SIBO Treatment

jmparret

I have SIBO with lactose intolerance. I treated this with enteric-coated peppermint oil (ECPO) with great success. It only took a week before i could start eating dairy. I got this hint from this forum article

One 0.4 ml or g pill three times a day. I was amazed.

Now i have to get my digestive system working by taking lots of Bentaine HCL and Tudca. After i will start with the probiotics.

It has only been a couple of weeks and i have increased my salt and apple cider vinegar intake.

Always looking for input so any added comments are appreciated.

Joe

Mohraya

I have SIBO with lactose intolerance. I treated this with enteric-coated peppermint oil (ECPO) with great success. It only took a week before i could start eating dairy. I got this hint from this forum article

Now i have to get my digestive system working by taking lots of Bentaine HCL and Tudca. After i will start with the probiotics.

It has only been a couple of weeks and i have increased my salt and apple cider vinegar intake.

Joe
Hi Joe !

Thanks for sharing your experience with us ! What were your symptoms ?

OP
J

jmparret

usual lactose intolerance, eat dairy and hit the bathroom in 20 minutes unless you take lactase enzyme. The lactase enzyme is strange because some work better for the individual. Not sure but you have to try them until you get the right one.
Joe

LucH

Joe
Hi,
Here is how I deal with a recently installed SIBO / SIFO
Context:

It is an abnormal proliferation, bacterial and / or fungal, in the small intestine, causing multiple digestive and extra-digestive symptoms. Problems of intestinal hyperpermeability may be associated with this. When you have a methane sibo, the stagnation of materials in the large bowel + gas causes distensions that the bowel is not designed to handle.

Basis of treatment – The Sibo is recently installed.
The symptoms are less than a year old. We assume a low-noise bacterial-sounding IBS (IBS = Intestinal Bacterial Syndrome). Therefore we can ignore a biofilm disruptor as a precursor to the treatment. But we need a coordinated approach against excess intestinal bacteria: ration – stun – eradicate.

Strategy to attack bacterial biofilm Intestinal peristalsis (MMC) will be facilitated with a prokinetic: for example with Résolor 0.5 mg. Resolor will boost MMC in phase 3 (regular activity phase), when we are in the inter-digestive period, in order to evacuate waste. This must be done every night in order to achieve 100% evacuation. So Sibo will no longer be able to develop. The ideal is to start a 12-hour fast after the evening meal and to observe an inter-digestive space of 5 hours between each meal in order to allow the MMC to do its work also during the day.

Example of Siebecker Treatment Protocol (Pimentel 2006): fig3ib10.jpg - Click to see more photos on ServImg

Treatment
• Diet oriented
, if desired, to facilitate the assimilation of macronutrients. This restrictive diet is poor in fermentable foods but will be limited in time, taking into account the terrain (intolerances and state of the digestive system).

Antimicrobial treatment (antibiotics or plants) adapted to the type of SIBO/SIFO (hydrogen or methane). For example, I used these essential oils: Ceylon Cinnamon, Clove, Mountain Savory and Lemon EO. Peppermint EO, with ginger and fennel. Oregano EO. Some people use berberine successfully.
NB: EOs are preferably entero-protected (soft gels) in order to reach the 2nd part of the colon and to avoid attack on the intestinal mucosa.

Prokinetics: I use Resolor 0.5 mg. We must prevent stagnation of faeces.

Supply of useful nutrients (intestinal tightness / against leaky gut) via drink (water), with L-glutamine kyowa 15-20 gr. To compensate for the excitatory effect of glutamine, I use glycine (hydrolyzed collagen) and magnesium. But not only.

Support digestion processes and the integrity of the intestinal wall with useful nutrients. For example lipase enzymes, betaine HCL. I used other nutrients to facilitate intestinal sealing (glutamine, butyrate).

A reduction in factors that aggravate SIBO/SIFO such as stress or certain medications. Nb: Useful information: Dr Marc Pimentel, + Dr Bella Lindemans, Dr Nirala Jacobi. D’Oro (in French).

mostlylurking

Joe

OP
J

jmparret

My SIBO was caused by the thyroid so i had low stomach acid. Bentaine HCL was used to start to fix this problem. After i fixed it i got William Davis MD "Super Gut" which covers the gut biome problems. He says to make yogurts to fix the issues. They are tasty even plain.

LucH

He says to make yogurts to fix the issues
Not a good idea in every situation. Especially not adapted if overgrowth. First lower the charge before adding a layer.
but perhaps you deal with in this way before taking "yoghurt"?

Last edited:
OP
J

jmparret

Yes healing SIBO does take a while and you must start small. If desired you can get the Foodmarble Air or Air2 device to see if SIBO is clearing. SIBO/SIFO are fairly common and most do not know they have it. I lived with it for years before i read a post on raypeatforum where someone pointed out it could be SIBO. The antibiotics the doctor could prescribe only have about 50% success and mess up your gut biome.

mostlylurking

My SIBO was caused by the thyroid so i had low stomach acid. Bentaine HCL was used to start to fix this problem. After i fixed it i got William Davis MD "Super Gut" which covers the gut biome problems. He says to make yogurts to fix the issues. They are tasty even plain.
I am hypothyroid and I used to have low stomach acid. I have been taking my optimized dose of thyroid prescription medication since 2015. The prescription thyroid med did not fix my low stomach acid because my hypothyroidism did not cause the low stomach acid. My thiamine deficiency caused the low stomach acid. The digestive tract relies on the autonomic nervous system to tell it what to do. The Autonomic nervous system requires thiamine to work properly.

I now supplement with high dose thiamine hcl and my stomach acid, along with the multiple other digestive tract issues that I had are all fixed and my digestive tract is functioning as it is supposed to.

The gut biome is a complicated issue. Nobody really understands it completely. If you are curious about it, here is an excellent article about it:
also, this article might prove of interest if you choose to read it:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals