Sugar And Skin Aging

Orion

I thought I would reduce potatoes to once a day

Potatoes are a great source of protein and carbs, just make sure to cook them very well, 1hr. Have with some coconut oil, salt. Eating/drinking some sugar with them will help with the pure glucose insulin response.

OP
A

andy

Is that 1,5-2 cups of white sugar.Wow. My sleep is definitely connected so carbs .I have started to have more potatoes ,got some grape juice,apple juice(have to be careful my hands don't go cold if have too much fluid)Obviously don't want belly fat so hope increasing my white sugar does not make me get a belly because only a short guy.My doctor put me on a weeks supply of penicillin (due to sinus infection)Has helped my bloating I think.I am taking about 8 grams of calcium ascorbate to help with colds etc.Is this a good thing?Supplements I take are 400iu vitamin e,100mg pregnenolone every 3 days,5mg dhea every 3 days,small amount of k2 everyday,150mg magnesium citrate everyday,15mg zinc everyday and 150mcg as kelp tablet every day per meal.1 tablet of hcl per meal.2-3 tbsp. of coconut oil everyday.Have stopped the EPO (was taking 3 g a day for skin health)and am now eating lambs liver 2 times a week.Will start with 1 tsp of coffee a day (hope it does not make me jittery)Will definitely start eating a lot more white sugar and mentally try to forget all the stuff I have read about suagar being aging and damaging to skin.Forgot to mention I am also taking 10g of glycine a day.Protein is from chicken,2 eggyolks,3 cups milk,2 scoops of whey protein powder and sometimes white fish.I do get cravings for ginger biscuits but paul jaminet says wheat very bad and damaging to thyroid.

Orion

Is that 1,5-2 cups of white sugar.Wow. My sleep is definitely connected so carbs .I have started to have more potatoes ,got some grape juice,apple juice(have to be careful my hands don't go cold if have too much fluid)Obviously don't want belly fat so hope increasing my white sugar does not make me get a belly because only a short guy.My doctor put me on a weeks supply of penicillin (due to sinus infection)Has helped my bloating I think.I am taking about 8 grams of calcium ascorbate to help with colds etc.Is this a good thing?Supplements I take are 400iu vitamin e,100mg pregnenolone every 3 days,5mg dhea every 3 days,small amount of k2 everyday,150mg magnesium citrate everyday,15mg zinc everyday and 150mcg as kelp tablet every day per meal.1 tablet of hcl per meal.2-3 tbsp. of coconut oil everyday.Have stopped the EPO (was taking 3 g a day for skin health)and am now eating lambs liver 2 times a week.Will start with 1 tsp of coffee a day (hope it does not make me jittery)Will definitely start eating a lot more white sugar and mentally try to forget all the stuff I have read about suagar being aging and damaging to skin.Forgot to mention I am also taking 10g of glycine a day.Protein is from chicken,2 eggyolks,3 cups milk,2 scoops of whey protein powder and sometimes white fish.I do get cravings for ginger biscuits but paul jaminet says wheat very bad and damaging to thyroid.

Great feedback!

Yep ~2cups sugar per day, I eat zero starch and aim for zero fat, 135g protein from milk and 0% fat pressed dry cottage cheese, trying this for at least 2 more months, first month has shown awesome results. Attempting to lower stored PUFA as much as possbile.

I thought extra fluids would be detrimental as while, but OJ/juice/milk is not like drinking plain water, the minerals/salts balance this, I have no extra urine output. Raising metabolism raises your amount of evaporation to remove extra liquids. Extra canning salt and 1tsp baking soda in juice will help as well.

Belly fat, fat on upper back is caused by cortisol, which can be raised when eating too much starch and muscle meats, starting the high insulin stress response to keep blood sugar stable. PUFA lowering the metabolism and calorie requirements intake greatly increasing these effects. Milk and sugar will decease belly fat by driving down the stress hormones, I am seeing this at only 1 month.

RP think that calcium carbonate(egg shell) is the safest calcium to supp with, I would stop the ascorbate. Also he doesn't think the citrate mineral forms are good. coffee and OJ will provide good magnesium. epsom salt baths, or a magnesium chloride spray for body is another option.

RP is wary of kelp products, excess iodine is not good for the thyroid gland.

Lots of sugar will help with the caffeine jitters

Glycine is very protective. Taurine is liver protective as well.

Chicken provides lots of PUFA and tryptophan, whey provides lots of tryptophan, you want to avoid excesses of this, low metabolism converts tryptophan to serotonin, this is not good.

Beef and lamb, ruminant meats and gelatinous broths are best. Eggs are good if pastured, eat commercial eggs minimally, lots of PUFA

Increasing 3cups milk to 8cups milk would be good. Skim milk in the beginning should be helpful, as you heal, you can increase fat.

White non-oily fish would be best, fish head soup or stock can provide natural thyroid and vitamin A.

OP
A

andy

Thanks for that advice.I am slowly starting to increase my white sugar.When my hands start feeling cold I take that as an indication that I need to add more sugar into diet.Tried pure purple grape juice but starts to give me spots.I will also try to reduce starch.when I did start to have more milk (more than 3 cups) I started to sometimes get very loose stools.(mind you I was also having a lot of potatoes as well)I really like cottage cheese but it seems to cause constipation(and that then results in bloating)someone suggested if I can't take the raw carrot then psyllium husks(1 tablespoon a day)is quite good.Have started to read a lot more of Ray and I am hooked.very interesting.Quite worried about adding salt to diet(although does warm my hands when have half a teaspoon with meal)cheers

Orion

Thanks for that advice.I am slowly starting to increase my white sugar.When my hands start feeling cold I take that as an indication that I need to add more sugar into diet.Tried pure purple grape juice but starts to give me spots.I will also try to reduce starch.when I did start to have more milk (more than 3 cups) I started to sometimes get very loose stools.(mind you I was also having a lot of potatoes as well)I really like cottage cheese but it seems to cause constipation(and that then results in bloating)someone suggested if I can't take the raw carrot then psyllium husks(1 tablespoon a day)is quite good.Have started to read a lot more of Ray and I am hooked.very interesting.Quite worried about adding salt to diet(although does warm my hands when have half a teaspoon with meal)cheers

Yes to listening to RP, lots of interviews in the resources section, he will convince you of the necessity of salt and why excess starch in a hypo person is not good. Salt helps you retain magnesium which is vital for thyroid function.

I had loose stools in beginning too, and within a week calmed down. RP mentions that new foods or diet approach can take the intestines a week or two to adapt properly.

I think the psyllium husk would be very damaging to the intestines and not recommended, make things worse in the long run. You could add cooked mushrooms (2hrs), they are very antibiotic, great protein source, and very good fiber for the colon.

OP
A

andy

Thanks orion.I have cut off the oils and having fat only from chocolate .skin is drying out on face a little .will just keep having liver (2 times week)and 2 eggyolks a day to hope it helps.You seem to know your stuff about diet quite well.Have started to increase my milk and will try cottage cheese again.I do think this diet may be problematic in social conditions sometimes. but what the hell .Health before all else I suppose.!

Orion

Thanks orion.I have cut off the oils and having fat only from chocolate .skin is drying out on face a little .will just keep having liver (2 times week)and 2 eggyolks a day to hope it helps.You seem to know your stuff about diet quite well.Have started to increase my milk and will try cottage cheese again.I do think this diet may be problematic in social conditions sometimes. but what the hell .Health before all else I suppose.!

All the knowledge is from RP :)

Ya its hard not to get trapped by diet. In the short term following low PUFA and milk/OJ approach you can do a lot of quick healing. You will then be able to handle social situation with lots of PUFA and processed junk. Once metabolism is running optimal, you should be able to tolerate lots of foods. Keeping milk, juice, sugar, salt, fruit, potatoes, gelatin, shellfish, ruminant cuts, etc as your core nutrition shouldn't be too hard.

I just past 4 weeks zero fat and skin is looking better and better.

OP
A

andy

I am eagerly reading a lot of the Peat stuff.What I have found out is my cold hands are definitely I think hypo.I do think Andrew kim was right when he said starch not great.When I did have lots of sugar my skin definitely becomes clearer(that's assuming I am not having potatoes) and hands warmer.Massive problem is I have found I am holding on to water .I know this because when I start to cut down sugar and have potatoes(my bowel movements go up) but boy do I urinate a lot at night .After a couple of days I loose my belly bloat and look thin again.All that sugar seems to bloat me up (holding water) BUT my hands stay warmer longer and sleep better.I hope my body adapts eventually.Milk probably causes some of the bloat as well but I will just keep having.I do hope I get to the stage when my hands are always warm

EIRE24

I am eagerly reading a lot of the Peat stuff.What I have found out is my cold hands are definitely I think hypo.I do think Andrew kim was right when he said starch not great.When I did have lots of sugar my skin definitely becomes clearer(that's assuming I am not having potatoes) and hands warmer.Massive problem is I have found I am holding on to water .I know this because when I start to cut down sugar and have potatoes(my bowel movements go up) but boy do I urinate a lot at night .After a couple of days I loose my belly bloat and look thin again.All that sugar seems to bloat me up (holding water) BUT my hands stay warmer longer and sleep better.I hope my body adapts eventually.Milk probably causes some of the bloat as well but I will just keep having.I do hope I get to the stage when my hands are always warm
It is the opposite for me, My skin becomes clearer with starch

Orion

Water retention, puffiness and urinating at night means you need a lot more salt. Really up your salt, it takes a few days for your body to get used to it, but will help immensely. Salt will help you retain magnesium, potassium, and calcium.

Try to increase to 0.5 - 1TBsp (7-15g), salt your food and your milk. Hypothyroid people lose a lot of salt.

I use about 7g per day on average.

Orion

It is the opposite for me, My skin becomes clearer with starch

Starch will increase insulin, which would increase cortisol to stabilize blood sugar. Cortisol could be masking the inflammation, but keeping you hypo. I don't think starch will help acne in the long run if someone has significant PUFA stores and is estrogen dominant from being hypo.

EIRE24

Starch will increase insulin, which would increase cortisol to stabilize blood sugar. Cortisol could be masking the inflammation, but keeping you hypo. I don't think starch will help acne in the long run if someone has significant PUFA stores and is estrogen dominant from being hypo.
Well this is a load of ***t as my thyroid levels are absolutely perfect. I think you should stop generalising all the time

Orion

Well this is a load of ***t as my thyroid levels are absolutely perfect. I think you should stop generalising all the time

Thyroid level measurements are generalized, RP thinks they don't really help or mean much. He does think the TSH can be useful, is your TSH below 0.4?

Orion

It sure is

Interesting, just listened to a RP interview and he talked about cortisol/adrenaline being able to drive TSH down to below 0.3. Also high cortisol will turn T4 in reverse T3.

I guess its best to go by old school temps and pulse, and maybe the achilles tendon reflex test.

Curious, are your temps and pulse at or above 80-90BPM and 98.2 degrees, during waking hours?

OP
A

andy

No my pulse is about 68 BPM and not really done temps.My hands are usually VERY cold in winter and maybe also because I don't have much fat on hands ie very thin hands. I have put some weight on over the years(about 1 stone ) but feel have gone fat in middle.What is VERY annoying is that I love milk(semi) and drink 3 large glasses a day(I think it does slow my bowel movements which leads to the bloating)did do the mushrooms but not really solve the issue.What I have found as I mentioned previously is if I cut off the milk and white sugar and chocolate and stick to paul jaminets recommendations of the perfect health diet(using potatoes as carb source) and having 3 tins of mackerel a week as well (also veg and no fruit juices) then my bowels start to work and my belly also looks very flat.Paul recommends a lot of saturated fat and I eat a lot of coconut oil when on the perfect health diet.The downsides are that eventually my depression creeps up and my skin definitely starts looking older.When I go back to milk and white sugar and peat stuff my mood goes up (as well as libido) but I start to look fat(from constipation)and I know I then hold onto a lot of water.I know this because when switch over the diet to PHD I then urinate at night a lot which to me means I am loosing all the water I have held on to.This is really getting me down.Also I have found that if I have NO evening primrose oil then this also makes me very depressed.soon as I have the EPO(usually 3 g) then my skin gets moist and my mood lifts.What is going on.I know Chris Masterjohn differs in his view from RP about fats but he says the only essential fats are DHA and ARACHIDONIC ACID.He also says lack of these can lead to mental issues.Is he correct I wonder.cheers.

EIRE24

No my pulse is about 68 BPM and not really done temps.My hands are usually VERY cold in winter and maybe also because I don't have much fat on hands ie very thin hands. I have put some weight on over the years(about 1 stone ) but feel have gone fat in middle.What is VERY annoying is that I love milk(semi) and drink 3 large glasses a day(I think it does slow my bowel movements which leads to the bloating)did do the mushrooms but not really solve the issue.What I have found as I mentioned previously is if I cut off the milk and white sugar and chocolate and stick to paul jaminets recommendations of the perfect health diet(using potatoes as carb source) and having 3 tins of mackerel a week as well (also veg and no fruit juices) then my bowels start to work and my belly also looks very flat.Paul recommends a lot of saturated fat and I eat a lot of coconut oil when on the perfect health diet.The downsides are that eventually my depression creeps up and my skin definitely starts looking older.When I go back to milk and white sugar and peat stuff my mood goes up (as well as libido) but I start to look fat(from constipation)and I know I then hold onto a lot of water.I know this because when switch over the diet to PHD I then urinate at night a lot which to me means I am loosing all the water I have held on to.This is really getting me down.Also I have found that if I have NO evening primrose oil then this also makes me very depressed.soon as I have the EPO(usually 3 g) then my skin gets moist and my mood lifts.What is going on.I know Chris Masterjohn differs in his view from RP about fats but he says the only essential fats are DHA and ARACHIDONIC ACID.He also says lack of these can lead to mental issues.Is he correct I wonder.cheers.
How do you take the evening primrose?

Orion

Calcium can slow bowel transit and magnesium can speed it up. Well cooked green leaves, OJ and coffee are good sources of magnesium, could try to add this daily. Have you tried raw carrot in between meals. Lots of extra salt should help with edema, along with potassium (OJ is good source). Salt will help you retain magnesium. RP recommends 2quarts milk with 1quart OJ frequently as advice.

Weight gain for people starting RP approach happens frequently, lots of threads on the forum about this. When running on stress hormones, you usually will have lots of FFA's and insulin resistance issues. Adding in lots of saturated fat and sugar, in the beginning before stress hormones start to decline, liver function improves and PUFA stores start to turnover will equate to weight gain. Small frequent feedings to keep stress hormones down, very low PUFA and protective things for the liver can help (caffeine, taurine, Vit A/D/E/K2, sugar for cholesterol, coconut oil, and thyroid).

With low pulse and temps, you could investigate trying desiccated thyroid. Starting at 1/8 grain and work up weekly, but you would need to track pulse and temps daily to gauge how you are reacting.

OP
A

andy

When taking Evening Primrose oil I take 3 capsules a day.Each capsule has 1 gram of oil.I cant remember the name of the book I read but the author was a psychologist/psychiatrist and found in her practice that the GLA from only EPO helped anxiety in certain patients but the GLA from Borage oil was ineffective.What I am a little worried about is that Ray seems to think all these oils are no good.I wonder how he would explain how certain people see mood enhancing effects from certain oils(not just temporarily but permanent and ongoing benefits)I have even asked friends how my skin appears with/without the oils and they all say it is more moist etc with oils.I am sticking with Ray but really would like to contact him. When I try the raw carrot is just seems to sit in my stomach and slow my stomach emptying.I will try Hcl to maybe help with this.Also when I have no potatoes my bowels stop working and massive constipation.I feel I will get there eventually.I do have a friend who keeps telling me sucrose will age the skin and has shown me some articles.Paul Jaminet and Masterjohn seem especially wary of the fructose side of sucrose.If someone has sucrose(table sugar) and they start to get bloated could this simply be indicative of that person just not being able to tolerate a lot of sugar or doses it simply mean that their body is not working correctly.I did have my salivary gland removed and wonder if this may be causing these problems .
Also Masterjohn point out visual problems if have low DHA.very interesting.when I have no oily fish my eyes get worse.Close up reading very hard .With one serving of mackerel my eyes get better.Also my memory feels sharper.I suppose you can see my confusion .If I am getting these benefits doesn't It means my body likes this stuff.?

Orion

RP has said PUFA will lower inflammation due to the PUFA suppressing the immune response, in the short term it seems very helpful and could lessen symptoms as your body is not in immune overdrive. Long term not something to do, body sees PUFA as poison and keeps accumulating it in your fat tissues. When under stress, like low blood sugar for example, the body will preferentially release the stored PUFA for energy and cause damage.

PUFA is bad for the eyes in the long run:

The transparency of life: Cataracts as a model of age-related disease
"Among the interesting causes of cataracts: Tamoxifen and hypotonic fluids, sodium deficiency; toxicity of tryptophan; oxidants (metals, hydrogen peroxide, PUFA); diabetes, photosensitizers and sunlight; excess calcium, deficient magnesium. Excess cortisol. Radiation. Arachidonic and linoleic acids in other situations have been found to block cells' regulation of their water content. Hypothyroidism tends to increase the activity of serotonin, estrogen, prolactin, calcium, and the tendency of tissues to retain water, and to decrease the level of ATP.

Among the factors that probably have a role in preventing cataracts: Thyroid, progesterone, pregnenolone, vitamin E, iodide, pyruvate. Increasing the carbon dioxide lowers the cell’s pH, and tends to resist swelling. Palmitic acid (a saturated fat that can be synthesized by our tissues) is normally oxidized by the lens. Calcium blockers experimentally prevent cataracts, suggesting that magnesium and thyroid (which also act to exclude calcium from cells) would have the same effect.

Thyroid hormone is essential for maintaining adequate carbon dioxide production, for minimizing lactic acid, cortisol and prolactin, for regulating calcium and magnesium, for avoiding hypotonicity of the body fluids, and for improving the ratio of palmitic acid to linoleic acid."

Tough decisions, this is the dichotomy of health, one side says fish/seed oil is manna, this forum might agree it is a food industry waste product turned into a billion dollar market.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals