There is only one good explanation is this: there is a hump of water in the way; a spherical section of a globe in obscuring most of the towers.

Many buildings in Chicago are just as wide as the ones you can see in this photograph, but shorter; so it is not perspective that limits our ability to see them, it is the lack of height.
Actually yes perspective can and does explain why you can only see the tops, as does distortion. Watch some videos on this to see how it works. There are many good ones. Also look up video footage of boats reappearing. Its the exact same phenomenon

FacelessMan

Well i've been on a plane over water on a clear day, and i saw the curve of the earth over the horizon myself
Hmm even NASA says a curve is impossible to see unless you are hundreds of miles up....but I'm sure you saw what you wanted to see.

Travis

Actually yes perspective can and does explain why you can only see the tops, as does distortion. Watch some videos on this to see how it works. There are many good ones. Also look up video footage of boats reappearing. Its the exact same phenomenon

Can you explain it to us? What happens to the light rays that would allow us to visualize the rest of Chicago go?

Even if you were right, why is it worthwhile to spend your time with this? While gaining no practical advantage, you adopt a world view that's opposed to 99% of other people. If the Earth is proven to be flat (lol that just sounds ridiculous) your life won't change.

FacelessMan

Even if you were right, why is it worthwhile to spend your time with this? While gaining no practical advantage, you adopt a world view that's opposed to 99% of other people. If the Earth is proven to be flat (lol that just sounds ridiculous) your life won't change.
That's where you are wrong. It changes everything. I'll comment tomorrow explaining why it matters so much, but I'm about to go to bed. But even if nothing were to change, I'm not buying into the deception being fed to us by a Department of Defense organization (NASA) that gets billions every year and gives us cheap CGI and lies in return.

Travis

Watch this video on perspective. An engineer made it. Really smart guy. I think you'll enjoy it.

OK. I see how he explains it at [21:45], what he calls a "bunching up" effect.

I thought you said this guy was smart? That was the dumbest explanation that I have ever heard.

Get off of the flat-earth bandwagon while you still can. Maybe the moderator will let you change names out of embarrassment if you want to concede your position.

Travis

That's where you are wrong. It changes everything. I'll comment tomorrow explaining why it matters so much, but I'm about to go to bed. But even if nothing were to change, I'm not buying into the deception being fed to us by a Department of Defense organization (NASA) that gets billions every year and gives us cheap CGI and lies in return.

Yes, NASA is lying about some things, but the shape of the earth is not one of them.

Last edited:

FacelessMan

OK. I see how he explains it at [21:45], what he calls a "bunching up" effect.

I thought you said this guy was smart? That was the dumbest explanation that I have ever heard.

Get off of the flat-earth bandwagon while you still can. Maybe the moderator will let you change names out of embarrassment if you want to concede your position.
Lol. Funny guy. All I have to say is I laughed and thought it was stupid too. Then I actually opened my mind and looked into it. The burden of proof is on proving the globe, and it can't be done. Look into it and maybe one day you will understand. The boxes of globe earth proof are empty.

Richiebogie

The 747-400 from Sydney to Johannesburg flies over Melbourne and then south west over Bass Strait.

If the earth is flat then in the Southern Hemisphere we need a flat earth map with the South Pole in the centre and the North Pole circling at the edge of the world.

Also the sun still rises in the east and sets in the west in the Southern Hemisphere...

The globe seems to be the only model which explains all of these observations.

FacelessMan

The 747-400 from Sydney to Johannesburg flies over Melbourne and then south west over Bass Strait.

If the earth is flat then in the Southern Hemisphere we need a flat earth map with the South Pole in the centre and the North Pole circling at the edge of the world.

Also the sun still rises in the east and sets in the west in the Southern Hemisphere...

The globe seems to be the only model which explains all of these observations.
There is no south pole. No magnetic south. They'll say there is but talk to any s
Apollo Astronauts More Susceptible To Heart Disease Due To Deep-Space Radiation: Study

Our RPF conspirators ( NASA faked moon landing section), arent going to take this lying down. The heart disease was obviously acquired from the NASA canteen PUFA saturated food, eaten during the filming of the fake moon landings in Hangar 18.

(Lights blue touch paper, retreats to safe distance, puts on tin hat)
Lol. This is comical.

Travis

Apollo Astronauts More Susceptible To Heart Disease Due To Deep-Space Radiation: Study

Our RPF conspirators ( NASA faked moon landing section), arent going to take this lying down. The heart disease was obviously acquired from the NASA canteen PUFA saturated food, eaten during the filming of the fake moon landings in Hangar 18.

(Lights blue touch paper, retreats to safe distance, puts on tin hat)

Neil Armstrong eating his last meal on earth before going to the moon: Neil Armstrong eating his last breakfast on Earth before leaving for the moon - 1969. • /r/OldSchoolCool

FacelessMan

Funny thing is, NASA has admitted that we can't get through the Van Allen radiation belts. They released a promo video for the O'Ryan program in 2013 that stated "we have to fix this problem (reffering to how to get through the van Allen radiation) before we can send people into this part of space."

Hmmm. Guess they figured it out in 1969, but forgot how all of a sudden...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals