My Biggest Problem Is ACNE, How To Clear It? (complete Diet + Supplement + Exercise + Lifestyle Info

OP
sweetly

sweetly

tara said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96422/
sweetly said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96308/ I really should start doing carrot/bamboo shoots but I really hate the vinegar and coconut oil. Makes it taste disgusting.
You don't have to add the coconut oil and vinegar if you don't like it. There may get a little extra benefit from them, but you're likely to get a good part of the benefit from the carrot alone, so if that tastes better, go for it. I don't usually feel like vinegar, either, though I like coconut oil on mine (and a little salt). Some people use a small amount of olive oil (Peat doesn't recommend eating much of it, because of the PUFA content, but has said up to a tsp now and then may be OK).

Had a plain carrot salad tonight, what's generally the best time to have this?
Before bed?

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

sweetly said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96430/
tara said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96422/
sweetly said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96308/ I really should start doing carrot/bamboo shoots but I really hate the vinegar and coconut oil. Makes it taste disgusting.
You don't have to add the coconut oil and vinegar if you don't like it. There may get a little extra benefit from them, but you're likely to get a good part of the benefit from the carrot alone, so if that tastes better, go for it. I don't usually feel like vinegar, either, though I like coconut oil on mine (and a little salt). Some people use a small amount of olive oil (Peat doesn't recommend eating much of it, because of the PUFA content, but has said up to a tsp now and then may be OK).

Had a plain carrot salad tonight, what's generally the best time to have this?
Before bed?
Ideally when you haven't go too much else in your stomach, so it can do a better sweeping job. I sometimes have mine before bed too. May help sleep to have a cleaner gut before bed. Some people go for afternoon. But eating it some time that works for you is more important than perfect timing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ella

Forum Supporter
Sweetly, generally doctors are extremely hesitant requesting any test that does not warrant a prescription. They are required to fill a certain number of prescriptions a year. Even, if some tests are covered by medicare, they get reprimanded for ordering selective tests. There are ways around it and your GP needs to have good justification in ordering certain tests. If you contact me, I can advise you further. I am situated in Melbourne Australia. I know Ray believes hormone testing to be unreliable but used intelligently together with other tests indicates the pathway to take rather than taking a stab in the dark. Yes, you do have deficiencies and imbalances but knowing what these deficiencies/imbalances along with toxicities is key to moving forward. Your problem is extremely common and I think Ray's recommendation of incorporating the antimicrobial fibres (carrot/bamboo) is greatly underestimated by the lay public and genius on Ray behalf. There is no need to add any coconut oil (yes coconut is antimicrobial but the carrot by itself is adequate) or olive to the carrot salad. I treat it as a salad by adding lemon juice and salt, sometimes a little olive oil but I think in your situation the less fat and oils the better. Vinegar has beneficial properties of its own and much of the benefits that have been associated with olive oil may really be coming from the vinegar and not the oil. 30 minutes before a meal. There has been some mention of not doing after 3pm and I am not sure whether Ray said in one of his interviews or its come from someone else. Maybe other members can provide insight here. I find before breakfast the carrot with the coconut beneficial for having a complete bowel movement for those experiencing sluggishness. Microorganisms double every 20 minutes which is why I like to make sure they are ushered out with the morning defecation (sorry if this is too much detail). The effects of the carrots last up to 3 weeks which I think is pretty impressive. The only hassle is grating those damn carrots if you are busy, so you need to invest some time in making sure you have a batch in the fridge ready to eat. Has anyone tried to pickle them?

moss

Ella, what a great idea, pickled carrots!
Just flicked through the cookbooks and there are the garden variety pickling recipes but none specifically for carrots. This looks reasonable http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2008/11/ea ... d-carrots/ fennel/dill/garlic could be dropped in favour for a sprig of thyme or even a cinnamon stick (Cinnamonum verum). Having the grated carrot most days this would make for a welcome change. Don't see why this wouldn't work with bamboo shoots as well. Others may have more thoughts...

frankfranks

Diet and supplements and topical creams never mattered in the slightest for my skin. Antibiotics didn't work. I think skin issues are TMS style psychogenic more often than not. How is your sleep quality? Do you clear up on a vacation? Do you dislike your job or social life?

A daily evening bath concoction of my own invention was about the only "chemical" approach that ever clearly mattered one way or the other for me. 2.5 cups of epsom salts + about 5 tablespoons of bulk aspirin powder + 5 tablespoons of bulk urea powder. (There's nothing remotely scientific about these proportions or even the ingredient list; just my own wild guesswork.) Throw all that in the tub and draw a shallow hot bath, and then soak and splash around in it for fifteen minutes. I flip over and stick my face in the water while holding my breath for much of that time. Don't rinse off afterwards. Just air dry, if you can. Sleep with the salts on your skin and take a shower in the morning.

Taking oral aspirin, even high doses, never helped. Using topical salycilic acid never did anything. Nor did urea lotions. But for some reason bathing in this concoction clearly had a huge and almost immediate impact. I feel like there's something synergistic going on with the magnesium and the aspirin that kills off inflammation. Somehow it works in a way that eating more magnesium and aspirin doesn't. The sulphates in the epsom salts help, I think. The urea helps to slough off the excess skin cells and keratin that causes blocked pores.

I just used urea made for fertilizer sold in big buckets and advertised as 99% pure. I have no proof it's actually safe for this, but I really doubt there's anything to worry about. It's all synthesized in the same haber-bosch reactors. I also just use aspirin from a big veterinary supply bucket. Bought both of these on ebay.

By the way, I never had any hairline recession that I noticed, but when doing this bath and soaking my scalp in it I would afterwards notice a certain kind of pain along my hairline and in other parts of my scalp. I think my hair thickened up some. I think maybe the pain was improving circulation and decalcification in the tissue.

m_arch

Have you checked free testosterone levels? You may need more fibre to clear excess sex and adrenal hormones. I would do 100 gram carrot/bamboo shoots twice a day. Check levels of T3 hormones to see if low as liver may not be working optimally. I would not supplement pregnenolone if there is a problem clearing hormones due to sluggish phase 2 liver detoxification pathways. I would also reduce weightlifting if phase 2 pathways not optimal. More metabolic wastes that need to be processed by the liver. I would also reduce animal fats and lean more towards oysters, liver, lots of gelatin (glycine & taurine) and potato water. If you are female, I would be selective on which days of your monthly cycle to drink milk. A sex hormone plus DHEA-S panel can help determine this.
Hi Ella,
A dna test said I have a slow phase 2 and fast phase 1. Curious as to where I can learn more about this? The dna company just told me to eat broccoli and avoid BBQ meat.

bohogirl

Diet and supplements and topical creams never mattered in the slightest for my skin. Antibiotics didn't work. I think skin issues are TMS style psychogenic more often than not. How is your sleep quality? Do you clear up on a vacation? Do you dislike your job or social life?

A daily evening bath concoction of my own invention was about the only "chemical" approach that ever clearly mattered one way or the other for me. 2.5 cups of epsom salts + about 5 tablespoons of bulk aspirin powder + 5 tablespoons of bulk urea powder. (There's nothing remotely scientific about these proportions or even the ingredient list; just my own wild guesswork.) Throw all that in the tub and draw a shallow hot bath, and then soak and splash around in it for fifteen minutes. I flip over and stick my face in the water while holding my breath for much of that time. Don't rinse off afterwards. Just air dry, if you can. Sleep with the salts on your skin and take a shower in the morning.

Did the espom salts dehydrate you?

seano

Creatine doesn't affect my cysts. But experiment. Remember that skin issues can have all sorts of causes.

Just said this in another post:
Keep in mind that what we identify as acne can be all sorts of things, not necessarily Acne Vulgaris.

I get sudden deep cysts on my neck which can disappear as fast as they appear. This then affects my social life & mental state especially in summer when it can't be covered at all.

I've correlated the cause completely to digestion. 1 day of slowed digestion (i.e. not clearing out well in the morning) will result in cysts the next morning. Guaranteed. Lack of sleep typically aggravates it further.

What has helped the most is:
- Daily & often movement. Along with good posture.
- Reduction of fiber. Dropped all cruciferous vegetables. Primarily use spinach, zucchini, tomatoes, ...
- Carrot salad. Normally mid morning.
- Not eating too late unless it's a no fiber meal (mmm ice cream).
- Favoring potatoes over other starches (boiled then mashed or pureed). And sometimes masa harina (in the form of tortillas for tacos).
- Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.
- Vitamin A & Zinc+Copper. (liver regularly, oysters weekly and some extra vitamin a from time to time)
- I've always eaten primarily gelatinous meat, but I assume that helps.

Oddly, I had very clear skin on a recent 3 week work trip. More clear than for years. And yet I was eating crap food. I suspect it was due to the poor food quality causing even faster digestion. And that I was more physically active which likely moved digestion along.

seano

By the way the biggest help to reduce/dry cysts has been milk of magnesia. Apply topically, let dry and leave on overnight.

And then lavender oil for reducing redness & scar healing (only in extreme cases since it *may* have an estrogenic effect)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals