Strengthening A Severely Weak Immune System

Goobz

They are not Russians there, there are tribes with other genetic makeup. They have 50 centuries for 2,5 million of population in Dagestan Republic for example.

Even NY Times has an article about longevity there.
Why They Live to Be 100, Or Even Older, in Abkhasia

Thanks for giving a bit more info about it.

I did a quick google. That article is from the 70s.

This article from 2018 describes the diet quite differently than you do though:

In addition to uniquely active lifestyles, the Abkhasia are also known to follow a mostly plant-based diet, emphasizing fresh (as in "picked-it-this-morning" fresh) foods, whole grains, and nuts. The day typically starts with a fresh salad of raw greens harvested from the garden. Nuts are served at nearly every meal, bringing in antioxidant value, and they are known for their matzoni, a cultured milk drink. But perhaps just as important as what the Abkhasian people eat is what they do not eat. They are a community that doesn't consume refined flour, oils, or sugars.

Not only are the Abkhasia known for the fresh foods they consume, but also their overall caloric intake. The average Abkhasian diet contains well below the prescribed 2000 calories per day. The Abkhasia not only eat wholesome foods but comparatively do not eat very much of them, which is not much of a surprise for many longevity researchers as limiting caloric intake has been shown to increase life expectancy in laboratory situations.

What We Can Learn From the Remarkable Long-Living People of Abkhazia

Goobz

This link is bull****. It is simply not true. That guy who has written it just made it up. Whole grains and nuts...

Well if thats true, then in any case, we have one apparently bull**** article from 2018 and another very questionable article from the 70s which reads like propaganda. Each showing different things, but very poor evidence in both cases.

Suffice to say, this isn't going to have me changing my mind on diet any time soon.

koky

Pancreas is the traditional sweatbread, thymus is sometimes sold as neck sweatbread. They aren't especially good for the thyroid. High temperature tends to lower thyroid, but it depends on the many other things; people in Yucatan on the traditional diet (lots of coconut) had very good thyroid activity, despite the climate, but when I spent a few months in Florida I stopped using a supplement because of the heat, and my blood pressure got extremely low, and I grew big moles.

hi ray
are sweetbreads (hypothalmus) of grass-fed veal beneficial for thyroid?
and what is the effect of sweating in a sauna on thyroid?
thanks,

Sefton10

Can you actually eat animal thymus? I’ve never seen it advertised in UK supermarkets?
Good source of thymus in the UK (I think it's a mix of pancreas and thymus), haven't tried it personally but we get other stuff from there and it's great.

@milkboi @Korven How are you guys doing, have you managed to get improvement in your symptoms?

golder

Good source of thymus in the UK (I think it's a mix of pancreas and thymus), haven't tried it personally but we get other stuff from there and it's great.

@milkboi @Korven How are you guys doing, have you managed to get improvement in your symptoms?
Amazing find. Thank you man! Never even heard of ‘lamb sweetbreads’ before. I’m definitely going to give this a try!

Korven

It's interesting seeing those posts from 2 years ago, a lot has changed since then... mostly positive!

After LOTS of self-experimentation and reading and learning, I believe my "weak immune system" and being sick all the time was due to life-long hypothyroidism, overall poor gut health/digestion and poor nutrition. I remember as a kid I would always have a coated tongue and I could push out my stomach so I looked pregnant, which obviously are signs that something was off with my digestion.

Also at some point I must have seriously messed up my gallbladder - maybe from being a low-fat vegan for 3 years or OD'ing on fat soluble vitamins - and that made me feel really sick/poisoned for a long time. This has gotten a lot better since I finally got my gallbladder "working" again.

So I would say that these have probably been the most helpful for me:

- Eating low PUFA nutritious foods that do not cause inflammation (for me no dairy, unripe fruit, gluten, corn, eggs, nightshades)
- Avoiding gas, bloating and fermentation
- A couple months of supplementing thyroid to "kickstart" metabolism. I might go back on NDT this winter.
- Having well-formed bowel moments 2x every day and avoiding constipation
- Drinking 4 pints of hot water every day
- Topical DHEA/Pregnenolone - seems to be great for boosting immune system, mood and stress resilience.
- Taking a WHOLE BUNCH of different probiotics and antimicrobials to change gut microbiome (though in all honesty I can't say for sure if any of it did help much, fixing diet is likely way more important).
- Along with the other stuff for digestion I think high doses (500 mg) iodine, and also boron, helped clean out the gut so I could eat starch again without feeling terrible.
- High dose thiamine for energy.
- 2 liters or more of Cistus Incanus tea daily for its antiviral properties and to dissolve biofilms - have noticed a gradual increase in well-being since starting this protocol (thanks @Lokzo !)

So immune function, metabolism, digestion and stress resilience are all way better, but one thing I am still struggling with is the exercise intolerance or mild CFS. At this point I'm thinking it's autoimmune, when I do any strenuous exercise my body just reacts in a terrible way. Still not sure how I am going to fix this because at this point I feel like I've tried "everything", maybe it's just a matter of giving the body time to heal itself.

Sefton10

It's interesting seeing those posts from 2 years ago, a lot has changed since then... mostly positive!
Thanks for the update. Great to hear you‘ve made significant improvements. Hopefully like you say just a case of more time to crack it properly. Iodine is an interesting one. I’ve been using Lugol’s 5% in a nasal rinse recently and decided to dilute some so I could have some 100mcg drops. Been having 2 or 3 a day. As always could be placebo but I feel a benefit, actually more so than when I tried low dose T3. It’s such a divisive topic on here I’m am bit reticent to try high doses, but it’s definitely something I’m researching.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

After LOTS of self-experimentation and reading and learning, I believe my "weak immune system" and being sick all the time was due to life-long hypothyroidism, overall poor gut health/digestion and poor nutrition. I remember as a kid I would always have a coated tongue and I could push out my stomach so I looked pregnant, which obviously are signs that something was off with my digestion.

Also at some point I must have seriously messed up my gallbladder - maybe from being a low-fat vegan for 3 years or OD'ing on fat soluble vitamins - and that made me feel really sick/poisoned for a long time. This has gotten a lot better since I finally got my gallbladder "working" again.

So I would say that these have probably been the most helpful for me:

- Eating low PUFA nutritious foods that do not cause inflammation (for me no dairy, unripe fruit, gluten, corn, eggs, nightshades)
- Avoiding gas, bloating and fermentation
- A couple months of supplementing thyroid to "kickstart" metabolism. I might go back on NDT this winter.
- Having well-formed bowel moments 2x every day and avoiding constipation
- Drinking 4 pints of hot water every day
- Topical DHEA/Pregnenolone - seems to be great for boosting immune system, mood and stress resilience.
- Taking a WHOLE BUNCH of different probiotics and antimicrobials to change gut microbiome (though in all honesty I can't say for sure if any of it did help much, fixing diet is likely way more important).
- Along with the other stuff for digestion I think high doses (500 mg) iodine, and also boron, helped clean out the gut so I could eat starch again without feeling terrible.
- High dose thiamine for energy.
- 2 liters or more of Cistus Incanus tea daily for its antiviral properties and to dissolve biofilms - have noticed a gradual increase in well-being since starting this protocol (thanks @Lokzo !)

So immune function, metabolism, digestion and stress resilience are all way better, but one thing I am still struggling with is the exercise intolerance or mild CFS. At this point I'm thinking it's autoimmune, when I do any strenuous exercise my body just reacts in a terrible way. Still not sure how I am going to fix this because at this point I feel like I've tried "everything", maybe it's just a matter of giving the body time to heal itself.

Ah yes dude!!

Thanks for reminding me, Cistus is amazing, I will start drinking it daily again!

is your A1-C in normal range ? how is your ferritin ? how is your B12 ? Vit D? sounds like you might have some kind of malabsorption thing going on and a blood sugar thing.

K

Kaur Singh

When I heard Peat talking about how the general feeling of 'sickness' may be coming from LPS
when one catches a cold, etc.

These episodes of feeling sick in ME/CFS, when you overdo it:

I have been wondering if that's also LPS

Because pushing energy demands
- the bar is pretty low in ME/CFS, for some just getting up to go to the bathroom is too much -
then activates more of the stress hormones
that cascade of events that triggers more LPS absorbed into the bloodstream

Therefore, the answer would be
to
improve thyroid function
and all the processes that bear on it, whatever is true for the person at the moment.
such as hypoglycemia, low D, high serotonin, nutritional deffs, LPS, lower/eliminate stressful situations, etc
With Me/CFS, the more severe it is, the more of the whole lot that would include.
Pacing is important too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motif

I get a cold pretty much every time I exert myself a little bit. The cold symptoms are present almost always, but when I put just a little mental or physical effort into something I get a full-fledged cold (or something similar). This seems to be connected to my chronic fatigue.

Are there specific and effective measures to strengthen the immune system?

Things that I‘ve tried and that were not effective (enough):
- Gelatine/Glycine
- Methylene Blue
- Aspirin. Cyproheptadine
- Fixing my gut/Digestion
- T3/T3+T4
- Vitamin D (although I want to try again, in combination with the other fat-solubles)
Still having that issue?

OP
milkboi

milkboi

Still having that issue?
Strangely, no. I still battle chronic fatigue but haven’t gotten sick nearly as much as I did the time I made that post. I’ve started TRT a couple of months after, so that might have contributed? Like I had an overactive immune system that Testosterone suppressed? Not sure tho, could also be due to the increasing hygiene interventions and social isolation.

Testosterone definitely - not surprisingly - increased my capacity to exercise without feeling f*cked multiple days after which is a big success in my book.

Korven

Thanks for the update. Great to hear you‘ve made significant improvements. Hopefully like you say just a case of more time to crack it properly. Iodine is an interesting one. I’ve been using Lugol’s 5% in a nasal rinse recently and decided to dilute some so I could have some 100mcg drops. Been having 2 or 3 a day. As always could be placebo but I feel a benefit, actually more so than when I tried low dose T3. It’s such a divisive topic on here I’m am bit reticent to try high doses, but it’s definitely something I’m researching.

Thanks. Yeah I've also been doing iodine (and salt) nasal rinses for the past months and it's been very helpful for clearing out a chronic staph infection in my sinuses.

This past month I've done more exercise since 2018 so I definitely feel like I'm on the right track. It's kind of surreal to be able to push myself this hard and recover without any PEM or crashing. At one point I couldn't get out of my chair without feeling like dying.

Strangely, no. I still battle chronic fatigue but haven’t gotten sick nearly as much as I did the time I made that post. I’ve started TRT a couple of months after, so that might have contributed? Like I had an overactive immune system that Testosterone suppressed? Not sure tho, could also be due to the increasing hygiene interventions and social isolation.

Testosterone definitely - not surprisingly - increased my capacity to exercise without feeling f*cked multiple days after which is a big success in my book.

Hi @milkboi , how would you compare the effects of thyroid vs TRT for improving exercise capacity? Thyroid has been super helpful but I am thinking about pulling the trigger on TRT.

OP
milkboi

milkboi

Hi @milkboi , how would you compare the effects of thyroid vs TRT for improving exercise capacity? Thyroid has been super helpful but I am thinking about pulling the trigger on TRT.

Let me put it that way: I didn't notice thyroid helping at all with exercise capacity whereas using testosterone has made a night and day difference.

cs3000

@milkboi how's your general immunity now? did you find anything had impact for this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals