Teeth sensitivity

freyasam

fyi I started a thread to discuss glycerin and dental health

freyasam

It's hydrated because it comes out liquid, probably powder in dry form same as bentonite clay.

Yeah it's uncle harrys you are right.

I don't mind using Harry's once in a while, it has very few ingredients idk how it heals things maybe via one of the oils or the bentonite clay? Harry's is also so potent I mix it once in a while with Spry on the toothbrush. I find that Spry works for me and all of us actually we don't go to the dentist except a few times as I've described with the closys and my wife got a cavity on her actual wisdom tooth but it's because it's so far back in there and you barely brush it she had It extracted.

I know glycerin right, I did the research a long time ago, and seems like most if not all stick it in there, also if the the toothpaste foams they use SLS, and Spry foams, Spry also has titanium dioxide, so idk, I think what it has going for it is the hydrated silica and the xylitol that keeps the bad bugs at bay plus the mint oils etc, it's pretty simple which might also be a good thing.

If you never tried Spry before, I recommend it.

We used dessert essence before and I actually bought a tube at the store by accident, so I tried it again, def didn't compare I felt a thick layer of plaque on my teeth

Teeth are somrwhat of a complicated two fold topic since you have machenical brushing, biome, nutrients, and nutrient exchange

One thing I would say is that If you have sensitive teeth check out that you have hydrated silica (no sodium, no sodium bicarbonate) that stuff will scratch your enamel off and then check that you low on phytic acid food especially oat meal (such as in my case) the once you have that that squared away, make sure you are eating a little cheese every day and maybe some milk if you can have it.

At that point, abrasives gone, phytic thieves gone, minerals coming in, you should see your sensitivity start to go down as your enamel hardens
Thank you for this info!

So do certain products use silica, while others use hydrated silica? Do we need to specifically look for hydrated silica?

Spry toothpaste just list silica as the ingredient.

I wonder if the silica in Spry is different from the silica in other toothpastes.

artist

My teeth hurt really bad when my histamine levels get too high. It always makes me think I have a cavity and then I never do.

bornamachine

Thank you for this info!

So do certain products use silica, while others use hydrated silica? Do we need to specifically look for hydrated silica?

Spry toothpaste just list silica as the ingredient.

I wonder if the silica in Spry is different from the silica in other toothpastes.

I think it's just wording because the moment you mix silica or clay with water it's hydrated and the moment you remove moisture and return it back into dry powder its no longer hydrated. I'm no expert on this though.

I don't think spry gets anything other then silica, the same silica used in all the other toothpastes.

Have you tried Spry yet? I'm feeling like a salesman here but I'm genuinely trying to share a good product as well as those Plotkas tooth brushes I recommend earlier, just don't brush your tongue with them bcs it reduces their useful life, I usually cycle 2 brushes when my old plotka becomes my tongue brush, I just keep on rotating colors same color also works bcs you can obviously see the diff between a new brush and the old one, you feel it too.
My teeth hurt really bad when my histamine levels get too high. It always makes me think I have a cavity and then I never do.

Interesting, how do you know your histamine is getting high?

freyasam

I think it's just wording because the moment you mix silica or clay with water it's hydrated and the moment you remove moisture and return it back into dry powder its no longer hydrated. I'm no expert on this though.

I don't think spry gets anything other then silica, the same silica used in all the other toothpastes.

Have you tried Spry yet? I'm feeling like a salesman here but I'm genuinely trying to share a good product as well as those Plotkas tooth brushes I recommend earlier, just don't brush your tongue with them bcs it reduces their useful life, I usually cycle 2 brushes when my old plotka becomes my tongue brush, I just keep on rotating colors same color also works bcs you can obviously see the diff between a new brush and the old one, you feel it too.

Thank you, I will probably give it a try soon.

Those toothbrushes look interesting because apparently the silver disinfects the toothbrush. But I have super sensitive gums and can only use extremely soft brushes. I've only found one brand that's soft enough. The reviews for the plotkas toothbrush say they are harder than most soft brushes.

artist

I have a number of symptoms that I get from eating too much dietary histamine since I have a hard time breaking it down and have high baseline levels. If you don’t have issues with high histamine generally it might not apply.