Skin

Razvan

Hey guys , I want to know if someone improved their skin following ray peat and I would like to know what’s the best diet to have flawless acne free skin. I noticed that since I follow ray peat my face is skinny as **** even tho I gained some weight. On the contrary when I was on the carnivore diet I weighted less but my face was more chubby and youthful. Why? Please help I really want to find a perfect diet for me.

Inspired

Forget the diet. Just use tretinoin cream. That will get rid of your acne quickly.

Inspired

Do you have acne?

You are basically saying that you looked healthier, and had a fuller face when you did the carnivore diet. Now you are on a Peat diet, have gained weight, but your face is skinnier.

Is it skin or facial fullness, or both? Need more specifics.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Do you have acne?

You are basically saying that you looked healthier, and had a fuller face when you did the carnivore diet. Now you are on a Peat diet, have gained weight, but your face is skinnier.

Is it skin or facial fullness, or both? Need more specifics.

Since ray peat I’m bigger because of the glycogen and I ate a lot ; I gained some weight and some muscle but my face is more gaunt , with less fat , unhealthy looking and with sunken eyes . When I was on the carnivore my skin was perfect with no acne and much more healthier but my body was smaller because of less glycogen. Thank you

redsun

Since ray peat I’m bigger because of the glycogen and I ate a lot ; I gained some weight and some muscle but my face is more gaunt , with less fat , unhealthy looking and with sunken eyes . When I was on the carnivore my skin was perfect with no acne and much more healthier but my body was smaller because of less glycogen. Thank you

Let me guess, you probably started to severely limit quality animal protein? Seems to be the big theme with carnivores going Peat. B6, Zinc, and high protein diet from quality sources like organs, eggs, steaks will help the acne. Liver, eggs, seafood, beat milk as a protein source everytime. I had virtually no acne on carnivore when I did as well, got some on Peat, then got rid of it again by increasing meat intake.

Carb intake also increases androgens and metabolism and can deplete vitamins and minerals quicker. That's why especially for the acne prone, lots of nutrient dense protein which helps the liver detox and operate properly are paramount.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Let me guess, you probably started to severely limit quality animal protein? Seems to be the big theme with carnivores going Peat. B6, Zinc, and high protein diet from quality sources like organs, eggs, steaks will help the acne. Liver, eggs, seafood, beat milk as a protein source everytime. I had virtually no acne on carnivore when I did as well, got some on Peat, then got rid of it again by increasing meat intake.

Carb intake also increases androgens and metabolism and can deplete vitamins and minerals quicker. That's why especially for the acne prone, lots of nutrient dense protein which helps the liver detox and operate properly are paramount.
I don’t know dude , I’m becoming crazy, today I tried eating only beef, liver , and butter and I felt much better , skin seems whiter and face seems more healthier and not looking gaunt anymore. Man I really don’t know what to believe anymore .

redsun

I don’t know dude , I’m becoming crazy, today I tried eating only beef, liver , and butter and I felt much better , skin seems whiter and face seems more healthier and not looking gaunt anymore. Man I really don’t know what to believe anymore .

Incorporate quality animal proteins like liver and beef, eggs alongside potatoes and fruit and other high quality carb sources. Best of both worlds. Limit fats and focus primarily on protein and carbs.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Incorporate quality animal proteins like liver and beef, eggs alongside potatoes and fruit and other high quality carb sources. Best of both worlds. Limit fats and focus primarily on protein and carbs.

So there’s no problem if I eat no diary and get my protein from beef and liver? Quality carbs sources are potatoes? Can you give me the best options? And why low fat ? Don’t you think that low fat will cause acne and gaunt face?

redsun

So there’s no problem if I eat no diary and get my protein from beef and liver? Quality carbs sources are potatoes? Can you give me the best options? And why low fat ? Don’t you think that low fat will cause acne and gaunt face?

Well it depends what kind of gaunt we are talking about. Switching to carbs as the main fuel source will reduce edema in the face and will "dry out" the face as well as the rest of the body because of increased dopamine, decreased estrogen and serotonin. This is generally a good thing.

Low fat doesnt increase acne, I have personal experience with that. My skin looks the best on low fat tbh as long as I consume enough quality animal protein and carbs that provide plenty of vitamins and minerals. Low fat means high carb, and high carb feeds thyroid, increases androgens, decrease estrogen and catabolic hormones.

The reality is very few people do well with dairy. I used to follow the 2g calcium a day mantra which means tons of dairy, went pretty poorly for me. Many others here have found they do poorly with dairy.

Tubers like potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams are the best starches for carbs. I only eat regular potatoes personally and jasmine rice occasionally. Tropical fruits which are higher in micronutrients than other fruits are good carb(sugar) sources... think orange, pineapple, banana, mangoes.

redsun

Also if you still would like to meet daily calcium requirements or even want to get 2g calcium a day, consider a calcium supplement.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Well it depends what kind of gaunt we are talking about. Switching to carbs as the main fuel source will reduce edema in the face and will "dry out" the face as well as the rest of the body because of increased dopamine, decreased estrogen and serotonin. This is generally a good thing.

Low fat doesnt increase acne, I have personal experience with that. My skin looks the best on low fat tbh as long as I consume enough quality animal protein and carbs that provide plenty of vitamins and minerals. Low fat means high carb, and high carb feeds thyroid, increases androgens, decrease estrogen and catabolic hormones.

The reality is very few people do well with dairy. I used to follow the 2g calcium a day mantra which means tons of dairy, went pretty poorly for me. Many others here have found they do poorly with dairy.

Tubers like potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams are the best starches for carbs. I only eat regular potatoes personally and jasmine rice occasionally. Tropical fruits which are higher in micronutrients than other fruits are good carb(sugar) sources... think orange, pineapple, banana, mangoes.

Thank you for your time
I don’t know man maybe I just need to try it out with more animal protein because I was eating the protein only from calcium so that’s why. Also maybe I should not eat table sugar or sodas because I think they give me inflammation and so acne and dandruff.

What do you consider a good percentage of macros , consider that i’ m trying to bulk.
Maybe 60 % carbs 20% protein 20% fat ? And what do you think of aspirin , should I take it bro ?

redsun

Thank you for your time
I don’t know man maybe I just need to try it out with more animal protein because I was eating the protein only from calcium so that’s why. Also maybe I should not eat table sugar or sodas because I think they give me inflammation and so acne and dandruff.

What do you consider a good percentage of macros , consider that i’ m trying to bulk.
Maybe 60 % carbs 20% protein 20% fat ? And what do you think of aspirin , should I take it bro ?

Are you there ?

Weird... swore I sent the post yesterday.

Yeh that explains a lot then. Protein mainly from dairy sources can cause problems. Yeh that macro set up is good. Aspirin has its uses. I just use occasionally if I feel bad for whatever reason, really helps you function.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Weird... swore I sent the post yesterday.

Yeh that explains a lot then. Protein mainly from dairy sources can cause problems. Yeh that macro set up is good. Aspirin has its uses. I just use occasionally if I feel bad for whatever reason, really helps you function.

Ok bro i will try this plan see how I will be, if even this doesn’t work I will go back to eat only meat liver and butter.
My plan is to get almost 4000 calories
Carbs : 65 % from rice , potatoes , oranges and bananas. No added sugar , no sodas ect
Protein 20%: Beef, liver and some seafood without Pufa like shrimp and sometimes eggs.No dairy
Fat 15% or even lower: only from the fat of meats, not really added fats.

It’s alright no?

redsun

Ok bro i will try this plan see how I will be, if even this doesn’t work I will go back to eat only meat liver and butter.
My plan is to get almost 4000 calories
Carbs : 65 % from rice , potatoes , oranges and bananas. No added sugar , no sodas ect
Protein 20%: Beef, liver and some seafood without Pufa like shrimp and sometimes eggs.No dairy
Fat 15% or even lower: only from the fat of meats, not really added fats.

It’s alright no?

65% of 4000 calories will be 650 carbs so just keep that in mind. Some find it very hard to eat that many carbs but if you can do thats fine. Otherwise you might do better with a bit higher fat macro to keep calories as long as the fats are proper fats and non PUFA.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

65% of 4000 calories will be 650 carbs so just keep that in mind. Some find it very hard to eat that many carbs but if you can do thats fine. Otherwise you might do better with a bit higher fat macro to keep calories as long as the fats are proper fats and non PUFA.

I know right ,it gets hard to eat up to 650 grams of carbs a day , maybe I will up a little the fats.
Fats like what ? Butter and coconut Oil no?
What do you think of olive oil ? I have homemade olive oil at home.

redsun

I know right ,it gets hard to eat up to 650 grams of carbs a day , maybe I will up a little the fats.
Fats like what ? Butter and coconut Oil no?
What do you think of olive oil ? I have homemade olive oil at home.

Any non PUFA fats like butter, coconut oil, dairy fats, animal fats like fatty beef, beef tallow... Olive oil is ok.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Than
Any non PUFA fats like butter, coconut oil, dairy fats, animal fats like fatty beef, beef tallow... Olive oil is ok.[/QUOT
Any non PUFA fats like butter, coconut oil, dairy fats, animal fats like fatty beef, beef tallow... Olive oil is ok.

Thank you brother for your help. One last question and than I’m done, do I have to eat the carbs every meal or how do I eat them during the day ? Only after workout ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals