Wrinkles And Sagging Skin

M134

Hey everyone

I just wanted to quickly ask if anyone has noticed a reduction in their wrinkles/ improvement in skin elasticity with the Ray Peat diet? I was on low carb paleo before but I've noticed that although that diet results in a good figure, the same can't be said for the face so much.

Would love to know your experiences. If wrinkles worsened that would also be worth knowing too.

Thanks!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
M134 said:
Hey everyone

I just wanted to quickly ask if anyone has noticed a reduction in their wrinkles/ improvement in skin elasticity with the Ray Peat diet? I was on low carb paleo before but I've noticed that although that diet results in a good figure, the same can't be said for the face so much.

Would love to know your experiences. If wrinkles worsened that would also be worth knowing too.

Thanks!
I noticed an improvement in my skin after about 4 months. I had been on paleo for about 1.5 years prior to discovering Peat's work. I'm very pleased with the changes. I get compliments on my skin now and never experienced that before even when I routinely went for professional facials and such.

OP
M

M134

Wow that sounds encouraging. I wonder if other people have experienced the same thing.

Is pregnenolone meant to be applied topically? Has anyone had success using it? I should also mention I have rosacea, not sure if that changes things at all

SQu

I've had improvements too. Firmness, colour improved, it glows. when I look at older photos I don't like my colour, it was a bit dull. And there are folds there that are gone now. there were almost no wrinkles before, but it's better now, even fewer. I.had very slight rosacea signs, they've reversed too - broken veins, red veins in eyes, slight roughness to skin on nose. Gone. I believe pregnenolone is to be taken orally. I don't take it though so these improvements haven't relied on it. I notice better skin texture if you use niacinamide topically. It gets very smooth, like a child's. Skin has been a big winner on this approach, though it was not even on my list of things to fix. For context, I'm 50, always had good skin.
Maybe the things that were least 'broken' improve first.??

Mittir

Most visible experience is the major reduction in elbow wrinkles in recent months.
I noticed having this for last few years. Big changes i made in last several months are adding Niacinamide (100 mg X3) and monthly dose of D3 (100,000 IU= 3,330 IU daily).
My thyroid status has also significantly improved.

Hey everyone

Thanks!
Since "Peating" I don't burn in the sun anymore, and i am a natural blonde with brown eyes. Also most all of my luver spots have gone away and I had quite a few that had developed before "Peating". I am going on 58 and my skin has never looked better!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210406-134326_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-134326_Gallery.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20210406-134322_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-134322_Gallery.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 63

Vins7

I've had improvements too. Firmness, colour improved, it glows. when I look at older photos I don't like my colour, it was a bit dull. And there are folds there that are gone now. there were almost no wrinkles before, but it's better now, even fewer. I.had very slight rosacea signs, they've reversed too - broken veins, red veins in eyes, slight roughness to skin on nose. Gone. I believe pregnenolone is to be taken orally. I don't take it though so these improvements haven't relied on it. I notice better skin texture if you use niacinamide topically. It gets very smooth, like a child's. Skin has been a big winner on this approach, though it was not even on my list of things to fix. For context, I'm 50, always had good skin.
Maybe the things that were least 'broken' improve first.??
How did you fix your rosacea? How did you start eating when you improved your rosacea signos?