Teenage acne

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
My 16 yr old son is experiencing severe acne. The pimples are very small. He is fair skinned so the scars are very noticeable. Chocolate, dairy, and red meat all seem to make it worse. Up until 6 months ago, he ate red meat often and never had an issue. He is considering using accutane. I’m concerned about the side effects.
Any help is appreciated.

My 16 yr old son is experiencing severe acne. The pimples are very small. He is fair skinned so the scars are very noticeable. Chocolate, dairy, and red meat all seem to make it worse. Up until 6 months ago, he ate red meat often and never had an issue. He is considering using accutane. I’m concerned about the side effects.
Any help is appreciated.
Both of my teenage son’s had acne. My oldest son got it really bad. We did the dermatology route, but it really didn’t help. What really helped was to not take hot baths and showers, but rather a warm shower and at the end of it do a very cold rinse on the acne areas, to stop the sweating that occurs after the shower, which compounds the issue. Don’t use toners and creams either, because they put the skin off balance. This one is hard to do, but wash the skin only once a day, preferably at night for us. Washing the skin just gets the oils going again, when the skin needs to calm down. Most cleansers can aggravate the issue, but this one we use has been “It”, and worked for others I recommended it to.

1695650455969.jpeg

HumanLife

If he is going to take accutane he may as well start off with eating liver first.

Does he eat spicy food? Lycopene in spicy food can cause acne. I found myself always developing a pimple or two after eating spicy food a day or two after.

Carrot salad with coconut oil also helps to clear off bacteria that could be causing it. Look up raw garlic and apple cider vinegar as well - allicin combats bacteria causing acne.

Acne can be caused by excessive estrogen, so a supplement like creatine can covert the testosterone into DHT instead of aromatizing it.

Vitamin E and aspirin are effective against estrogen as well, and are even applied on the face to get rid of acne and heal scars.

GTW

Of course it's associated with puberty. Does he begin to have whiskers? Shaving caused pimples for me. I used electric clippers to cut my beard short but not to the skin.
Salty greasy fried food was a trigger. They usually go together so can't say if fried oils or salt was the problem. However re salt, maybe halogens in general? Chlorine in salt, iodine, bromine? Washing in tap water would present chlorine. Swimming pool chlorine and chloramines...

MCurtone

Absolutely do not let him take accutane. It can ruin his health and life permanently, similar to post-finasteride syndrome.

He should be eating natural foods. Any foods containing seed oils, additives and transfats will cause acne in him.

GTW

Hormones, endogenous and exogenous\xeno are factors.
Many disruptors are hard to avoid completely thanks to Pharma Pimp AG industry. (PX Roundup)

Peachy

My 16-yr old was also dealing with severe acne and I understand the Accutane temptation. One thing I’ve warned him about is the ulcerative colitis link and that if he got that he’d be begging for acne. So far I’ve managed, barely, to convince him against it. “Delay and pray.”

What has worked best for him (by far!) is the combination of:

-daily mask of raw honey, turmeric and cinnamon (I think he leaves it on about 30-45 min)
-
pimple patches

He got the idea for the above regimen from a girlfriend who also cleared her skin this way.

He eats a typical teenage diet. But he’ll eat a can of oysters here and there and I think they’re helpful. Sun helps and he goes to the tanning bed occasionally. He’s currently taking oregano oil for gut health and colostrum (but we incorporated these after his skin cleared). We mostly credit the mask and pimple patches.

Look at the before and after! This is about 3-4 months apart. The before picture doesn’t show how bad it was.

0FEDEB06-F5B3-48C8-A701-5B370A9032C7.jpeg

5A42509D-2875-48B9-92C1-7C1375D7FC61.jpeg

Layne

He is considering using accutane. I’m concerned about the side effects.
Go to YouTube and enter "natural acne treatments".

You may want to encourage your son to look at this challenge as an important life lesson in how to approach problems. Our conventional health care system and culture at large encourages us to look for a "simple" short term solution, which is often detrimental for us long-term.

A better decision (in my opinion) is to put in the work to extensively research the challenge your facing, separate the "wheat from the chafe", and then start experimenting. It can be a long, drawn out process, one that likely requires you to eat much differently than your friends, but one that could pay amazing dividends for the rest of your life.

Effective answers are out there. It just takes the effort to utilize the amazing research tools we have at the time, and the discipline to follow through on the best, most sensible strategies that have been well documented to work.

OP
J

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Go to YouTube and enter "natural acne treatments".

You may want to encourage your son to look at this challenge as an important life lesson in how to approach problems. Our conventional health care system and culture at large encourages us to look for a "simple" short term solution, which is often detrimental for us long-term.

A better decision (in my opinion) is to put in the work to extensively research the challenge your facing, separate the "wheat from the chafe", and then start experimenting. It can be a long, drawn out process, one that likely requires you to eat much differently than your friends, but one that could pay amazing dividends for the rest of your life.

Effective answers are out there. It just takes the effort to utilize the amazing research tools we have at the time, and the discipline to follow through on the best, most sensible strategies that have been well documented to work.
Thank You for this. Great advice. We’ve been doing a lot of research in last couple days and have decided against accurate.

OP
J

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
My 16-yr old was also dealing with severe acne and I understand the Accutane temptation. One thing I’ve warned him about is the ulcerative colitis link and that if he got that he’d be begging for acne. So far I’ve managed, barely, to convince him against it. “Delay and pray.”

What has worked best for him (by far!) is the combination of:

-daily mask of raw honey, turmeric and cinnamon (I think he leaves it on about 30-45 min)
-
pimple patches

He got the idea for the above regimen from a girlfriend who also cleared her skin this way.

He eats a typical teenage diet. But he’ll eat a can of oysters here and there and I think they’re helpful. Sun helps and he goes to the tanning bed occasionally. He’s currently taking oregano oil for gut health and colostrum (but we incorporated these after his skin cleared). We mostly credit the mask and pimple patches.

Look at the before and after! This is about 3-4 months apart. The before picture doesn’t show how bad it was.

View attachment 55991
View attachment 55992
Thank you! We will start the mask tonight.

OP
J

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Hormones, endogenous and exogenous\xeno are factors.
Many disruptors are hard to avoid completely thanks to Pharma Pimp AG industry. (PX Roundup)
Thank you!

OP
J

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Both of my teenage son’s had acne. My oldest son got it really bad. We did the dermatology route, but it really didn’t help. What really helped was to not take hot baths and showers, but rather a warm shower and at the end of it do a very cold rinse on the acne areas, to stop the sweating that occurs after the shower, which compounds the issue. Don’t use toners and creams either, because they put the skin off balance. This one is hard to do, but wash the skin only once a day, preferably at night for us. Washing the skin just gets the oils going again, when the skin needs to calm down. Most cleansers can aggravate the issue, but this one we use has been “It”, and worked for others I recommended it to.

View attachment 55962
Thank you for this info. Ordered the cleanser. Very helpful info regarding showering/cleansing!

OP
J

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
If he is going to take accutane he may as well start off with eating liver first.

Does he eat spicy food? Lycopene in spicy food can cause acne. I found myself always developing a pimple or two after eating spicy food a day or two after.

Carrot salad with coconut oil also helps to clear off bacteria that could be causing it. Look up raw garlic and apple cider vinegar as well - allicin combats bacteria causing acne.

Acne can be caused by excessive estrogen, so a supplement like creatine can covert the testosterone into DHT instead of aromatizing it.

Vitamin E and aspirin are effective against estrogen as well, and are even applied on the face to get rid of acne and heal scars.
Thank you for this info! We decided against accutane.

OP
J

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Of course it's associated with puberty. Does he begin to have whiskers? Shaving caused pimples for me. I used electric clippers to cut my beard short but not to the skin.
Salty greasy fried food was a trigger. They usually go together so can't say if fried oils or salt was the problem. However re salt, maybe halogens in general? Chlorine in salt, iodine, bromine? Washing in tap water would present chlorine. Swimming pool chlorine and chloramines...
Thank you for this info.

OP
J

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Absolutely do not let him take accutane. It can ruin his health and life permanently, similar to post-finasteride syndrome.

He should be eating natural foods. Any foods containing seed oils, additives and transfats will cause acne in him.
We did some research and have now decided against accutane. Thank you so much for your reply. Helpful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals