Deteriorating Dental Health

RobertMichael

1-2 years ago I foolishly stopped cleaning my teeth for some time. During this period my teeth began deteriorating (demineralization, enamel erosion, etc.)

I'm familiar with vitamin D, K, calcium, and coconut oil swishing. Any testimonials of restoring the dental health? I drink tons of dairy, some orange juice, some fruit, occasional liver. Used to consume muscle meats but I've been cutting back on that. I know Peat has said that the quality of saliva will determine the dental health, but I don't know where to start.

JamesGatz

This is what I do:

Oil Pull 10 minutes before bed with Coconut oil (this helps kill the bacteria/plaque on your teeth and clear/loosen the sugar coating thats harder to take off

Then you can take a toothbrush and just a little water and use it to scrub off the rest of the coating/plaque

Your body needs time where it is not under stress to heal your teeth - so for example if you abuse your teeth all day then go to sleep on a polyester matteess - it never has time to recover - I would say try to spend some time grounding each day (this makes my teeth rock solid) and try to make your sleep less stressful so that your body can recover (Sleeping on wool or sleeping on the floor on a wool comforter)

If you notice your teeth become ROCK SOLID when you are doing something healthy (grounding, getting sunlight, etc) and become thinner/weaker when not (such as being on a computer) - You want to emphasize your time not being under stress

Another thing is - there are things that OBLITERATE teeth health - I eat candy all the time fine but soda ANNIHILATES my teeth health no matter what I do so I stopped drinking soda as often and when I do I'm careful to ensure it doesn't make contact with my teeth

Animals in the wild don't brush their teeth but have nice teeth so it is a great example of what the right environment can do for you

Phaedrus

Here’s my remineralization protocol that’s worked for me in reducing the translucence I had started to notice in my teeth (they are now whiter and healthier looking as a result):

1. Brushing twice a day with a toothpaste containing hydroxyapatite, a fluoride alternative used widely in Japan and other countries
2. Chewing gum containing Recaldent, a special casein protein which studies suggest can help remineralize teeth
3. Shining red light on teeth for a few minutes every couple of days
4. Rinsing mouth out (after drinking OJ or Coke) with homemade powder made of baking soda, xylitol, and bromelain powder (the latter mostly for whitening).
5. Calcium, calcium, calcium. Lots of milk and cheese, which sounds like you’re doing. I also supplement with eggshell calcium as well as vitamins D and K2.

Summer

Great suggestions above. Also want to add that you should at the very least brush or floss after eating any foods high in phytic acid like grains.

L_C

Here’s my remineralization protocol that’s worked for me in reducing the translucence I had started to notice in my teeth (they are now whiter and healthier looking as a result):

1. Brushing twice a day with a toothpaste containing hydroxyapatite, a fluoride alternative used widely in Japan and other countries
2. Chewing gum containing Recaldent, a special casein protein which studies suggest can help remineralize teeth
4. Rinsing mouth out (after drinking OJ or Coke) with homemade powder made of baking soda, xylitol, and bromelain powder (the latter mostly for whitening).
5. Calcium, calcium, calcium. Lots of milk and cheese, which sounds like you’re doing. I also supplement with eggshell calcium as well as vitamins D and K2.
What brand of Recaldent chewing gum do you buy?

souperhuman

Oddly enough I have found that consuming foods high in vitamin C to be beneficial to my oral health despite them being acidic. I usually shoot for anywhere from 2-300 mg per day in the form of lemonade or kiwis. That, in addition to occasional gelatin has kept my teeth sensitivities at bay.

Phaedrus

Can we get that in the sates?
I live in the US and find it on Amazon, yes. Search “recaldent chewing gum” and you’ll find that brand and a couple other options, in addition to toothpaste. I believe they’re all brands exported from Japan or Australia though.

Saliva is nothing more than a buffer against the effects of acid erosion and mitigating acid erosion does not form new apatite crystals from the minerals in saliva. I know this is most peoples operating theory when it comes to remineralisation(i guess Peats too)but it's actually never been shown to work that way. When most companies market products for "remineralisation" what they really mean is reduced tooth sensitivity by filling in micro tubules in teeth to prevent ingress of bacteria from getting to the pulp. They achieve this with a bunch of artificial forms of fillers like the Novamin stuff in Sensodyne toothpaste which is a sort of bioengineered glass which can fill in these tubules, or Micro Crystalline Nano Hydroxyapatite of either calcium or zinc which show pretty weak binding properties to dentin, but are decent if your issue is related to tooth sensitivity

Speaking as somebody who has actually achieved some remineralisation i think the saliva thing is a complete waste of time and focus as is focussing on calcium. Calcium has a lot of benefits and should be an important factor in your nutrition, but teeth isn't one of them

OP
RobertMichael

RobertMichael

Saliva is nothing more than a buffer against the effects of acid erosion and mitigating acid erosion does not form new apatite crystals from the minerals in saliva. I know this is most peoples operating theory when it comes to remineralisation(i guess Peats too)but it's actually never been shown to work that way. When most companies market products for "remineralisation" what they really mean is reduced tooth sensitivity by filling in micro tubules in teeth to prevent ingress of bacteria from getting to the pulp. They achieve this with a bunch of artificial forms of fillers like the Novamin stuff in Sensodyne toothpaste which is a sort of bioengineered glass which can fill in these tubules, or Micro Crystalline Nano Hydroxyapatite of either calcium or zinc which show pretty weak binding properties to dentin, but are decent if your issue is related to tooth sensitivity

Speaking as somebody who has actually achieved some remineralisation i think the saliva thing is a complete waste of time and focus as is focussing on calcium. Calcium has a lot of benefits and should be an important factor in your nutrition, but teeth isn't one of them
If you don't mind, what would you recommend, then?

sunny

What is the toothpaste called that you purchase?

InChristAlone

If the cavities are more than just tiny spots (and sometimes a tiny spot turns into a hole you can't see and your entire dentin rots out beneath the enamel-happened to me), then please get the cavities filled. I was lied to by WAPF type people that it is fine to not take care of cavities as long as you are maintaining good oral health and nutrition. I am about to lose another tooth. I've lost 3 already and have had many more cavities. See a dentist!

Sitaruîm

So what is it that worked for your remineralization?

Tilly-J

If the cavities are more than just tiny spots (and sometimes a tiny spot turns into a hole you can't see and your entire dentin rots out beneath the enamel-happened to me), then please get the cavities filled. I was lied to by WAPF type people that it is fine to not take care of cavities as long as you are maintaining good oral health and nutrition. I am about to lose another tooth. I've lost 3 already and have had many more cavities. See a dentist!
Thank you for this advice. My oral health is deteriorating very fast (teeth and gums). I wonder if you have a theory as to why your teeth have not been as robust as you would like. It is hard to know where to look for answers when one is not sure of a cause.

freyasam

Ray says you don't need xrays because a good dentist should be able to find cavities with their eyes, but dentists say xrays are needed to find cavities below the surface or that cant be seen. IDK who's right and the whole xray thing is an added layer of stress to dental visits for me bc who to believe?

Everyone thinks they know best about dental issues, like every other topic, but it's frustrating following their advice when it backfires.

InChristAlone

Ray says you don't need xrays because a good dentist should be able to find cavities with their eyes, but dentists say xrays are needed to find cavities below the surface or that cant be seen. IDK who's right and the whole xray thing is an added layer of stress to dental visits for me bc who to believe?

Everyone thinks they know best about dental issues, like every other topic, but it's frustrating following their advice when it backfires.
Due to my extreme skepticism of dental work I've had to get far more x-rays just to have the necessary dental work due to being so skeptical! So I think the occasional x-ray to make sure the tiny spots aren't forming huge holes beneath your enamel are necessary. I feel like a stupid fool! All of the major work I've needed could have been taken care of easily with far less pain and suffering before they turned into major problems.

I have recommended SDF to people who refuse to go to dentists but it has to be done every 6 months and it's not a guarantee you won't lose the tooth, it just buys more time from when the enamel weakens to when it becomes cracked or abscessed. I'd say it takes about 10 yrs from the time a spot forms, the SDF may lengthen that time a few yrs. But eventually it will crack or become compromised. I now believe in fillings. The best would be treat the cavity with SDF then you don't need to drill out as much dentin and then fill with glass isomer inlays. Most dentists just drill out and use composites which will eventually need replacing. It is better than doing nothing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals