Is South America Really Better? (In terms of COVID vs. freedom)

OccamzRazer

Recently I've been looking at potential places to live in South America. Both Peru and Argentina look great.

But what about issues with mandatory vaccinations, masks, etc?

Just look at the info below, it sounds pretty terrible...definitely not an improvement over the US.

In Peru:
  • Peruvians, resident foreigners, and non-resident foreigners 12 years of age or older must present proof of being fully vaccinated 14 days prior to boarding at their point of origin. Peruvians, resident foreigners, and non-resident foreigners 12 years of age or older who are not fully vaccinated must present a molecular test with a negative result (within 72 hours)  prior to boarding an incoming flight to Peru, in accordance with current health regulations. Children under 12 years of age must only be asymptomatic prior to boarding an incoming flight to Peru.
  • From November 15, 2021, all passengers older than 18 years of age using commercial transportation to travel between provinces by land must present proof of vaccination to travel. If they are not fully vaccinated, they must present a molecular test with a negative result (within 72 hours)  prior to boarding their commercial transportation.
  • From December 10, 2021, in all provinces of Peru, adults over the age of 18 must show proof of vaccination to enter closed spaces (locations consisting of economic activity and/or places of worship). They may show their physical or virtual vaccination card demonstrating they have completed their COVID-19 vaccination. In the case of restaurants, masks can only be removed when eating or drinking.
  • Foreigners with temporary migratory status (tourists) should take into account that since August 20th, 2021, Peruvian Immigration has begun imposing the penalty fee of S/4.40 a day, for overstaying in the country.

In Chile (courtesy of a no-mind redditor, so read quickly lest you lose brain cells!) :

"Being from the United States, I’m connected to a lot of people here from there.

I’m going to share what my daily life is in a country that has specific mandates put in place to protect its citizens during a pandemic.

• In Chile, you have to do a temperature check to go indoors anywhere. Mandatory. Have a fever, you leave period.
  • You have to sanitize your hands with gel everywhere you enter indoors or even outdoor locations where there are people such as patios and outdoor dining.
  • There is a glass separator at nearly every store or cafe between the cashier and the customer.
  • They spray and wipe down the credit card machine after each use in many places I go, and I’m literally touching it me button, “confirm” when I waive my chip card cee the censor.
  • Everyone wears masks, everywhere. They are mandatory. People do not have rants about wearing them because they understand that public health comes first.
  • The country operates with neighborhoods in phases based on the virus statistics. For instance, I live in Las Condes and the neighborhood might be in Phase 1. This means total lockdown except for those who request permission to leave the house…such as store owners who NEED to be there to serve the people and survive. Meanwhile, I live close to the neighborhood of Viticura which might be in Phase 2, meaning they are open from 6am-9pm on Monday to Friday. And another neighborhood might be in Phase 3 where the area is open every day from 6am-9pm. For all (3) phases, it’s a 9-10pm curfew.
  • When a neighborhood advances to a higher Phase, they downgrade if the number of cases in a neighborhood rise. I’ve made it to Phase 3 multiple times since Feb 2020 and returned to Phase 1.
  • The 6am joggers might take their masks them down when running from time to time, but the masks are still on both ears ready to pull up if they approach people.
  • If you see someone WITHOUT a mask, it’s a child and I’d say still, 95% of kids wear masks, as Alexander did when I used to see him. You never see someone without a mask and if someone has it down, it’s because they are talking on the phone as they haven’t grasped that you can wear a mask and speak at the same time. It’s likely because Chilean Spanish makes Louisiana bayou English sound like Shakespeare.
  • Any food delivery comes wrapped in plastic in addition to the standard box. Not great for the environment, but it’s a small current sacrifice. For instance, a few weeks ago I got a box of 6 Dunkin donuts (yes, Californians, they had Dunkin here before they reached LA) and it came in the Dunkin box, but wrapped in plastic.
  • 100% of my court trials have been on Zoom since February 2020. There is no in-person court now.
  • Even when neighborhoods are Phase 3 and everything is open, the office buildings are still empty. Why? Because just because you can go out, doesn’t mean you should. If you can do your job remotely, there is no need to put others at risk. Companies support this for the most part as there are (3) 25-story office beholding next to mine.
  • Craving a night out to eat or a date night? No worries! When it’s Phase 2, you’ve got Monday to Friday to go out, outdoor seating primarily. In Phase 3, it’s all week! With the 9pm or 10pm curfew, it’s a 95% close ratio that your date will come home with you. Win win.
  • When at a restaurant, the tables are at least 6 feet apart. In many cases when there is the space, there’s even more separation.
  • Vaccinations: 70% of the nations population…not those above 12 years, but the entire population, is vaccinated. For perspective, the US is only 70% of the adult population. Nobody says they chose not to get vaccinated, because it’s common sense from the science that a vaccination will decrease your risk of hospitalization if you get the virus and limit the effects of the symptoms. You can even chose your vaccination if need be as there are ample for the entire population and they have begun producing them here. For instance, since I plan to travel to the US and Europe, I walked in one day for Pfizer. No issues.
  • Chile has a digital vaccination passport, so if you get stopped during a lower Phase, you just show them the QR code for scanning. The same passport is used for traveling as proof or vaccination. No paper “library card” system like it’s the 1970’s. Why have it? Because it’s your mobility oss, so you can leave the house during a lower phase without a permit.
  • The borders are closed to all but Chilean residents. So if you are a chilean abroad, you can fly back. If you’re a person living in Chile with a temporary or permanent visa, you can leave and come back as well.
  • When anyone enters Chile, regardless of their status as citizen or resident, there is a mandatory quarantine period at a hotel. Why? Because if you’ve contracted Covid, you’re bot supposed to be walking out and about, infecting others. Period.
  • Worth noting, that if you get sick for some reason because you weren’t following everything from above, there is free national healthcare for those without private insurance. From what I’ve seen, the national healthcare is still better than rural US private care.
But because of the system of protections listed above, the country is not facing the same hospital bed crisis that third-world places like Florida, Louisiana and Texas are facing."

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Also: does anyone here live in Chile, Peru, or Argentina?

How is the COVID fiasco firsthand? Are official policies actually enforced?

Logan-

Perry Staltic

But because of the system of protections listed above, the country is not facing the same hospital bed crisis that third-world places like Florida, Louisiana and Texas are facing."

lol what you showed for Chile and Peru sounds pretty 3rd world to me. US hospitals are short-staffed because they fire HCW who don't get the clot shot.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Thanks for the resource, Logan!

I read through it and didn't see much about S. American vaccination or COVID regulations, tho. Do you know anything about these topics?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

lol what you showed for Chile and Peru sounds pretty 3rd world to me. US hospitals are short-staffed because they fire HCW who don't get the clot shot.
Sorry not sure what your point is...

The second half of my post was a quote by some redditor who seemed to have lost his critical thinking abilities in 1st grade.

Regardless of his mental limitations, tho, his testimony regarding the state of Chile was insightful and seems contrary to what people here think of South America's freedoms.

Perry Staltic

Sorry not sure what your point is...

The second half of my post was a quote by some redditor who seemed to have lost his critical thinking abilities in 1st grade.

Regardless of his mental limitations, tho, his testimony regarding the state of Chile was insightful and seems contrary to what people here think of South America's freedoms.

Oh, sorry. I thought that was your comment after the commenter's bullet list

tankasnowgod

Just look at the info below, it sounds pretty terrible...definitely not an improvement over the US.
I don't know why you would think of leaving The Republic during this very obvious World Tyrannical Takeover attempt. We have more ways to oppose to Tyrannical Governments here (including our own), than any other people on Earth. It's just that most people here don't even know what their rights are, and foolishly contract a lot of those rights away (but you can reclaim them).

I think it's far better to spend that time learning about some of the processes used by the Patriot Community, rather than looking at countries that offer you a worse deal (which all but possibly tiny, little known countries will offer).

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Looks like Argentina is out...

This is a longer version of the same video where Schwab is bragging how he has his pupils in governments all around the globe.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoBRnrtX9U4&t=4070s

So the video is from 2017 and he also speaks of Argentina (btw as you know a whole lot of Nazis happily fled there after WWII) and already in 2018 they apparently passed a new law making vaccines free and mandatory.

Argentina Senate Approves New Law Making Vaccines Free and Mandatory

"According to the new law: “Vaccination is of national interest and we understand that research, epidemiological surveillance, decision making based on evidence, acquisition, storage, distribution and provision of vaccines, ensuring the cold chain, as well as its production, is highly important."

Now vaccines and their application are free and mandatory, totally provided by the government in all stages of life. Being vaccinated will be necessary and required for procedures such as entry and exit of the school system every year, processing or renewal of ID, passports, residence, medical procedures for work, prenuptial certificates, and driver's licenses, as well as for the processing of family allowances."

Herbie

I don't know why you would think of leaving The Republic during this very obvious World Tyrannical Takeover attempt. We have more ways to oppose to Tyrannical Governments here (including our own), than any other people on Earth. It's just that most people here don't even know what their rights are, and foolishly contract a lot of those rights away (but you can reclaim them).

I think it's far better to spend that time learning about some of the processes used by the Patriot Community, rather than looking at countries that offer you a worse deal (which all but possibly tiny, little known countries will offer).
Do you have favourable states? For people who don’t live in the USA. Republic states in general or?

tankasnowgod

Do you have favourable states? For people who don’t live in the USA. Republic states in general or?
Of course there are more favorable states. Florida has been largely a star, thanks to Governor Ron DeSantis, who has been calling out the nonsense related to Covid since May of 2020. The "Red" states tend to be better in this regard, but there's obviously differences between them. Even a "Blue" state like California has areas that aren't so bad in this respect, like Orange County, and most of the areas outside of huge metro areas. Although people were leaving NY/CA/IL before the Covid nonsense began, as many of these states (especially the big cities) were becoming harder and worse places to live. I certainly wouldn't move to New York, for example.

Herbie

Of course there are more favorable states. Florida has been largely a star, thanks to Governor Ron DeSantis, who has been calling out the nonsense related to Covid since May of 2020. The "Red" states tend to be better in this regard, but there's obviously differences between them. Even a "Blue" state like California has areas that aren't so bad in this respect, like Orange County, and most of the areas outside of huge metro areas. Although people were leaving NY/CA/IL before the Covid nonsense began, as many of these states (especially the big cities) were becoming harder and worse places to live. I certainly wouldn't move to New York, for example.
Thank you for replying

soul_rebel

Not sure where people get the idea that Latin America is “freer”. It’s not and a lot less free than the USA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals