Supplemental FAD

bruschi11

If you’ve been in this world for awhile I’m sure you know of Riboflavin converting to FMN and FAD. And how these are huge factors in methylation, the Krebs cycle and so on.

I’ve been learning a lot lately and I just see FAD as so important. I’m seeing glycine and choline cycle where FAD is huge for this cycle ultimately recycling choline glycine ethanalomine. FAD plays big role in folate cycle. Heme metabolism. I mean it’s everywhere.

I have technology on hand I’ve been using that can measure Vits, minerals, enzymes… A lot I can measure. I’m noticing I’m having a hard time getting to and keeping FAD upwards. It’s a process and there are many opinions on how we get to fad from b2.

My theory is estrogen (good thing/ needed) is a big piece as the vitamin d receptor for phosphorus is key to fmn to fad conversion. VDR needs estradiol. I’ve seen phosphorus/magnesium/ atp are the big keys for fmn to fad. Not here to talk or argue about this part.

What I do want to talk about is the potential supplementation of FAD itself. Something pretty unheard.

I do know someone well who works in this field. Mito health practitioner etc. He says he knows a few who have purchased FAD from chemical companies online. And people are having success with 25-50mg twice a day.

I’m just thinking based on my research and experiences. If we give b2 or r5p we are inflating these. While putting pressure on the cofactors that increase fad. I’m realizing based on my own experiences…. It’s very easy to raise FMN without raising FAD. I’m sure this is horrid for the body. Activating b6 (fmn) and pushing cysteine without glycine recycling (fad) seems like a disaster to me.

If we can supplement FAD alone. I feel this very possibly could help a lot of people.

The problem is the chemical companies are looking for some sort of company to sell to. They aren’t trying to sell to individuals. There’s gotta be some sort of legal things there.

I am trying to get ahold of FAD. We will see how it works out. Would be interested to hear if anyone has tried or know any loop holes around the chem companies.

Validus

If you’ve been in this world for awhile I’m sure you know of Riboflavin converting to FMN and FAD. And how these are huge factors in methylation, the Krebs cycle and so on.

I’ve been learning a lot lately and I just see FAD as so important. I’m seeing glycine and choline cycle where FAD is huge for this cycle ultimately recycling choline glycine ethanalomine. FAD plays big role in folate cycle. Heme metabolism. I mean it’s everywhere.

I have technology on hand I’ve been using that can measure Vits, minerals, enzymes… A lot I can measure. I’m noticing I’m having a hard time getting to and keeping FAD upwards. It’s a process and there are many opinions on how we get to fad from b2.

My theory is estrogen (good thing/ needed) is a big piece as the vitamin d receptor for phosphorus is key to fmn to fad conversion. VDR needs estradiol. I’ve seen phosphorus/magnesium/ atp are the big keys for fmn to fad. Not here to talk or argue about this part.

What I do want to talk about is the potential supplementation of FAD itself. Something pretty unheard.

I do know someone well who works in this field. Mito health practitioner etc. He says he knows a few who have purchased FAD from chemical companies online. And people are having success with 25-50mg twice a day.

I’m just thinking based on my research and experiences. If we give b2 or r5p we are inflating these. While putting pressure on the cofactors that increase fad. I’m realizing based on my own experiences…. It’s very easy to raise FMN without raising FAD. I’m sure this is horrid for the body. Activating b6 (fmn) and pushing cysteine without glycine recycling (fad) seems like a disaster to me.

If we can supplement FAD alone. I feel this very possibly could help a lot of people.

The problem is the chemical companies are looking for some sort of company to sell to. They aren’t trying to sell to individuals. There’s gotta be some sort of legal things there.

I am trying to get ahold of FAD. We will see how it works out. Would be interested to hear if anyone has tried or know any loop holes around the chem companies.
What is FAD?

Kray

(edit) wrong one!

youngsinatra

Thyroid testing and possibly taking thyroid to optimize it. (make sure your free T3 isn’t low or RT3 high)
Magnesium & zinc are also involved in the ATPases that activate B vitamins.

Aromasin

Forum Supporter
Thyroid testing and possibly taking thyroid to optimize it. (make sure your free T3 isn’t low or RT3 high)
Magnesium & zinc are also involved in the ATPases that activate B vitamins.
Do you have any interesting info on why RT3 can be high?

@bruschi11 I think molybdenum is also crucial for FMN-->FAD. Idk if it is activator or cofactor.

You could maybe contact the chem departments of nearby universities and say that you're doing an experiment "on plants" (or whatever) but cannot order the chemicals because you're an individual/private person. Maybe they'll help you. They order stuff all the time.

youngsinatra

Do you have any interesting info on why RT3 can be high?

@bruschi11 I think molybdenum is also crucial for FMN-->FAD. Idk if it is activator or cofactor.

You could maybe contact the chem departments of nearby universities and say that you're doing an experiment "on plants" (or whatever) but cannot order the chemicals because you're an individual/private person. Maybe they'll help you. They order stuff all the time.
Poor liver function, gut problems, high stress hormones, blood sugar dysregulation, nutrient deficiencies, malnutrition, fasting, chronic infections, low caloric intake, but also high calorie malnutrition. (a term that Dr. Lonsdale uses)

Mitochondriopathy can be a factor too — the thyroid slows down to not strain that energy system even further. T3 can be a metabolic whip.

The „science“ on Moly as a cofactor for FAD synthesis is very wonky in my opinion.

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

The „science“ on Moly as a cofactor for FAD synthesis is very wonky in my opinion.

FMN to FAD simply needs phosphorus and magnesium. There’s a reason why when I was 30 and relatively healthy b2 + mag was orgasmic. I had plenty of phos in me.

Thing is…. How do we get to phosphorus? That is the notorious thing that is low for me in the last year I’ve been using oligoscan. And it goes higher as I start improving. Also in htmas it elevates historically when I improve.

Gbold on hackstasis said something like “I hate the vitamin d approach for phosphorus.” And I do think that is the approach I’ve taken historically. Where raising estradiol in some way or form activates d receptor raising phosphorus converting fmn to fad.

So this gets us back to hormones. Estradiol. I believe the key to hormone recycling is sulfur. And yes molybdenum is a co factor in getting to sulfur. But so is zinc manganese b2 b12 b6. There is a lot to making sulfur. It’s not as simple as take moly with just b2.

I will be taking phosphorus now. But im
Thinking how I can raise estradiol and it’s tough

Aromasin

Forum Supporter
FMN to FAD simply needs phosphorus and magnesium. There’s a reason why when I was 30 and relatively healthy b2 + mag was orgasmic. I had plenty of phos in me.

Thing is…. How do we get to phosphorus? That is the notorious thing that is low for me in the last year I’ve been using oligoscan. And it goes higher as I start improving. Also in htmas it elevates historically when I improve.

Gbold on hackstasis said something like “I hate the vitamin d approach for phosphorus.” And I do think that is the approach I’ve taken historically. Where raising estradiol in some way or form activates d receptor raising phosphorus converting fmn to fad.

So this gets us back to hormones. Estradiol. I believe the key to hormone recycling is sulfur. And yes molybdenum is a co factor in getting to sulfur. But so is zinc manganese b2 b12 b6. There is a lot to making sulfur. It’s not as simple as take moly with just b2.

I will be taking phosphorus now. But im
Thinking how I can raise estradiol and it’s tough
Are you sure about estradiol-vit D receptor link?
I'm interested in this.

Secondary bile acids (lithocholic acid) are also important for vit D receptor.

Raising e2 is tough without glutathione --- PGE2-aromatase link is worth exploring, maybe?

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

Are you sure about estradiol-vit D receptor link?
I'm interested in this.

Secondary bile acids (lithocholic acid) are also important for vit D receptor.

Raising e2 is tough without glutathione --- PGE2-aromatase link is worth exploring, maybe?

Yes I am sure about it.

Yea I think raising gluth and gluth recycling is a key to e2.

Haven’t looked much into PGE2

youngsinatra

Aromasin

Forum Supporter
Poor liver function, gut problems, high stress hormones, blood sugar dysregulation, nutrient deficiencies, malnutrition, fasting, chronic infections, low caloric intake, but also high calorie malnutrition. (a term that Dr. Lonsdale uses)

Mitochondriopathy can be a factor too — the thyroid slows down to not strain that energy system even further. T3 can be a metabolic whip.

Nice, thank you!

OP
bruschi11

bruschi11

Seeing possibility of nrf2 as key to FMN to FAD.

Today I only took inositol 4mg and my machine showed low b2 fmn BUT high FAD. Definitely noticed something happening from the inositol. Gave some cr/ vanadium with it after.

Gave b2 later in day. B2 fmn went up to mid range and fad dropped to mid range. Everyone acts like b2 = fad. You see haiduts posts about b2 curing this and that. But it’s FAD he’s talking about and he says it. “B2 cures this or that” with an (FAD) next to the b2 lol. FAD IS not b2.

Honestly I notice b2 lowering FAD when I take it. In 2020, chromium saved me. I honestly think chromium raising nrf2 was helping me get to FAD. I didn’t take b2 more than twice that entire fall. And when I did the b2 killed me.

I’m hoping inositol depletion was a big part of this collapse and getting it in can help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals