The Carnivore Code

FrenchKiwi

I have been reading this forum for years but still have not found the holy grail of eating that provides me with energy, hormones and a lean, strong body. So I am always researching and experimenting on myself. I have just listened to The Carnivore Code by Paul Saladino and would love to hear your opinion if you have also read this book. Some things align with Peat, eg fibers are unnecessary/harmful, however he once again demonises carbs including all fruit and most vegetables, calling them survival foods. What about thyroid health? What happens to our hormones on an all meat diet? Would this be an experiment worth trying? For context, I am hypothyroid taking NDT, I have no progesterone production, energy deficiency, sleep problems and the list goes on

ExD

I have been reading this forum for years but still have not found the holy grail of eating that provides me with energy, hormones and a lean, strong body. So I am always researching and experimenting on myself. I have just listened to The Carnivore Code by Paul Saladino and would love to hear your opinion if you have also read this book. Some things align with Peat, eg fibers are unnecessary/harmful, however he once again demonises carbs including all fruit and most vegetables, calling them survival foods. What about thyroid health? What happens to our hormones on an all meat diet? Would this be an experiment worth trying? For context, I am hypothyroid taking NDT, I have no progesterone production, energy deficiency, sleep problems and the list goes on

Excess ammonia, constipation, potentially harmful gut bacteria (putrified beef tend to exacerbate bugs that will eat you when you're dead, even if you're alive:P)

It's kind of weird someone would call fruits and veg survival food when we evolved to live and thrive on them before we learnt to digest meat, which we do to a far less efficient degree than predators hundreds of thousands of years after the fact...

I've tried the carnivore diet and the benefits of only eating meat tend to start and end with the fact that you're taking everything else out of the equation, which can have a dramatic effect when you consider the way many of us eat on a daily basis. It's not the meat that's helping so much as the lack of a lot of other rubbish foods / over eating in general.

It's unnatural and unhealthy imo because 99% of people won't hunt and eat game meat, stripping the whole animal and using everything, bones, cartilage and organs/thyroid (for hormones) - most people will just eat muscle meat and end up with an uneven amino acid profile and a belly full of constantly putrified flesh

I've heard of some people who are hyper allergic to cellulose and they might thrive on a meat diet but for most people I think the benefits are largely the same as intermittent fasting.

OP
F

FrenchKiwi

Excess ammonia, constipation, potentially harmful gut bacteria (putrified beef tend to exacerbate bugs that will eat you when you're dead, even if you're alive:P)

It's kind of weird someone would call fruits and veg survival food when we evolved to live and thrive on them before we learnt to digest meat, which we do to a far less efficient degree than predators hundreds of thousands of years after the fact...

I've tried the carnivore diet and the benefits of only eating meat tend to start and end with the fact that you're taking everything else out of the equation, which can have a dramatic effect when you consider how many of us eat on a daily basis.

It's unnatural and unhealthy imo because 99% of people won't hunt and eat game meat, stripping the whole animal and using everything, bones, cartilage and organs/thyroid (for hormones) - most people will just eat muscle meat and end up with an uneven amino acid profile and a belly full of constantly putrified flesh
Thanks for sharing your experience. What would you say about satiety with more protein. I still can't tell if it helps and I still struggle with excess hunger from fruit

ExD

Thanks for sharing your experience. What would you say about satiety with more protein. I still can't tell if it helps and I still struggle with excess hunger from fruit

I recently went back on the carnivore diet this week to eliminate some digestive problems I had from indulging on legumes during lockdown and it works for that simply because protein is so filling, but beyond that I don't see any benefit. However finding quality meat and organs and bone and all that just isn't feasible and without that, it's nothing but a fad imo. V useful to get by for a while to let your system "clear out" but at the same time it's heavy on the digestive system in general and tends to slow mobility which leads to it's own problems.

Fruit isn't very protein dense so it's not going to satiate you unless you're eating it constantly. Yoghurt, eggs, certain soups however provide me with the same sense of fullness that a ribeye steak does, and they are infinitely less taxing on the gut

OP
F

FrenchKiwi

I recently went back on the carnivore diet this week to eliminate some digestive problems I had from indulging on legumes during lockdown and it works for that simply because protein is so filling, but beyond that I don't see any benefit. However finding quality meat and organs and bone and all that just isn't feasible and without that, it's nothing but a fad imo. V useful to get by for a while to let your system "clear out" but at the same time it's heavy on the digestive system in general and tends to slow mobility which leads to it's own problems.

Fruit isn't very protein dense so it's not going to satiate you unless you're eating it constantly. Yoghurt, eggs, certain soups however provide me with the same sense of fullness that a ribeye steak does, and they are infinitely less taxing on the gut
So as a short protocol it might be beneficial, good to know. Any soup recipes you might share? How do you find potato or other starch for satiety

ExD

So as a short protocol it might be beneficial, good to know. Any soup recipes you might share? How do you find potato or other starch for satiety

Well my problems started on starch; green peas of all things. I'm Irish and have been born and bred on potatoes but I'm leaning away from them in lieu of white rice. Potatoes take a lot more energy to break down by comparison so the sense of fullness probably remains longer, but white rich provides more bang for your buck - they digest super easily and provide similar calories and superior nutrition with the added benefit of having no nightshade allergens.

My soups tend to be root heavy - 2 carrots/1 onion, enough ginger to ignite the belly and whatever salts and spices you prefer. Can add gelatin if you're concerned about balancing amino acids against meat. Simplicity \o/

OP
F

FrenchKiwi

Well my problems started on starch; green peas of all things. I'm Irish and have been born and bred on potatoes but I'm leaning away from them in lieu of white rice. Potatoes take a lot more energy to break down by comparison so the sense of fullness probably remains longer, but white rich provides more bang for your buck - they digest super easily and provide similar calories and superior nutrition with the added benefit of having no nightshade allergens.

My soups tend to be root heavy - 2 carrots/1 onion, enough ginger to ignite the belly and whatever salts and spices you prefer. Can add gelatin if you're concerned about balancing amino acids against meat. Simplicity \o/
You are obviously good at listening to your body. I will make a nice thick soup for lunch and add Carrots and rice. Thanks again for sharing your experiences

redsun

I've tried the carnivore diet and the benefits of only eating meat tend to start and end with the fact that you're taking everything else out of the equation, which can have a dramatic effect when you consider the way many of us eat on a daily basis. It's not the meat that's helping so much as the lack of a lot of other rubbish foods / over eating in general.

I've heard of some people who are hyper allergic to cellulose and they might thrive on a meat diet but for most people I think the benefits are largely the same as intermittent fasting.

I don't know why I am surprised at this point that people still have these stupid myths in their head about meat.

Meat does not putrefy in your intestines. You're mistaking meat with plant fibers which we can not digest that are fermented by bacteria in the gut. Meat does not constipate you, you go less because meat does not have undigestable bulk that plants do.

We evolved on vegetables and fruit? Lol... you are worse than those people that believe the Adam and Eve story and how they both lived off of plants entirely until they sinned.

Yeh pure carnivore is not an optimal diet, an omnivorous one is. But you discount meat by saying its bad for the gut, causes constipation, and putrifies. That putrefying part is hilariously wrong and probably the worst myth of all.

The fact that you even take short stints on carnivore diet for your digestion and you keep propagating these bull**** myths about how meat is bad for digestion? Hello?
V useful to get by for a while to let your system "clear out" but at the same time it's heavy on the digestive system in general and tends to slow mobility which leads to it's own problems.

If you are going to use this "fad" to clear out your gut you should at least understand these myths you keep spouting are completely false and stop passing on BS to others. Meat does not slow mobility, you go less because you literally have less feces building up in your colon because meat creates less waste. Why would you go if you don't have to? Exactly, no reason.

ExD

I don't know why I am surprised at this point that people still have these stupid myths in their head about meat.

Compelling.

Meat does not putrefy in your intestines. You're mistaking meat with plant fibers which we can not digest that are fermented by bacteria in the gut. Meat does not constipate you, you go less because meat does not have undigestable bulk that plants do.

Assuming people digest 100% of their food is flat out stupid, especially on a forum like this.

We evolved on vegetables and fruit? Lol... you are worse than those people that believe the Adam and Eve story and how they both lived off of plants entirely until they sinned.

We were monkeys living in trees and eating fruits...then we came down and started hunting animals...you know, getting saturated fat that gave us big brains and helped us evolve from tree dwellers....

Thanks for not only insulting me, but bringing religion into it. Amazingly helpful. Pat yourself on the head matey.

Yeh pure carnivore is not an optimal diet, an omnivorous one is. But you discount meat by saying its bad for the gut, causes constipation, and putrifies. That putrefying part is hilariously wrong and probably the worst myth of all.

Oh. So you're agreeing with me.

The fact that you even take short stints on carnivore diet for your digestion and you keep propagating these bull**** myths about how meat is bad for digestion? Hello?

I didn't say it is bad for digestion, I said it is difficult to digest, unless you think a human stomach is equal to a cat or even a dog. If you're going to insult me the least you could do is work on your ******* reading comprehension lol.

If you are going to use this "fad" to clear out your gut you should at least understand these myths you keep spouting are completely false and stop passing on BS to others. Meat does not slow mobility, you go less because you literally have less feces building up in your colon because meat creates less waste. Why would you go if you don't have to? Exactly, no reason.

Why would you go at all if it's digested?

Lol.

OP
F

FrenchKiwi

Why do these forums have to end up in aggressivity. I think this is not in line with the think perceive act approach. We are just sharing ideas

ExD

Why do these forums have to end up in aggressivity. I think this is not in line with the think perceive act approach. We are just sharing ideas

People are full of endotoxin :P

You are obviously good at listening to your body. I will make a nice thick soup for lunch and add Carrots and rice. Thanks again for sharing your experiences

My pleasure :P

redsun

Thanks for not only insulting me, but bringing religion into it. Amazingly helpful. Pat yourself on the head matey.

Your welcome. Never meant to be helpful. Why would I when you are actively spouting myths to someone who doesn't know any better.
Oh. So you're agreeing with me.
Your assumptions about meat is what I am disagreeing with, not on long term carnivore.
Why would you go at all if it's digested?
Lol.
Clearly you dont know what feces is made of.
I didn't say it is bad for digestion, I said it is difficult to digest, unless you think a human stomach is equal to a cat or even a dog. If you're going to insult me the least you could do is work on your ******* reading comprehension lol.
So according to you, meat putrifies in your gut, constipates you, increases bad bacteria in the gut, but yet not difficult to digest? Please don't try to make fun of my reading comprehension when you don't even know what you write.

ExD

So according to you, meat putrifies in your gut, constipates you, increases bad bacteria in the gut, but yet not difficult to digest? Please don't try to make fun of my reading comprehension when you don't even know what you write.

ExD said:

I'm an optimist matey. I genuinely believe that if we all hold hands, you'll get there in the end.

redsun

I'm an optimist matey. I genuinely believe that if we all hold hands, you'll get there in the end.

Actually you are saying it is bad for digestion. Again, you don't even know what you are writing down and then you claim I am mistaking you and then you clarify that meat is not bad for digestion. But in your posts before you said it putrifies in the gut, causes constipation, increased bad bacteria. You are incredibly confused if you can say these negative effects of meat on digestion and then turn around and try to make me look stupid when you said you never said meat is bad for digestion.

Most people with more than 2 brain cells would say meat IS bad for digestion if it causes constipation, putrifies in the gut, and increases bad bacteria. But according to you, no? But you yourself said this. You are clearly contradicting yourself and don't even realize it. Let me put it all in one place down below that way you can keep track of your own words.

This is you:
most people will just eat muscle meat and end up with an uneven amino acid profile and a belly full of constantly putrified flesh

But this is also you:
I didn't say it is bad for digestion, I said it is difficult to digest

ExD

Haha.

I also said this;

Assuming people digest 100% of their food is flat out stupid, especially on a forum like this.

Where am I contradicting myself?

Meat is hard to digest, and sick people have poor digestion...so are you saying undigested meat doesn't putrefy in the gut? Do you even know what you're saying? Lol

Have you ever done pure carnivore? I have. Zero waste diet. Zero poop coming out, not because it's a constipation, but because it's absorbed almost completely.

they digest super easily and provide similar calories and superior nutrition

You got to be trolling. Rice is superior nutrition comparing to potato. Lol. Yep ok by weight maybe. But to be fair should be compared by amount of carbs provided. Here you go 400 grams of carbs provided by potato vs white rice.
Screenshot_20200418-201829.png Screenshot_20200418-201758.png

redsun

Where am I contradicting myself?
I took it from your own posts and put it right in plain sight one above the other in my post. I know this is using up all your brainpower, but don't expect to get away with clear contradictions and then try to paint me a fool because you didn't even realize you contradicted yourself. Take your time old man you'll get it eventually.

ExD

Have you ever done pure carnivore? I have. Zero waste diet. Zero poop coming out, not because it's a constipation, but because it's absorbed almost completely.

Almost completely?

You got to be trolling. Rice is superior nutrition comparing to potato. Lol. Yep ok by weight maybe. But to be fair should be compared by amount of carbs provided. Here you go 400 grams of carbs provided by potato vs white rice.
View attachment 17487 View attachment 17488

Yes.

Meat is hard to digest, and sick people have poor digestion...so are you saying undigested meat doesn't putrefy in the gut? Do you even know what you're saying? Lol

Meat is hard to digest sounds like claims made by Herbert Shelton 100 years ago. The same old mantra repeated by vegan and vegetarians. Debunked many times go to Reddit carnivore sub.

ExD

I took it from your own posts and put it right in plain sight one above the other in my post. I know this is using up all your brainpower, but don't expect to get away with clear contradictions and then try to paint me a fool because you didn't even realize you contradicted yourself. Take your time old man you'll get it eventually.

Don't let go matey, I told you...I'm an optimist \o/

Meat is hard to digest sounds like claims made by Herbert Shelton 100 years ago. The same old mantra repeated by vegan and vegetarians. Debunked many times go to Reddit carnivore sub.

Eat a steak and chug some milk an hr later. Let us know how it goes buddy. I hear chemistry is mostly madeup.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals