Smilies

Amazoniac said:
Lately, I'm becoming more convinced that a smiley after a phrase works as a label for a passive-agressive or sarcastic comment in here. At least most of the time.
Perhaps because they look so naive and childish, they mask the underlying conotation.. :lol:

The smiling smileys we have all tend to have a rather assholish subtlety if you will. I don't think this was the intention of the creator, but I can't personally bring myself to use them. I think it's the eyebrows. :) :P :clap: :thumbup: :wave: (you just wanna slap this one). That's just me though.

Unnecessary to create a thread for just this. Haha!
It wasn't me though..

Not mask, I meant contradict or release the tension built from an agressive comment, hence the passive-agressiveness.
Maybe narouz could help us out here, since he's the official etymologist around..

Such_Saturation said:
Amazoniac said:
Lately, I'm becoming more convinced that a smiley after a phrase works as a label for a passive-agressive or sarcastic comment in here. At least most of the time.
Perhaps because they look so naive and childish, they mask the underlying conotation.. :lol:

The smiling smileys we have all tend to have a rather assholish subtlety if you will. I don't think this was the intention of the creator, but I can't personally bring myself to use them. I think it's the eyebrows. :) :P :clap: :thumbup: :wave: (you just wanna slap this one). That's just me though.

:ss this one you have the patent
:lol: and :cool: are patent pending

Amazoniac said:
Unnecessary to create a thread for just this. Haha!
Well the other thread had already been :threadjack (points finger at self) and isn't as easily split. :mrgreen:

As for smilies, to each their own and only the person doing the smilie insertion knows for certain their motives. The rest is the opinion or judgement of others. :P

Westside PUFAs said:
We need more of them. More dancing ones. :partydance
If you find them we'll consider adding them to the collection ;)

:ss is named for such

Here's one we can name for you.

2124.gif

Westside PUFAs said:
Where do I find them? Is there a code that I send to you for the ones I like?
Yeah, grab the code and link and PM me. I just promised something I'm hoping I can deliver. Gotta clear it with the boss :lol:

I figure I can bribe him with this
You find them by using google and put in a word plus smiley and look at the images that come up.

You can look through here http://www.animateit.net/categories.php?cat_id=86 and here http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html for ones you like as well.

No promises and remember rule no. 1 ;)

Attachments

• chaplin.gif
    chaplin.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 540
Such_Saturation said:
I figure this is a potato:
www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-fruit1.gif
A rather pathetic green potato but yes, a potato. :lol:
I'm no good in Spanish so if you want it, you'll have to pm me the code and link.

Well I'm not a big fan of almidón...

I think it depends on which part (multiple personality) is activated. Either its an expression of commiseration, of connecting, or as a terminal punctuation mark, the opposite emotion/personality, that of "sticking to one's guns", regardless of how sokething might be taken.

Such_Saturation said:
Well I'm not a big fan of almidón...
No, you just do closet searches for them. :ss

:pillowfight

You might be overthinking the smilies.

Jackass. :smack

:shock: :twisted: :lol:

Note. They can also be aggressive-aggressive...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals