Teeth sensitivity

David PS

Boron has positive effects on testosterone and estrogen levels in men.

bornamachine

Stinging nettle raises testosterone and it is high in K1 for teeth, so there we got the thread back on track :D

"Stinging Nettle and Free Testosterone: One study found that stinging nettle was effective in protecting testosterone from being occupied by sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). In other words, it was able to increase the amount of free testosterone in the blood.

Stinging Nettle and Aromatization: The process of testosterone being turned into estrogenic compounds is called aromatization. One study suggests that stinging nettle displayed aromatization inhibitor properties. By stopping testosterone from being converted into estrogen, you naturally increase levels of available testosterone.

Stinging Nettle and 5-Alpha Reductase: The compound 5-alpha-reductase promotes the conversion of testosterone into one of two things: estrogen and dihydrotestosterone or DHT. The former can promote gyno-like symptoms such as man boobs, and the latter can make you go bald. Studies found that stinging nettle reduced levels of 5-alpha reductase and promoted higher levels of testosterone."

Thanks for the share, I'll see if a local organic store carries it in loose form and someone mentioned cat paw as well so I will try it, also for toothpaste I've been using Spry Xylitol with no issues (only issues I've had is when I tried other brands) also with toothpaste you have to make sure they use hydrated silica and never bicarbonate, those are "ok" for temp whitening and they WILL whiten your teeth but shortly after you ate scratching enamel off your teeth.

My son has pretty much perfect teeth, been to the dentist once and the dentist said "everything is good" he is now losing his milk teeth at 6 and his permanent are coming in. At some point he did get a very small cavity. My wife was doing research and ran across a product called Dr. Harry's tooth paste which is "supposed to heal teeth" they use bentonite as their base which is also ok because it doesn't scratch enamel, anyway she starts brushing and leaving some on on my son's tooth, and within a couple weeks or so that cavity solidified with enamel, still has the discoloration but it grew over with enamel, I gave a little glass jar to my mom, she's stubborn as a mule to try anything new but some time later she's like "can you bring me another?" And every half year she asks for one so it must be helping something

Another thing I'd like to point out, one of the worst oral health mistakes I've made is running across this woman I think her name was Dr. zellies or something along those lines. Anyway the xylitol is on point but she also says that a little topical fluoride is good for the enamel but not in drinking water, she says to use the most basic toothpaste and the only one that has been clinically proven to stop and reverse tooth decay I think it's trident? It's hydrated silica and sodium fluoride as active ingredient, I bought it at Walmart for like 3 bucks, it's the cheapest one they had.

No matter how many times I attempted to brush my teeth with that toothpaste I had a dry mouth all of a sudden (which is a really bad thing) same with my wife and parents after I asked them to try it. She also pushes ACT fluoride mouth wash it's alkaline with fluoride (didn't experience any negative side effects from ACT) also she advices to use Listerene prior to ACT it's acidic but act will nurtralize, didn't notice anything wierd from it, now I save the best (worst) for last, she recommends using closys, which is basically bleach that will "kill everything harmful but keep all the beneficial flora alive" now that, let me tell you, that MESSED ME UUPP, my usually nuetral breath smelled like an old mop non stop, it felt like my teeth were moving in their sockets, I kept on trying it and went through oral health hell, I stopped after two weeks of multiple attempts, I emailed her and she gave me som BS reply, I emailed her again and asked "how is it that closys will kill all the invading organisms but leave the good organisms intact?" She never replied. She touts her protocol as something that has kept her mouth in perfect condition into her 60s and she has all the credentials to back it up by being a dentists etc etc, she says she meaures her oral flora and it's filled with 900 benefitial organisms that we all need, BUT how is that closys not killing her biome as it did with me?

Some time after my mishap I got a cavity (first one in probably 9 years)

After that I returned to my Spry toothpaste and have never had issues since

I've tried several time other natural toothpastes but found that Spry keeps the plaque at near zero if brushed well twice a day

The toothbrush I use is Dr. Plotkas mouth watchers,we ve tried many brands over the years, these are the best, gentle on gums, fine, reach into cracks. Do not brush tongue as it will ruin it quickly. Usually lasts up to 3 months.

I gave some to a family member that uses the battery operated sonic tooth brush and she said she found that Plotkas reached spots that the sonic one left behind.

I've tried both Spry non fluoridated and flrodidated tooth paste, I use the non version now.

Another device that has worked well for me is the water pik, especially if you eat stringy meat and have some stuck in your teeth. Warm water from sink washes it all out nicely, I keep it on the lowest setting but strong enough to actually push debris out.

Now that ive written this novel, I recall now, my health issues had started at age of 21, before that I was healthy as a pig, all started after a dental visit and I got a deep descaling cleaning, besides that I got over radiated with the x-ray and got thyroid issues, at the same time I got my first abscess in my life and eventually opted to pull the tooth instead of getting a root canal, what was taken out was an amazingly healthy tooth, the doc had to crack it in half in order to extract because of the massive root, it looked like a white diamond inside, so strong, attached to the bottom was the dead root with a sack of the abscess, how that root died is another story and I went through hell for 3 days. So, I never floss, I only floss if something gets stuck idk, once every 2 years?
My wife is from Uganda and she says they never floss there, they use just basic fluoride toothpaste like we do here and they have strong teeth. Idk if anyone has any first hand floss experience? I've always gotten flossed as a kid going for cleaning twice a year, but I've never had a deep descaling (under the gums) until I went to a top rated dentist at 21 and got messed up.

Last edited:
Thanks for the share, I'll see if a local organic store carries it in loose form and someone mentioned cat paw as well so I will try it, also for toothpaste I've been using Spry Xylitol with no issues (only issues I've had is when I tried other brands) also with toothpaste you have to make sure they use hydrated silica and never bicarbonate, those are "ok" for temp whitening and they WILL whiten your teeth but shortly after you ate scratching enamel off your teeth.

My son has pretty much perfect teeth, been to the dentist once and the dentist said "everything is good" he is now losing his milk teeth at 6 and his permanent are coming in. At some point he did get a very small cavity. My wife was doing research and ran across a product called Dr. Harry's tooth paste which is "supposed to heal teeth" they use bentonite as their base which is also ok because it doesn't scratch enamel, anyway she starts brushing and leaving some on on my son's tooth, and within a couple weeks or so that cavity solidified with enamel, still has the discoloration but it grew over with enamel, I gave a little glass jar to my mom, she's stubborn as a mule to try anything new but some time later she's like "can you bring me another?" And every half year she asks for one so it must be helping something

Another thing I'd like to point out, one of the worst oral health mistakes I've made is running across this woman I think her name was Dr. zellies or something along those lines. Anyway the xylitol is on point but she also says that a little topical fluoride is good for the enamel but not in drinking water, she says to use the most basic toothpaste and the only one that has been clinically proven to stop and reverse tooth decay I think it's trident? It's hydrated silica and sodium fluoride as active ingredient, I bought it at Walmart for like 3 bucks, it's the cheapest one they had.

No matter how many times I attempted to brush my teeth with that toothpaste I had a dry mouth all of a sudden (which is a really bad thing) same with my wife and parents after I asked them to try it. She also pushes ACT fluoride mouth wash it's alkaline with fluoride (didn't experience any negative side effects from ACT) also she advices to use Listerene prior to ACT it's acidic but act will nurtralize, didn't notice anything wierd from it, now I save the best (worst) for last, she recommends using closys, which is basically bleach that will "kill everything harmful but keep all the beneficial flora alive" now that, let me tell you, that MESSED ME UUPP, my usually nuetral breath smelled like an old mop non stop, it felt like my teeth were moving in their sockets, I kept on trying it and went through oral health hell, I stopped after two weeks of multiple attempts, I emailed her and she gave me som BS reply, I emailed her again and asked "how is it that closys will kill all the invading organisms but leave the good organisms intact?" She never replied. She touts her protocol as something that has kept her mouth in perfect condition into her 60s and she has all the credenty to back it up by being a dentists etc etc, she says she meaures her oral flora and it's filled with 900 benefitial organisms that we all need, BUT how is that closys not killing her biome as it did with me?

I've tried several time other natural toothpastes but found that Spry keeps the plaque at near zero if brushed well twice a day

The toothbrush I use is Dr. Plotkas mouth watchers,we ve tried many brands over the years, these are the best, gentle on gums, fine, reach into cracks. Do not brush tongue as it will ruin it quickly. Usually lasts up to 3 months.

I gave some to a family member that uses the battery operated sonic tooth brush and she said she found that Plotkas reached spots that the sonic one left behind.

I've tried both Spry non fluoridated and flrodidated tooth paste, I use the non version now.
Wow you have some real tooth paste history! I have had horrible experiences with toothpaste too, flouride toothpastes especially. I woke up once with dozens of blisters in my mouth using Crest and angioedema using Arm & Hamner for kids toothpaste, with my lips swelling twice their size and my tongue swelled so big it came out of my mouth. I tried the homemade ones and Jason's flouride free ones, which has their own problems too. Now I just brush with refined coconut oil most days and baking soda, maybe twice a week.

bornamachine

Wow you have some real tooth paste history! I have had horrible experiences with toothpaste too, flouride toothpastes especially. I woke up once with dozens of blisters in my mouth using Crest and angioedema using Arm & Hamner for kids toothpaste, with my lips swelling twice their size and my tongue swelled so big it came out of my mouth. I tried the homemade ones and Jason's flouride free ones, which has their own problems too. Now I just brush with refined coconut oil most days and baking soda, maybe twice a week.
Crest, that's the one she recommends.

Try Spry, I'm sure you'll be brushing twice a day without any issues.

It's important to brush before bed because that's when things are not moving and acidity increases so upping to a minimum of brushing gently with a good toothpaste 7 days a week might benefit you.

Also soda is abrasive, if it doesn't hurt you couple times a week it might be ok. Same for salt, very hard on enamel. Hydrated silica is the way to go in my experience, I think bentonite clay is also a safe option because it's non abrasive .

freyasam

No matter how many times I attempted to brush my teeth with that toothpaste I had a dry mouth all of a sudden (which is a really bad thing) same with my wife and parents after I asked them to try it. She also pushes ACT fluoride mouth wash it's alkaline with fluoride (didn't experience any negative side effects from ACT) also she advices to use Listerene prior to ACT it's acidic but act will nurtralize, didn't notice anything wierd from it, now I save the best (worst) for last, she recommends using closys, which is basically bleach that will "kill everything harmful but keep all the beneficial flora alive" now that, let me tell you, that MESSED ME UUPP, my usually nuetral breath smelled like an old mop non stop, it felt like my teeth were moving in their sockets, I kept on trying it and went through oral health hell, I stopped after two weeks of multiple attempts, I emailed her and she gave me som BS reply, I emailed her again and asked "how is it that closys will kill all the invading organisms but leave the good organisms intact?" She never replied. She touts her protocol as something that has kept her mouth in perfect condition into her 60s and she has all the credentials to back it up by being a dentists etc etc, she says she meaures her oral flora and it's filled with 900 benefitial organisms that we all need, BUT how is that closys not killing her biome as it did with me?

Another device that has worked well for me is the water pik, especially if you eat stringy meat and have some stuck in your teeth. Warm water from sink washes it all out nicely, I keep it on the lowest setting but strong enough to actually push debris out.

Now that ive written this novel, I recall now, my health issues had started at age of 21, before that I was healthy as a pig, all started after a dental visit and I got a deep descaling cleaning, besides that I got over radiated with the x-ray and got thyroid issues, at the same time I got my first abscess in my life and eventually opted to pull the tooth instead of getting a root canal, what was taken out was an amazingly healthy tooth, the doc had to crack it in half in order to extract because of the massive root, it looked like a white diamond inside, so strong, attached to the bottom was the dead root with a sack of the abscess, how that root died is another story and I went through hell for 3 days. So, I never floss, I only floss if something gets stuck idk, once every 2 years?
My wife is from Uganda and she says they never floss there, they use just basic fluoride toothpaste like we do here and they have strong teeth. Idk if anyone has any first hand floss experience? I've always gotten flossed as a kid going for cleaning twice a year, but I've never had a deep descaling (under the gums) until I went to a top rated dentist at 21 and got messed up.
It sounds like your family members like Uncle Harry's toothpaste (I think that's what you mean instead of Dr Harry's), but you like Spry. Is there a reason you don't you use Uncle Harry's on your own teeth?

Also, Spry lists silica as an ingredient. How do you know it's hydrated silica?

I've had so many issues with cavities over the years and tooth sensitivity. It's hard to find a consensus on whether certain ingredients are beneficial or not. Some people say to avoid glycerin, which spry has.

Last edited:

bornamachine

It sounds like your family members like Uncle Harry's toothpaste (I think that's what you mean instead of Dr Harry's), but you like Spry. Is there a reason you don't you use Uncle Harry's on your own teeth?

Also, Spry lists silica as an ingredient. How do you know it's hydrated silica?

I've had so many issues with cavities over the years and tooth sensitivity. It's hard to find a consensus on whether certain ingredients are beneficial or not. Some people say to avoid glycerin, which spry has.

It's hydrated because it comes out liquid, probably powder in dry form same as bentonite clay.

Yeah it's uncle harrys you are right.

I don't mind using Harry's once in a while, it has very few ingredients idk how it heals things maybe via one of the oils or the bentonite clay? Harry's is also so potent I mix it once in a while with Spry on the toothbrush. I find that Spry works for me and all of us actually we don't go to the dentist except a few times as I've described with the closys and my wife got a cavity on her actual wisdom tooth but it's because it's so far back in there and you barely brush it she had It extracted.

I know glycerin right, I did the research a long time ago, and seems like most if not all stick it in there, also if the the toothpaste foams they use SLS, and Spry foams, Spry also has titanium dioxide, so idk, I think what it has going for it is the hydrated silica and the xylitol that keeps the bad bugs at bay plus the mint oils etc, it's pretty simple which might also be a good thing.

If you never tried Spry before, I recommend it.

We used dessert essence before and I actually bought a tube at the store by accident, so I tried it again, def didn't compare I felt a thick layer of plaque on my teeth

Teeth are somrwhat of a complicated two fold topic since you have machenical brushing, biome, nutrients, and nutrient exchange

One thing I would say is that If you have sensitive teeth check out that you have hydrated silica (no sodium, no sodium bicarbonate) that stuff will scratch your enamel off and then check that you low on phytic acid food especially oat meal (such as in my case) the once you have that that squared away, make sure you are eating a little cheese every day and maybe some milk if you can have it.

At that point, abrasives gone, phytic thieves gone, minerals coming in, you should see your sensitivity start to go down as your enamel hardens

Crest, that's the one she recommends.

Try Spry, I'm sure you'll be brushing twice a day without any issues.

It's important to brush before bed because that's when things are not moving and acidity increases so upping to a minimum of brushing gently with a good toothpaste 7 days a week might benefit you.

Also soda is abrasive, if it doesn't hurt you couple times a week it might be ok. Same for salt, very hard on enamel. Hydrated silica is the way to go in my experience, I think bentonite clay is also a safe option because it's non abrasive .
It was Crest Pro Health, to be exact, that I used that gave me the blisters. I like my coconut oil brushing, but I will get some of your Spry for my household. Thanks bornamachine!

cascara

I have also seen that glycerin in toothpaste prevents the remineralization of teeth. It is found in most "natural" toothpastes.

The Spry non-flouride toothpaste has glycerin, and I am not thinking titanim oxide is a good thing either is it?

Attachments

• 20220104_104711.jpg
    20220104_104711.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220104_104750.jpg
    20220104_104750.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 4

freyasam

So the potentially problematic ingredients include glycerin, SLS, carrageenan, fluoride, xanthum gum, and baking soda and salt because they might be too abrasive. And I read that bentonite clay contains lead. That pretty much rules out every product except straight coconut oil. I think my teeth need more help than that, unfortunately.

So the potentially problematic ingredients include glycerin, SLS, carrageenan, fluoride, xanthum gum, and baking soda and salt because they might be too abrasive. And I read that bentonite clay contains lead. That pretty much rules out every product except straight coconut oil. I think my teeth need more help than that, unfortunately.
Oil pulling is the best thing for teeth and gums. Have you tried that?

bornamachine

Yes all those things "can be" problematic, I've used spry for over 6 years straight now and we don't have issue, my teeth are good, I've gone to see a dentist once for a cavity but that was brought on by crest and closys experiment

I gave a tube of spry to my cousin and she is using it along with her husband and children with no issues, they like it. They are down one tube so far.

bornamachine

The Spry non-flouride toothpaste has glycerin, and I am not thinking titanim oxide is a good thing either is it?
Yeah I mentioned that it has those ingredients but most if not all natural ones do, I haven't had issues with Spry, it's also the cheapest cost per ounce from what I've seen

L

LauriePartridge

I have the worst teeth sensitivity. Hot, cold, sugary, all make it extremely painful. I take vitamin D and vitamin K but don't ever see any improvement.
I had the same problem too until I cut back on oxalates and made sure to have lots of calcium from milk.

calcium calcium calcium. my teeth went from transparent ( vegan ) to smooth and thick and healthy with diary

cascara

The next toothpaste i would like to tryis the redmond earth paste. anyone have any experience with that? it's also pretty cost effective

gallahad

i
I have the worst teeth sensitivity. Hot, cold, sugary, all make it extremely painful. I take vitamin D and vitamin K but don't ever see any improvement.
What kind of k2 do you use? I've had good results with the mk4 variant, hold it in your mouth for a while before swallow.
How does your diet look like? Any acidic foods? How is your calcium intake - do you eat calcium that you can digest? Without calcium - vit k has nothing to "build"..
Ever wondered why "most" dutch people have such strong teeth...

I've observed more and more over the years, that teeth are best taken care of with nutrition. I believe more and more that toothpaste is not that important as we were made to believe... for oral hygiene the best investment i've made so far was to get one of those waterpiks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals