Deteriorating Dental Health

sunny

Funny you mention this. I was looking at that very supplement, thinking of doing just that. I'm not certain what the consistency of magnesium stearate is like, but that could be a factor in how well this powder is brushable. I've opened other capsules for mixing, that had rice flour, and the rice flour did not mix well at all. I'm guessing magnesium stearate may be more dissoluble. I may try this, and if it's not good for brushing I'll just add it to my mouth wash.
So I got the hydroxyapatite. I have been emptying a capsule in mouth and letting it sit for awhile. Has anyone used it as a calcium supplement? The reviews on Amazon talk about it being great for bone health.

Mossy

So I got the hydroxyapatite. I have been emptying a capsule in mouth and letting it sit for awhile. Has anyone used it as a calcium supplement? The reviews on Amazon talk about it being great for bone health.
I have not tried it yet, as I'm I'm testing another supplement currently. But, I hope to soon.

P.S. It would seem that supplementing with it, versus brushing, would produce a better result. But this is a guess from a non-scientist.

L_C

I have been doing the same with Pure Encapsulation Calcium (MCHA) supplement.

I think it's a good way of remineralizing the teeth. Even though I don't see any visual changes, I feel my teeth are getting stronger.

sunny

I have not tried it yet, as I'm I'm testing another supplement currently. But, I hope to soon.

P.S. It would seem that supplementing with it, versus brushing, would produce a better result. But this is a guess from a non-scientist.
I would think so also, but thought it couldn't hurt as people talk about the toothpaste with it in it being helpful.

As for supplementing, many reviews are great, but there is the following one that makes me hesitant and want to read more about it. ..

Amazon review:
WARNING! CHECK THE SIDE EFFECTS!
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on January 15, 2021

I have been taking this for nearly 3 weeks. My hip joints locked up and I'very had neck pain and of course, I thought it was rheumatoid arthritis! Being suspicious, I looked up the side effects and I found my answers on the Mayo Clinic website. Hydroxyapatite causes crystals to form in the joints and tendons. This will be the 2nd day without taking it. I'm feeling a little better."

So, I want to read more before supplementation.

Mossy

I would think so also, but thought it couldn't hurt as people talk about the toothpaste with it in it being helpful.

As for supplementing, many reviews are great, but there is the following one that makes me hesitant and want to read more about it. ..

Amazon review:

I have been taking this for nearly 3 weeks. My hip joints locked up and I'very had neck pain and of course, I thought it was rheumatoid arthritis! Being suspicious, I looked up the side effects and I found my answers on the Mayo Clinic website. Hydroxyapatite causes crystals to form in the joints and tendons. This will be the 2nd day without taking it. I'm feeling a little better."

I did read that exact review. I would guess some co-factors were missing, e.g. calcium, vitamin D, vitamin A, K2, magnesium, potassium, etc. My reasoning is if I get that type of side effect, I'll just go to using it directly on the teeth.

Mossy

I have been doing the same with Pure Encapsulation Calcium (MCHA) supplement.

I think it's a good way of remineralizing the teeth. Even though I don't see any visual changes, I feel my teeth are getting stronger.
Are you oppossed to supplementing with it, versus just applying to teeth? I'm just curious of how people are planning on using it.

L_C

Are you oppossed to supplementing with it, versus just applying to teeth? I'm just curious of how people are planning on using it.
I'm not opposed to supplementing with it. Even though I put it on my teeth, eventually it ends up in my stomach anyway. I don't spit it out.

L_C

Amazon review:

I'm wondering if the issues the reviewer had are due to lack of vitamin D and K while taking calcium.

yerrag

I'm wondering if the issues the reviewer had are due to lack of vitamin D and K while taking calcium.
It's hard to prove.

I don't have such a concern with Dr. Manhart's mouthwash and toothbrush. The amount of calcium and zinc in his products is very much diluted. The mouthwash is mainly water with a very dilute amount of calcium and zinc from a dried film that gets eroded by water sitting for 6 hours before it is used. And that solution is used up in 2 weeks before another solution is made.

The toothbrush has a calcium zinc coating at its back, which with brushing gets eroded by its touching the buccal tissues. The rate of erosion is so slow that the amount of calcium and zinc is infinitesimal but enough to make a difference in oral health. I suspect the calcium to be calcium hydroxyapatite, and if so, the amount used would hardly cause internal issues.

I don't know enough about the toothpaste to make further comments.

My routine which has worked is first using a Waterpik to remove debris, then use mouthwash while taking a shower (so I'm not tempted to cut short the time for mouth washing), followed by a long brushing of teerh, using Doc Manhart's products. No, he doesn't sell Waterpiks and advises against it but I didn't follow that part as I often have meet lodged between teeth.

I began using his products and I already was having periodontal issues, and I had a loose tooth and a gingival abscess.

Using his products I wasn't successful in getting rid of the abscess and I experimented following that routine I described with a mouthwash of 150mg SSKI in it.

The gingival abscess won't go away. It went away by happenstance when I began to take tetracycline to deal with my high bp. The high bp didn't go away, but the gingival abscess did.

So I continued on with my oral hygiene routine of Manhart's and SSKI. It was fine until I got lazy and dropped SSKI and the gingival abscess reappeared. So I got back to using Manhart's plus SSKI.

Its been more than a year since, and my loose lower premolar is no longer loose, and no gingival abscess coming back. It has been 2 years I haven't seen my dentist for any cleaning, as my teeth don't have plaque thanks to earlier eliminating endotoxins from my gut.

I thank @Jam for introducing me to SSKI, and Dr. Manhart for his elegant solution to oral health, and Ray Peat for him connecting the dots of endotoxins being the cause of heavy plaquing and for his ideas on calcium intake to be something not to be avoided, in contrast to the opinions of some noted doctors such as Carolyn Dean and Dr. Levy, both of whom advocate low calcium.

Connect all the dots, don't just follow experts, and oral health will not be the only thing that improves.

L_C

It's hard to prove.

I don't have such a concern with Dr. Manhart's mouthwash and toothbrush. The amount of calcium and zinc in his products is very much diluted. The mouthwash is mainly water with a very dilute amount of calcium and zinc from a dried film that gets eroded by water sitting for 6 hours before it is used. And that solution is used up in 2 weeks before another solution is made.

The toothbrush has a calcium zinc coating at its back, which with brushing gets eroded by its touching the buccal tissues. The rate of erosion is so slow that the amount of calcium and zinc is infinitesimal but enough to make a difference in oral health. I suspect the calcium to be calcium hydroxyapatite, and if so, the amount used would hardly cause internal issues.

I don't know enough about the toothpaste to make further comments.

My routine which has worked is first using a Waterpik to remove debris, then use mouthwash while taking a shower (so I'm not tempted to cut short the time for mouth washing), followed by a long brushing of teerh, using Doc Manhart's products. No, he doesn't sell Waterpiks and advises against it but I didn't follow that part as I often have meet lodged between teeth.

I began using his products and I already was having periodontal issues, and I had a loose tooth and a gingival abscess.

Using his products I wasn't successful in getting rid of the abscess and I experimented following that routine I described with a mouthwash of 150mg SSKI in it.

The gingival abscess won't go away. It went away by happenstance when I began to take tetracycline to deal with my high bp. The high bp didn't go away, but the gingival abscess did.

So I continued on with my oral hygiene routine of Manhart's and SSKI. It was fine until I got lazy and dropped SSKI and the gingival abscess reappeared. So I got back to using Manhart's plus SSKI.

Its been more than a year since, and my loose lower premolar is no longer loose, and no gingival abscess coming back. It has been 2 years I haven't seen my dentist for any cleaning, as my teeth don't have plaque thanks to earlier eliminating endotoxins from my gut.

I thank @Jam for introducing me to SSKI, and Dr. Manhart for his elegant solution to oral health, and Ray Peat for him connecting the dots of endotoxins being the cause of heavy plaquing and for his ideas on calcium intake to be something not to be avoided, in contrast to the opinions of some noted doctors such as Carolyn Dean and Dr. Levy, both of whom advocate low calcium.

Connect all the dots, don't just follow experts, and oral health will not be the only thing that improves.
Nice story. What did you use for endotoxin removal?

yerrag

Nice story. What did you use for endotoxin removal?
It came slowly without a plan.

I became conscious of the myth of soluble fibers being good for bowel transit. What drives peristalsis should be having enough magnesium stores instead of relying on serotonin. And high soluble fiber intake is what I grew up on. As well as low magnesium intake.

And I had good bowel movement, and still do. But I would reason out that along with high gut serotonin, I would also have high endotoxin production. But I was thinking then that the endotoxins would be translocating to my internal system,and perhaps causing my high blood pressure.

But my high bp stayed high, and in time, with other help, my oral plaque production declined. It wasn't easy to note the change though as it took along time.

I think I began to notice a change in my gut flora when I began to have ghost wipes, and my poop no longer smelled really bad. In fact, I tried to detect a foul smell, but couldn't, and my sense of smell stayed the same. And this is for someone who doesn't complain of gut issues at all. I had only one instance of vomit my whole life, from drinking foul water on a trip.

Some time later, I began to notice that my oral plaque factory ceased operations. I used my fingernails to mine for more, but it has become fallow.

Two things I did helped also.

One was I began to take therapeutic magnesium supplementation- mainly magnesium bicarbonate (just because I made my own sodastream-like device and it cost money and I had to recoup my investment, but other forms of magnesium would be fine like magnesium carbonate; I didn't care for the chelates as they're too expensive; and mag chloride, while cheap, is way too much of an acidic load to take daily for a year). This took some planning as I had to be on mag supp for a while before I began to stop taking soluble fibers in fruits. Remember that without mag stores, peristalsis would not be easy without a lot of serotonin. And without either, constipation would result.

The other involves me taking biofilm busters together with antibacterials, which at that time happenes to be about 15 weeks of antibiotics (note that I preferred using natural antibiotics, but I was desperate to lower by bp and I took 2 weeks of doxycycline at 100mg per day, followed my co-amoxiclav for 5 weeks, forget the dosage, and 7 weeks of azithromycin, forgot the dosage - check my previous posts if interested). What the combo of biofilm busters and antibiotics did was to reduce the population of anaerobes that have symbiotic colonies along the long gut walls of the intestines. These anaerobes are often the beneficiaries of antibiotic intake, as they survive the antibiotics which aerobes do not, given that they hide behind the anaerobic or anoxic conditions created by biofilms. Eventually, there is imbalance in the gut flora.

Some biofilm busters are emodin, a substance in rhubarb ( can't remember the name), pro-anthocyanins such as found in herbs cascara sagrada, rhubarb, ceylon cinnamon, as well as chemicals such as coper acetate, colloidal silver; and chitosan, and even proteolytic enzymes. There are a lot more of them, and I find using them together doesn't hurt but even helps as it give them multi-modal action. But YMMV so do your experimentation with caution and patience. Always 2 steps forward and only 1 step back.

Some natural antibacterials to consider are chopped or grated mature coconut flesh (to ensure delivery of coconut oil to the large intestines instead of it being intercepted by the small intestine) and alkaline MMS (dilute sodium chlorite) as well as some of the biofilm busters I mentioned which double up as antibacterials such as colloidal silver and copper acetate.

One thing I've learned is to recognize signs of healing that appear to be bad. Healing can be stressful and may be even make you sicker. And a sick person may not be able to handle the healing process well. So heeding the advice of healers to prepare the body for what is to come is always good. Do not out of impatience rush headlong into something and think you will cross the bridge when you get there, as the foolish saying goes. Have a strategic mind instead of winging things.

That said, diarrhea is part of the healing process when it comes to the gut. Dont stop at the first sign of diarrhea. A lot of endotoxins will be generated from dead anaerobes. The body will reject the gut stew, and bowels won't be solid as a result. Take a break. Have activated charcoal on hand and use itm It will adsorb the endotoxins and this will help make your bowels solid again. Then resume with what youre doing.

If diarrhea isn't happening as yougo through this process, either you have a clean gut or your gut is leaking endotoxins into your internal system.

I'm pretty sure this is by no means complete. I would be hard pressed to give guidance on dosage. That is the problem with natural cures that require some old hand with experience.

Don

Every time I rinse with xylitol I get tooth pain on one particular tooth.
I experience this as well and it can be several teeth. for sure not for me. I wonder if corn xylitol is different that birch and are they even labelled with the source.

freyasam

I experience this as well and it can be several teeth. for sure not for me. I wonder if corn xylitol is different that birch and are they even labelled with the source.
The xylitol I've used is from birch, non-gmo.

L_C

I am wondering if deteriorating dental health is also not due to vitamin A toxicity.

GreekDemiGod

My dental health has been deteriorating before peating too, but eating a lot of sugar, fruit, and acidic drinks no doubt accelerated the deterioration. Whoever says that sugar is harmless is a lunatic.

L_C

Could you elaborate a bit on the connection?
Well, this is just me thinking out loud...excess vitamin A causes bone loss and bone pain (which personally sometimes I do have). Then, if vitamin A can cause bone loss, teeth would be number one place to see it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals