Teeth sensitivity

iLoveSugar

I have the worst teeth sensitivity. Hot, cold, sugary, all make it extremely painful. I take vitamin D and vitamin K but don't ever see any improvement.

I have the worst teeth sensitivity. Hot, cold, sugary, all make it extremely painful. I take vitamin D and vitamin K but don't ever see any improvement.
I get that too when I eat bread, and oats especially. When my teeth sensitive like that, a spoonful of honey makes me hit the roof. Ray Peat says it is gut related. Mine goes away when I clean up my diet. I am currently happily eating honey without issue.

"Even traces of allergens in foods or supplements can do that [CONGESTION/STUFFED UP NOSE], and depending on the intestinal transit time, a single dose of an allergen can keep producing congestion for days."

"It usually takes several days for the digestive system to adjust, with changes in the intestinal rhythm for example, and during that time things like headache and tooth sensitivity can increase. Increased calcium and fiber (raw carrots or boiled bamboo shoots, for example) can help." -Ray Peat

peateats1

I just started taking vitamin D recently and went from having zero tooth pain/sensitivity to having it a lot.

Sumbody

I had very sensitive teeth when my gum disease was at its worst. Harmful bacteria will feed upon bone and gum tissue. I started the Dr. Elle protocol several years ago and started getting regular dental cleanings and my teeth and gums feel better than ever. I have not had any sensitivity issues since.

Not sure if that is your issue or not but I would also say you could try consuming more D, K, Magnesium, Calcium, and Boron to help with remineralization.

Don

You can try oil pulling with coconut oil for 5-15 minutes 2-3 x a day. others on here have said it helped a lot. i am experimenting with it.

You can try oil pulling with coconut oil for 5-15 minutes 2-3 x a day. others on here have said it helped a lot. i am experimenting with it.
I forgot about that one! Oil pulling works quick on sensitive teeth.

Phosphor

What totally fixed that for me was chlorine dioxide. Get the two things you have to mix, and make a mouthwash with one drop (directions are same as MMS.) I used this daily and my tooth sensitivity went away, indicating it was a bacterial problem. I haven't needed it ever since, and it's been many years. I used citric acid as the activator. Not sure where you get these now but I think I've seen them on Etsy.

Oil pulling makes me gag; can't do it.

bornamachine

Oatmeal once daily in milk gave translucent and sensitive teeth, stopping revered back to normal

Oatmeal once daily in milk gave translucent and sensitive teeth, stopping revered back to normal
Oh yeah same here. I make oat chocolate chip cookies and I get really sensitive teeth eating them. I don't have that problem with wheat or rice.

"So, the risk of teeth decay in the context of oatmeal depends on the amount of phytic acid in it. What are the Other Sources of Phytic Acid? Not only the oatmeal but almost all the grains, seeds, nuts, and legumes contain phytic acid. So, too much consumption of these will not help you have excellent oral health."

bornamachine

Oh yeah same here. I make oat chocolate chip cookies and I get really sensitive teeth eating them. I don't have that problem with wheat or rice.

"So, the risk of teeth decay in the context of oatmeal depends on the amount of phytic acid in it. What are the Other Sources of Phytic Acid? Not only the oatmeal but almost all the grains, seeds, nuts, and legumes contain phytic acid. So, too much consumption of these will not help you have excellent oral health."

Seems like oatmeal has a ton of it. Everyone is different, my foreman eats oatmeal twice a day yet he is on near zero fat diet and does get a root canal every now and again.

My son also got translucent teeth by getting oatmeal like 5 times a week he was 4 at the time. Stopping made his teeth strong again.

I've read a story before about back in the day a Russian general type guy during the Szar era, something like 6' 8", very strong humble warrior that at some point reverted to "simpler way of eating" consisting largely of oatmeal while the "brutes feasted on animal flesh" anyway at some point closer to death he became very frail and could not get warm, you also have to consider that he was built like a tank with a lifetime of good nutrition so it would take a while for someone like that to deplete

Seems like oatmeal has a ton of it. Everyone is different, my foreman eats oatmeal twice a day yet he is on near zero fat diet and does get a root canal every now and again.

My son also got translucent teeth by getting oatmeal like 5 times a week he was 4 at the time. Stopping made his teeth strong again.

I've read a story before about back in the day a Russian general type guy during the Szar era, something like 6' 8", very strong humble warrior that at some point reverted to "simpler way of eating" consisting largely of oatmeal while the "brutes feasted on animal flesh" anyway at some point closer to death he became very frail and could not get warm, you also have to consider that he was built like a tank with a lifetime of good nutrition so it would take a while for someone like that to deplete
That is interesting. Oats have anti-nutrients, taking minerals out of the body, so I could see getting frail and sickly eating a lot of them. When I was on the Blood Type diet I ate oats and black beans often and I had transparent teeth. You could see the roots. Dropping the oats and beans five years ago when I started "Peating" and upping my dairy restored them to white again.

bornamachine

That is interesting. Oats have anti-nutrients, taking minerals out of the body, so I could see getting frail and sickly eating a lot of them. When I was on the Blood Type diet I ate oats and black beans often and I had transparent teeth. You could see the roots. Dropping the oats and beans five years ago when I started "Peating" and upping my dairy restored them to white again.
Yeah that's pretty amazing, Ive found same in myself. For a period of 3 weeks or so I binged on canned beans and it absolutely spiked my estrogen, grew some nice man boobs, ofcourse I discontinued after I realized what was happening, same happened when I had a Halloween candy binge from Costco, mostly trash chocolates such as Snickers etc, and same effect, that time it was the soy lecithin.

Now... Does anyone know of a good safe supplement or better yet food that has the same hard hitting effect to raise the testosterone? Seems like it's impossible to get rid of this estrogen!... :/

(Don't mean to hijack your thread, will delete if you want, just wondering if anyone know of the opposite potion)

Mauritio

I recently increased vitamin k intake ,and that seemed to increase my teeth sensitivity, eventhough I thought it would do the opposite. Maybe I need more calcium...

Yeah that's pretty amazing, Ive found same in myself. For a period of 3 weeks or so I binged on canned beans and it absolutely spiked my estrogen, grew some nice man boobs, ofcourse I discontinued after I realized what was happening, same happened when I had a Halloween candy binge from Costco, mostly trash chocolates such as Snickers etc, and same effect, that time it was the soy lecithin.

Now... Does anyone know of a good safe supplement or better yet food that has the same hard hitting effect to raise the testosterone? Seems like it's impossible to get rid of this estrogen!... :/

(Don't mean to hijack your thread, will delete if you want, just wondering if anyone know of the opposite potion)
Stinging nettle raises testosterone and it is high in K1 for teeth, so there we got the thread back on track :D

"Stinging Nettle and Free Testosterone: One study found that stinging nettle was effective in protecting testosterone from being occupied by sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). In other words, it was able to increase the amount of free testosterone in the blood.

Stinging Nettle and Aromatization: The process of testosterone being turned into estrogenic compounds is called aromatization. One study suggests that stinging nettle displayed aromatization inhibitor properties. By stopping testosterone from being converted into estrogen, you naturally increase levels of available testosterone.

Stinging Nettle and 5-Alpha Reductase: The compound 5-alpha-reductase promotes the conversion of testosterone into one of two things: estrogen and dihydrotestosterone or DHT. The former can promote gyno-like symptoms such as man boobs, and the latter can make you go bald. Studies found that stinging nettle reduced levels of 5-alpha reductase and promoted higher levels of testosterone."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals