Taurin / Magnesium / B6 Synergy ?

Bogdar

Hey everyone,

I have read from times to times about this specific synergy. If I understand correctly you would need less magnesium if you had enough taurin.

However, I have had difficulties searching about that subject, so, if you can share any info/videos/studies about this I would be thankful.
Also, have you ever witness, or experienced or heard a case of magnesium deficiency cured with more taurin ?

Or even further than that, electrolyte imbalances (cramping / muscles twitching and stuff) cured with taurin ?

Thanks

brix

Taurine balances electrolytes like calcium/magnesium and sodium/potassium.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Yes but how?
What are the mechanisms involved?
How useful is it in practice?

redsun

Hey everyone,

I have read from times to times about this specific synergy. If I understand correctly you would need less magnesium if you had enough taurin.

However, I have had difficulties searching about that subject, so, if you can share any info/videos/studies about this I would be thankful.
Also, have you ever witness, or experienced or heard a case of magnesium deficiency cured with more taurin ?

Or even further than that, electrolyte imbalances (cramping / muscles twitching and stuff) cured with taurin ?

Thanks

Taurine – anti-anxiety, pro-androgens, increases GH, lowers prolactin

"Taurine modulates calcium fluxes and enhances muscle contraction and beta-adrenergic activation through its influence on cyclic AMP regulation."

"Taurine, a semi-essential sulfur-containing β-amino acid, is an organic osmolyte involved in cell volume regulation (by regulating sodium, potassium and magnesium levels), and provides a substrate for the formation of bile salts."

There's alot of info on taurine in there. The capacity for taurine synthesis in the body is very low, like 125mg a day. B6 is also needed to synthesize it in the body. Has to be obtained mostly from diet if not you are left with supplementing it or you will run into issues.

For magnesium deficiency, high sodium diet will help retain magnesium and I believe thyroid(T4, T3) is supposed to help magnesium get into the cell. Improving T3 levels will improve magnesium levels(as long as you are consuming it through diet).

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Taurine – anti-anxiety, pro-androgens, increases GH, lowers prolactin

"Taurine modulates calcium fluxes and enhances muscle contraction and beta-adrenergic activation through its influence on cyclic AMP regulation."

"Taurine, a semi-essential sulfur-containing β-amino acid, is an organic osmolyte involved in cell volume regulation (by regulating sodium, potassium and magnesium levels), and provides a substrate for the formation of bile salts."

There's alot of info on taurine in there. The capacity for taurine synthesis in the body is very low, like 125mg a day. B6 is also needed to synthesize it in the body. Has to be obtained mostly from diet if not you are left with supplementing it or you will run into issues.

For magnesium deficiency, high sodium diet will help retain magnesium and I believe thyroid(T4, T3) is supposed to help magnesium get into the cell. Improving T3 levels will improve magnesium levels(as long as you are consuming it through diet).
Yes I searched a bit for taurine and found interesting things about fat digestion, hepatic glycogen and stuff but couldn't find a proper application or a testimony about curing mineral imbalances with taurine.
The link you provided seem pretty complet however, thank you ! :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals