Wagner83

Homo sapien is a different species. For example, one big difference is that homo sapien figured out how to cook starch. Other primate are still eating a 100% raw food diet.

Another difference is homo sapien have the ability to fast, while other primate can not make ketones, therefore they can't wander too far from the tropics.

:clapping:

Now you really cracked me up with that one, well done!

Wagner83

Well given the context of the forum and how a lot of people avoid starch, I do find it funny, it seems it was not meant as banter, that's ok I'm still glad to laugh.

DaveFoster

the person is hoping that if they get social status the stress will stop and there will be enough benefits to reverse the damage that the stress may have caused. So, maybe striving for success and status is the lesser of two evils. At least you have some chance of escaping the learned helplessness.
Absolutely. Feeling inferior is no fun.

I'd think it would be more direct; the media perpetuates comparisons to the wealthy, but in a local biosphere (say a community), a person will compare his or herself to their parents, friends, etc., which will mitigate the chronic feelings of inferiority.

By their nature, humans associate with people around their same social class, so even there, social standing results in cyclical periods of stress and accomplishment, rather than the chronic need to prove one's self that predominates at present.

Well given the context of the forum and how a lot of people avoid starch, I do find it funny, it seems it was not meant as banter, that's ok I'm still glad to laugh.

I read your comment as implying that my comment was not true.

Wagner83

No I found your comment genuinely funny in the context of this forum , as banter I thought it was excellent which does not mean it's not true.

DaveFoster

Fortunately most humans still have a very wide arrange of ways, -adjusted to the severity of each situation- to deal with some types of stress.
falling-down-original.jpg
What a great reference. Michael Douglas is the man.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals