Sugar And Skin Aging

amethyst

When I eat butter my skin becomes even more dry (although love the taste)If I eat lambs liver twice a week for vitamin A (use coffee to reduce iron) and skin still dry does this mean I may need a lot more vitamin A,Yes ideally I wouldl like to cut out pufa.When I do eat about 6 tablespoons of sugar(yes it does reduce anxiety) eventually my skin starts to get acne on chest and legs.What can this indicate?Thanks guys.
Natural Cocoa Butter is good and moisturizing for the skin. You can melt it down and put it on your skin. Or use in coffee. Get the organic kind though.

OP
A

andy

Interesting you mention hypothyroid .Along time ago I had a blood test and basically the doctor told me my thyroid is fine.Should I get tested by someone else.I forgot to mention that I did go through surgery for neck cancer and had radiotherapy.I think a lot of my problems started about a year later from the operation(radiotherapy is horrible and has left me with neck problems and tongue damage)I have always been a very light sleeper as a child and young adult with a lot of stress and worry problems.sometimes my hands get very cold (I have started to use ginger to help here)Very rarely will I get 8 hours sleep(always wake up to pee)As regards food I definitely get agitated if don't have sugar(usually as chocolate or tea with sugar)If my dry skin is from hypothyroid should I take a thyroid supplement and inform my doctor?Also what type of thyroid should I take?I will stop eating oily fish and stop taking the evening primrose oil.Also will start to increase my white sugar(to allow me to have more calories)If I take a b complex is it bad because it always has niacin in.Paul Jaminet from perfect health diet says it is bad(I take 250 mg niacinamide)I someone increases white sugar intake is it important to take the b complex?.cheers

Orion

Interesting you mention hypothyroid .Along time ago I had a blood test and basically the doctor told me my thyroid is fine.Should I get tested by someone else.I forgot to mention that I did go through surgery for neck cancer and had radiotherapy.I think a lot of my problems started about a year later from the operation(radiotherapy is horrible and has left me with neck problems and tongue damage)I have always been a very light sleeper as a child and young adult with a lot of stress and worry problems.sometimes my hands get very cold (I have started to use ginger to help here)Very rarely will I get 8 hours sleep(always wake up to pee)As regards food I definitely get agitated if don't have sugar(usually as chocolate or tea with sugar)If my dry skin is from hypothyroid should I take a thyroid supplement and inform my doctor?Also what type of thyroid should I take?I will stop eating oily fish and stop taking the evening primrose oil.Also will start to increase my white sugar(to allow me to have more calories)If I take a b complex is it bad because it always has niacin in.Paul Jaminet from perfect health diet says it is bad(I take 250 mg niacinamide)I someone increases white sugar intake is it important to take the b complex?.cheers

Sounds like hypothyroidism for sure, RP says the main issues are stored PUFA, eating PUFA and x-ray radiation is very damaging, but can be reversed with diet, and then try desiccated thyroid if needed. Milk will give you all the B vitamins if you drink 2l (2 quarts) per day. Small amounts of liver per week will give B vitamins, along with A,E,K. B complexes are not recommended because of excipients and individual vit totals are not the best.

Fixing your sleep should be the first priority, lots of milk protein, sugar and salt. Not being able to sleep deep through the night is due to liver not storing enough glycogen, so adrenaline/cortisol rise through the night to keep blood sugar stable, this causes light sleep, wakings, and need for urination sometimes.

I would really advise on listening to RP himself explain all this too you and you can by listening to some of his interviews, the are eye opening!

https://www.toxinless.com/kmud-080701-thyroid-and-polyunsaturated-fatty-acids.mp3
https://www.toxinless.com/kmud-080801-thyroid-metabolism-and-coconut-oil.mp3
https://www.toxinless.com/kmud-081201-cholesterol-is-an-important-molecule.mp3
https://www.toxinless.com/kmud-090401-thyroid-polyunsaturated-fats-and-oils.mp3
https://www.toxinless.com/kmud-100917-sugar-1.mp3
https://www.toxinless.com/kmud-101015-sugar-2.mp3
https://www.toxinless.com/kmud-101217-radiation.mp3

EIRE24

In Ray's fish oil article he talks about it "working" because it does lower inflammation (while suppressing the immune system and thyroid).

Also maybe the PUFA oil is lowering your nutrition requirements. I think vitamin A deficiency is linked to dry skin. So maybe it "works" because you need less. Have you tried increasing your A and see if that helps?
I've heard this too many times. I've done the vitamin A thing and it's actually made my skin worse in regards to being dry

Orion

I've heard this too many times. I've done the vitamin A thing and it's actually made my skin worse in regards to being dry

Vitamin A with thyroid and cholesterol are required to make all the protective steroids. Vitamin A and thyroid transport are blocked by PUFA in the blood almost completely according to RP.

Vitamin A never worked for me, but now on zero fat diet, appears to be doing what is should. Progesterone can be produced locally in the skin to oppose estrogen, and vitamin A is needed for this. Have you tried very low fat for a couple weeks?

EIRE24

Vitamin A with thyroid and cholesterol are required to make all the protective steroids. Vitamin A and thyroid transport are blocked by PUFA in the blood almost completely according to RP.

Vitamin A never worked for me, but now on zero fat diet, appears to be doing what is should. Progesterone can be produced locally in the skin to oppose estrogen, and vitamin A is needed for this. Have you tried very low fat for a couple weeks?
I'm doing it with the last year. My skin is worse now than in the beginning. I think it's pretty obvious I need fat in my diet and I'll keep up the vitamin A to see if it helps

OP
A

andy

Based on what orion mentioned about sleep I tried it last night.Had a large glass of milk (semi skimmed)about 5 tbsp. of white sugar and some grapes.WOW slept really well.Great dreams.This does really work.Hope this effect does not wear off.Will keep doing.Cant wait to get thyroid tested and hopefully start taking T3.I do eat liver but not found helps my skin dryness.Also may try low fat.Only problem is how to keep up the calories(probably just eat more white sugar I think)Will stop eating potatoes twice a day to 1 time a day.some great recommendations from you guys .will start to listen to ray on the interviews

schultz

How much do you take? Whenever I supplement vitamin A I always take vitamin D at the same time in a ratio of between 2:1 to 4:1 or so. So if I take 45,000IU vitamin A, then I take 15,000IU vitamin D. Vitamin K2 is important to have with A and D as well (you probably know this). I am under the impression A and D cannot do their job (or some of their job) without vitamin K2.

Based on what orion mentioned about sleep I tried it last night.Had a large glass of milk (semi skimmed)about 5 tbsp. of white sugar and some grapes.WOW slept really well.Great dreams.This does really work.Hope this effect does not wear off.Will keep doing.Cant wait to get thyroid tested and hopefully start taking T3.I do eat liver but not found helps my skin dryness.Also may try low fat.Only problem is how to keep up the calories(probably just eat more white sugar I think)Will stop eating potatoes twice a day to 1 time a day.some great recommendations from you guys .will start to listen to ray on the interviews

Amazing it had that effect on the first night. It sounds like T3 would really help you considering your history with radiation in the thyroid area.

If you're going to eat a lot of white sugar, make sure you get a lot of b vitamins especially (B1, B6), but also minerals as well. Why are you cutting down on potatoes? Potatoes are almost like a fruit and Ray has described them as being "almost a perfect food".

Orion

I am under the impression A and D cannot do their job (or some of their job) without vitamin K2.

All 3 together is better. RP mentions many times as well, that PUFA blocks vitamin A and thyroid very very well in the blood, it competes with transthyretin and blocks it.

So PUFA stores increasing in the western world, not eating sugar for cholesterol, equates to most people not be able to manufacture pregnenolone to get progesterone, DHEA, needed to oppose estrogen/cortisol.

Zero fat diet for 30 days depleted PUFA stores. Lots of threads on here about low PUFA cleanses.

Orion

Hopefully should improve, building up liver stores, will help to energize all your bodily functions.

Before starting T3, you should try diet, sugar and caffeine can really boost metabolism much like T3. Also you need to get your cholesterol above 200 before starting T3.

Caffeine start low and increase weekly, once coffee per day. My coffee consist of 1 cup skim milk, 3TBsp sugar, 1tsp instant coffee, 2tsp gelatin (I drink eight per day now)

RP says that roughly ~80% T4 is converted to T3 in the liver. This requires an energized liver, cholesterol above 200 and RP says selenium is a factor.

Extra sugar is the answer, either white or fruit/honey/juice. It will raise cholesterol and provide steady glucose to the liver. Maybe try displacing some fat with sugar for a few weeks and see how you feel.

Shellfish and liver weekly for selenium trace minerals. Drinking lots of milk provides alot of B vitamins. OJ is good for potassium and magnesium.

Having cholesterol over 200 would be protective. RP has mentioned studies were people were using vitamin A from 10k to 100k IU per day, the more used the less people had any type of health issue. Vitamin A is required with cholesterol to manufacture all your protective steroids (Pregnenolone, Progesterone, DHEA...). When taking vitamin A monitor temps and pulse, in higher doses it can make you hypothyroid, start low and increase. It would be something to try.

Potatoes are ok, but you should eat them with saturated fat and have some sugar before hand. They can drive insulin up quick, which will cause a stress response to stabilize blood sugar, this will use up stored liver glycogen.

Raw Carrot away from meals, but have some sugar before hand, it can lower blood sugar. Carrot will help to remove endotoxin, which is another serious burden on the liver.

I really recommend the interviews, it explains all this, and very pleasing to listen to Ray talk!

DaveFoster

Starch can cause acne, as it feeds bacteria, which can lead to SIBO and similar conditions.

sladerunner69

In his PUFA report paper he says the requirement for adults is very low. He does mention sugar but I think he mentions it because sugar increases your need for certain b vitamins (especially if the sugar contains no b vitamins itself) Here is a quote from the "PUFA report"

"Even on highly purified diets composed mostly of sugar, the requirement of young, growing animals for EFA from natural animal fats is less than 0.5 percent of calories. The need would be much lower on diets low in sugar and rich in vitamin B6; and in non-pregnant adults, the requirement is likely so low that it would be impossible to acquire a deficiency no matter
how strictly one tried avoiding PUFA so long as one consumed a mix of natural foods of animal and plant origin."

Personally, my PUFA is very low and my sugar intake is very high. My face is perfectly clear and is not dry or overly oily. I used to get the occasional blemish on my face before "Peating" but now it's very rare. I maybe get 1 a year lol.

As far as the wrinkles go, I'm too young to tell maybe (I'm 31 years old). I'll report back in 30 years.

LOLOLOLOL!!! Yep I be eagerly awaiting your response! But what are we gonna do when the interent is replaced by more advanced technology? Like a virtual reality infinity mall circuit where we all are particle transported and we walk around looking at different website stalls? How will I be able to recognize you in your silver-sleak electro saturn suit?

Peater Piper

Sugar certainly has the potential to increase aging. It really depends on how your body handles the fructose component.

New study: Human-relevant levels of added sugar consumption increase female mortality and lower male fitness in mice : Nature Communications
Human-relevant levels of added sugar consumption increase female mortality and lower male fitness in mice

False alarm or not?

Highly stressed mice lived shorter lives.

That's the study.

No control group? Wtf? They could have had an exactly identically treated group that were fed an ordinary diet. As a control. But they didn't. Huge experimenter bias is the reason. Proves nothing.

Orion

Highly stressed mice lived shorter lives.

That's the study.

No control group? Wtf? They could have had an exactly identically treated group that were fed an ordinary diet. As a control. But they didn't. Huge experimenter bias is the reason. Proves nothing.

Didn't see what fat content in diet either. Probably funded by seed oil lobby.

OP
A

andy

I thought I would reduce potatoes to once a day to help with constipation( which does bloat me up)However I think the lack of fibre has made me more constipated.Will start to eat another meal with potatoes.I can't eat the raw carrot as my tongue has been damaged and eating a raw carrot would take along time.All the sugar I am eating is making me warmer but I have noticed more acne appearing on my back.What to do?What is interesting is when I do have bowel movement my back pain gets less .very weird.

Orion

Magnesium can get the bowels moving; coffee, milk, OJ, boiled kale leaf broth

If carrot is not usable due to your tongue, is penicillin or tetracycline available from your physician or online ordering? Small doses over a week as been anecdotally reported to help with digestion issues. Lots of vitamin K and Haidut's Lapodin could be beneficial as well. Have you tried aspirin or anti-histamine? Small amounts of coconut oil though out the day will help.

When I increased sugar intake to 1.5-2 cups per day and went zero fat, my acne occurrences went up significantly, then after a week calmed down and started to heal rapidly. Very frequent meals of sugar turns off the stress hormones that you are dependent on and steers them to a more nominal level, allows for longer lasting liver glycogen stores. As oxidative metabolism increases it allows for PUFA to stay in storage and then be excreted via urine. Steering the stress hormones down and healing digestion lowers cortisol/adrenaline/estrogen/serotonin cycle which is were I think acne healing starts. Having cholesterol above 200 (sugar increases cholesterol), supplementing with vitamin A allows your liver to be energized which will convert T4 to T3. This helps with pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA production, your protective steroids. Low PUFA stores and low PUFA FFA's in the blood allows vitamin A and T4 to be transported properly. Vitamin A can act directly in skin cells to produce progesterone locally and oppose estrogen (I think this is critical in reducing acne and why so many people have success with retinoic acid gels/creams, delivers converted pure vitamin A (all-trans-retinoic acid) to your skin cells, which they and your body can use)

Just a reminder that things that increase oxidative metabolism; B1, B3, K2, lapodin, aspirin, caffeine, methylene blue, T3, require that you match that with increased sugar intake, if you do not, if will cause blood sugar crashes and turn up stress hormone production (panic attacks, anxiety, irritability...).

How is your sleep progressing? again another sign that liver glycogen stores are increasing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals