Standing Against the Mandate

Peatful

I just sent it to a lawyer. He said that the definition in Black's Law Dictionary isn't relevant to the issue here.
How so. Did they extrapolate?

The lawyer I spoke with months ago (about suing our school board here) said this was indeed correct.

Birdie

How so. Did they extrapolate?

The lawyer I spoke with months ago (about suing our school board here) said this was indeed correct.
I think it has to do with which lawyer you ask. There are a lot of lawyers. But, it was hard to get him to say more that that it was ridiculous. I'll ask again.

Birdie

"There is a written definition somewhere and it doesn't depend on Blacks. It may not even use the word... The word mandate is never used except to describe what is written. " It will just say something like, "You must.... ".

The word mandate isn't used in an order, but people will start referring to the order as a mandate. "Some journalist probably."
My mind turns off but he went on to describe a lecture at Harvard with some notable from Oxford who talked about the meaning of words...

My take is that officials use the word order in an order. The word mandate isn't used in these orders by officials. Then, a journalist refers to the order as a mandate. So a lawyer might use the word in talking to us lay folk. But Blacks definition isn't key here because the order doesn't even use the word mandate.

David PS

It is not truly a mandate until the Supreme Court says its a mandate.

For me, the media has spun the Biden's decree for so long that it seems to be the law. But is is not. There are constitutional issues with his decree.

The TicTok video that started with the assertion that the historical basis of the word 'mandate' is controlling is wrong. The US is not Italy and the US Constitution supersedes everything else. My guess is that even Italy has abandoned old Roman law.

For now, just adopt a wait-and-see attitude.

skuabird

I hadn't noticed this post until now. I got a retail job in oct. They're trying to incentivize sharing vaccine status through raffles and such. If they show they're willing to fire the unvaxxed I'll try an exemption letter. It's not a big deal to just quit but I'm curious to see what they'll do.

Lejeboca

It is not truly a mandate until the Supreme Court says its a mandate.

For me, the media has spun the Biden's decree for so long that it seems to be the law. But is is not. There are constitutional issues with his decree.

The TicTok video that started with the assertion that the historical basis of the word 'mandate' is controlling is wrong. The US is not Italy and the US Constitution supersedes everything else. My guess is that even Italy has abandoned old Roman law.

For now, just adopt a wait-and-see attitude.

Yep.

Just to paraphrase what you, David, said:

I too haven't seen word "mandate" in the Executive Branch missives. They may call it an order, which is such only for the employees of the Executive Branch and not a law for everyone by any means.

For the meaning of words in the statutes/orders/decrees, first look in the same chapter (or preface) where they are defined for the scope just of that statute/order. If no definitions given then, look up a definition in the Black's Law (BL) dictionary. (I prefer the earlier editions , 2nd or 4th, which apparently are more expansive and have more case law to support the definitions.

Indeed, BL is not law in the States (and Fed). Laws are Constitutions, Statutes, and Case Law (i.e. decisions by higher courts).

N.B. I didn't notice in the tiktoc video that BL is being presented as "controlling law".

Birdie

Joe Rogan: "I'm Not Vaccinated, I'm Not Going To Get Vaccinated, I have Antibodies, It Doesn't Make Any Sense"​

Tyler Durden's Photo

Comedian says he will likely cancel upcoming shows due to vaccine mandates

Birdie

Standing against the mandate by moving to a free-er country or state: (Kinda funny)

Pedro Gonzalez, an editor at Chronicles magazine with populist views, proposed a transplant penalty in response to a viral Twitter thread from a man moving from the Bay Area to Miami, Florida, who criticized California's policies but was “apprehensive” about his destination’s “worse politics.”
“This guy is moving from California to Florida because he can't stand living in the mess that lib politics created and he *still* has the audacity to talk down to Floridians about their politics,” Gonzalez tweeted. “I support actively discriminating against transplants like this through legislation. They shouldn’t be able to vote for a period, and they should have to pay a tax for their sins.”

Rafe

A fire has erupted at Old Parliament House in Canberra where police have been called to the scene and several people have been evacuated from the building.
Thick black smoke is seen streaming from the front of the building.
A group of protesters gathered in the area but it is unclear as to whether they had anything to do with the blaze.

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/NeiVZ05sLEWF/

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/Ak4T4HaSUTTc/

Massive fire at South Africa parliament.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals