Vitamin B2 (FAD) (not Light) May Control The Circadian Clock

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hopefully this won't spur another war on words as the previous discussion on the circadian clock. This study found that the coenzyme FAD (a derivative of riboflavin) control the circadian clock in a light-independent manner. To make the matters even more "metabolic" so to speak, the levels of FAD controlled the expression of vital metabolic genes and especially the ones related to glucose metabolism. This adds to the evidence for a metabolic/dietary regulation of the circadian clock, with light playing a secondary role.
So, we can probably add riboflavin to the arsenal of clock-resetting tools for people who often travel and span multiple time-zones.

FAD Regulates CRYPTOCHROME Protein Stability and Circadian Clock in Mice. - PubMed - NCBI

"...The circadian clock generates biological rhythms of metabolic and physiological processes, including the sleep-wake cycle. We previously identified a missense mutation in the flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD) binding pocket of CRYPTOCHROME2 (CRY2), a clock protein that causes human advanced sleep phase. This prompted us to examine the role of FAD as a mediator of the clock and metabolism. FAD stabilized CRY proteins, leading to increased protein levels. In contrast, knockdown of Riboflavin kinase (Rfk), an FAD biosynthetic enzyme, enhanced CRY degradation. RFK protein levels and FAD concentrations oscillate in the nucleus, suggesting that they are subject to circadian control. Knockdown of Rfk combined with a riboflavin-deficient diet altered the CRY levels in mouse liver and the expression profiles of clock and clock-controlled genes (especially those related to metabolism including glucose homeostasis). We conclude that light-independent mechanisms of FAD regulate CRY and contribute to proper circadian oscillation of metabolic genes in mammals."

denise

I've been thinking about light and sleep recently because of reading about the electric universe cosmology, which theorizes that the earth was once a satellite of a brown dwarf and experienced no night/day distinction, and that most of the light would have been in the red/infrared. And it made me wonder how the humans at the time wouldn't have all been insomniacs. I'd love to see an experiment that tried to replicate these hypothesized conditions and see how humans responded.

raypeatclips

@haidut A few questions. Would the b2 need to be taken at specific times of the day to improve circadian rhythm or is it just a b2 deficiency that throws things out? What dosage of b2 is required do you know? Thanks

Mufasa

Wondering the pratical implementation for this. For example, if I want to fall asleep earlier, could I benefit from taking more vitamin B2?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut A few questions. Would the b2 need to be taken at specific times of the day to improve circadian rhythm or is it just a b2 deficiency that throws things out? What dosage of b2 is required do you know? Thanks

It is deficiency that threw the circadian clock off, but Peat said the most common deficiency he has seen in people is indeed with B2. So, maybe taking 10mg - 20mg as needed when travelling should be enough.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wondering the pratical implementation for this. For example, if I want to fall asleep earlier, could I benefit from taking more vitamin B2?

Eating that dinner meal earlier would help as well as avoiding bright light. I don't think B2 will make you fall asleep earlier, it's more like it will reset your clock to the current time zone you are in as opposed to staying in the one you left behind.

CoconutEffect

Eating that dinner meal earlier would help as well as avoiding bright light. I don't think B2 will make you fall asleep earlier, it's more like it will reset your clock to the current time zone you are in as opposed to staying in the one you left behind.
So it wouldn't necessarily matter when its taken; correcting a hypothetical deficiency would be sufficient for the circadian "clock" to auto regulate?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So it wouldn't necessarily matter when its taken; correcting a hypothetical deficiency would be sufficient for the circadian "clock" to auto regulate?

Yes, that's how I am reading it.

I've been thinking about light and sleep recently because of reading about the electric universe cosmology, which theorizes that the earth was once a satellite of a brown dwarf and experienced no night/day distinction, and that most of the light would have been in the red/infrared. And it made me wonder how the humans at the time wouldn't have all been insomniacs. I'd love to see an experiment that tried to replicate these hypothesized conditions and see how humans responded.

I used to follow the velikovsky hypothesis but now I don't think that's true.

Would you mind elaborating on this? Curious.

It's very complicated. He gets some things right and some things wrong. The one thing he got right is that we couldnt be more wrong when we tacitly assume that ancient events happened in a planetary environment similar to ours. Things have changed considerably.

There was a time wheb moon did not yet exist, there were other suns, exploding planets, and possibly exploding stars. Safe to say we're getting to the party a little late.

From my research it's clear that all religions in the world come from one source and they all worship the same Gods. That God is most likely Saturn.

If you're curious, research the Phoenicians. They, along with the Egyptians, are one of the oldest civilizations in human history. Of course we now know they were not the first. They were simply one of the few to survive whatever global cataclysm wiped out the rest of the planet. The Phoenicians were travelling the world long before anybody else. They gave the Chinese their culture and religion. Look it up Theyre the reason the chinese worshipped dragons. Same with the Mayans.

Saturn is a very unique planet. I'm sure youve seen the 6 sized geometric figure on top. Most ancieny religions practice sun worship. But when you look closer you find that it's Saturn, not sol, that they were worshipping. Perhaps Saturn was once a sun, and an interaction with Jupiter/zeus (mass exchange that led to a supernova) destroyed the Saturn sun and left a diminished core, encircled by rings.

The reason I disagree with velikovsky is because he posits that ancient man was a primitive being who created religion as a way to encode and explain the planetary events he witnessed.

Ancient man was anything but primitive. They were likely much more advanced than us. It took massive environmental changed and numerous global catastrophes to turn us into the primitive man that comes to mind when you think of human history.

Indiana Jones is not just a movie. It's a revelation of the method. Some Jewish "historian" goes to different parts of the world, kills the natives and steals their sacred monuments, statues, and religious "artifacts". And at the end of every movie it zooms out to reveal he's in some giant warehouse filled with stolen "artifacts".

Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark.gif

It's sick! But in the ****88 up west this guy is a hero.

What we see in the history channel, and hear on NPR, and read in the history books is a lie. We've been the victims of a well organized and well funded plot to control the narrative of human history.

The truth is were not here by accident. Evolution, the big bang, it's all a lie.

L

lollipop

It's very complicated. He gets some things right and some things wrong. The one thing he got right is that we couldnt be more wrong when we tacitly assume that ancient events happened in a planetary environment similar to ours. Things have changed considerably.

There was a time wheb moon did not yet exist, there were other suns, exploding planets, and possibly exploding stars. Safe to say we're getting to the party a little late.

From my research it's clear that all religions in the world come from one source and they all worship the same Gods. That God is most likely Saturn.

If you're curious, research the Phoenicians. They, along with the Egyptians, are one of the oldest civilizations in human history. Of course we now know they were not the first. They were simply one of the few to survive whatever global cataclysm wiped out the rest of the planet. The Phoenicians were travelling the world long before anybody else. They gave the Chinese their culture and religion. Look it up Theyre the reason the chinese worshipped dragons. Same with the Mayans.

Saturn is a very unique planet. I'm sure youve seen the 6 sized geometric figure on top. Most ancieny religions practice sun worship. But when you look closer you find that it's Saturn, not sol, that they were worshipping. Perhaps Saturn was once a sun, and an interaction with Jupiter/zeus (mass exchange that led to a supernova) destroyed the Saturn sun and left a diminished core, encircled by rings.

The reason I disagree with velikovsky is because he posits that ancient man was a primitive being who created religion as a way to encode and explain the planetary events he witnessed.

Ancient man was anything but primitive. They were likely much more advanced than us. It took massive environmental changed and numerous global catastrophes to turn us into the primitive man that comes to mind when you think of human history.

Indiana Jones is not just a movie. It's a revelation of the method. Some Jewish "historian" goes to different parts of the world, kills the natives and steals their sacred monuments, statues, and religious "artifacts". And at the end of every movie it zooms out to reveal he's in some giant warehouse filled with stolen "artifacts".

What we see in the history channel, and hear on NPR, and read in the history books is a lie. We've been the victims of a well organized and well funded plot to control the narrative of human history.

The truth is were not here by accident. Evolution, the big bang, it's all a lie.
Interesting. Thank you for elaborating.

yerrag

Why is the historian "Jewish?" To uphold the legitimacy of the Judeo-Christian mythology?

Why is the historian "Jewish?" To uphold the legitimacy of the Judeo-Christian mythology?

Haha not at all. The bible reinforces everything I've said. There is a plot to hide the true history of humanity. That plot is Jewish.

yerrag

Haha not at all. The bible reinforces everything I've said. There is a plot to hide the true history of humanity. That plot is Jewish.
What's the motive?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Evolution, the big bang, it's all a lie

The Big Bang - yes. But why would evolution be a lie? I mean, random evolution that is the official version is a lie, but the Lamarckian version seems pretty spot on.

Drareg

Below study is interesting to note,obviously not mammalian.
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...nobacterial-KaiC-Phosphorylation-in-Vitro.pdf

Reconstitution of Circadian Oscillation of Cyanobacterial KaiC Phosphorylation in Vitro
Abstract
Kai proteins globally regulate circadian gene expression of cyanobacteria. The KaiC phosphorylation cycle, which persists even without transcription or translation, is assumed to be a basic timing process of the circadian clock. We have reconstituted the self-sustainable oscillation of KaiC phosphorylation in vitro by incubating KaiC with KaiA, KaiB, and adenosine triphosphate. The period of the in vitro oscillation was stable despite temperature change (temperature compensation), and the circadian periods observed in vivo in KaiC mutant strains were consistent with those measured in vitro. The enigma of the circadian clock can now be studied in vitro by examining the interactions between three Kai proteins.

The Big Bang - yes. But why would evolution be a lie? I mean, random evolution that is the official version is a lie, but the Lamarckian version seems pretty spot on.

I tend to exaggerate when I speak.

What I meant was that life on earth did not originate randomly and that complex life is not a result of natural selection working on random mutations. I agree with lamarkian evolution and the two way transfer of information but I think there's been a lot of meddling in our genetic past. I also think life on earth has been re-seeded after being wiped out by various cataclysms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals