17 Years Old - Hypogonadism ?

Doludolu

Hello. Im 17 years old. Suffering from strong acne, serious problems with digestion, low T symptoms, not maturing at the right pace. Also one weird symptom I have is 2 years I feel neck/occiput stiffness-pain and it sometimes goes up, usually it's mild but sometimes gets very uncomfortable. Often I'm in brain fog, hard to concentrate in school, feeling spaced out, about half a year ago started to experience chills (feeling cold) and my hands and feet are usually cold. About a year ago I lost 10% of my weight (5-6kg) in 3-4 months unintentionally. My overall health has been really bad the past year and it changed me as a person: I got depressed, sometimes angry without a reason, lost interest in activities that I previously did, became much less social, overall - a bad mood, all these were so uncommon for me. About 3 months ago when I was put to hospital, they did some tests and I was diagnosed with Candida Overgrowth, also IBS and some food sensitivities, I react to high-fodmap foods badly, have lactose intolerance.

So anyway I decided to do some bloodwork today and here are the results:

Total T: 258 ng/dL Reference range (285-801 ng/dL)
E2: 5 pg/ml Reference range: (7.6-42,5 pg/ml)
LH: 1.25 IU/L Reference range: (1.70-8.60 IU/L)

TSH - 1,63 mU/l ; ref range [ 0,4–4,2 mU/l]
FT3 - 3.30 pmol/l ; ref range [3.10-6.80 pmol/l]
FT4 - 9,73pmol/l ; ref range [12-22 pmol/l]

Staples of my diet -
Protein: Beef, chicken,pork, eggs, gelatin, animal organs sometimes, lamb, goat/sheep/buffalo cheese/yogurt (these are new in my diet)
Carbs:
Grains: Potatoes, white rice, oatmeal, buckwheat, corn, lentils
Fruits: Kiwi, bananas, apples, raisins, prunes, dates, oranges, various berries, sometimes pomegranates
Veggies: Pickles, sauerkraut, beets, cabbage, carrots, garlic, onions, eggplant, peppers, radish
Fats: Ghee and coconut oil the most, avocadoes, sometimes olive oil and of course fat from meat and eggs,coconut milk, goat/sheep/buffalo cheese/yogurt (these are new in my diet)
Other: Cinnamon, cloves, cayene pepper, ginger, organic coffee, dandelion tea, organic chai tea [warming spices tea], Apple cider vinegar, I try to eat 3 brazil nuts now daily too

I supplement with high quality fish oil (it has decent amount of omega-3) + natural form of Vitamin E) , minerals (Calcium,magnesium,zinc,potassium) + Vitamin D 5000IU daily, also take nutritional yeast for B vitamins. For digestive health I take probiotics, now I also take chlorella and milk thistle for digestion/liver health. After experiencing these hypothyroidic symptoms I started taking supplemental iodine daily and 3 brazil nuts each day - feeling much less cold extremities, chills so far.

Recently I also started to notice some kind of testicular pressure/pain. The last 1,5 year I experience not maturing at the right pace as my other friends, also low t symptoms, much less morning wood if any and daily erections, my libido is low, i have more acne, my voice is not so deep as it used to be, i lost my muscle mass unintentionally, my confidence is lowered and mood is crappy too.

One dude from another forum suggested to do a test for brain tumor, he suspects it could be that and it affects my hypothalamus/pituitary function. And my LH is actually very low so it could be it, yeah? What do you think about my story, what could be the root cause of my health issues and these really low sex hormones?

Risingfire

Do you do intermittent fasting? My test dropped when I did that. Are you lifting weights? Get rid of the fish oil. Get rid of the iodine

stumpus

Feel like I'm reading my life history, but I unfortunately just had to deal with it 20+ years. You will likely have better luck, so don't grow up to be a stumpus. You definitely have hormone problems, and the testicular pain is a good clue. I dealt with low testosterone my entire life (200's/300's), but when it started to really go downhill, I also experienced testicular pain. After that, my total test started to run 50-150. Weird that your LH is low, too. You've never experimented with test boosters, have you? Your body should really be trying to push your testes to produce based on those results. Still having acne may also be a clue. Have you ever had DHT checked? Maybe your DHT is very high and causing a negative feedback? Would also be curious about reverse T3.

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

Do you do intermittent fasting? My test dropped when I did that. Are you lifting weights? Get rid of the fish oil. Get rid of the iodine
I did intermitted fasting about a year ago and I wasn't tracking my calories +training and I lost weight because it was just hard to eat enough while doing IF, though I liked its effects/lifestyle. Why drop iodine? It with Brazil nuts seems to help for my metabolism so far

heaahde

Have you seen an endocrinologist? You have both low gonadal and thyroid activity.

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

Feel like I'm reading my life history, but I unfortunately just had to deal with it 20+ years. You will likely have better luck, so don't grow up to be a stumpus. You definitely have hormone problems, and the testicular pain is a good clue. I dealt with low testosterone my entire life (200's/300's), but when it started to really go downhill, I also experienced testicular pain. After that, my total test started to run 50-150. Weird that your LH is low, too. You've never experimented with test boosters, have you? Your body should really be trying to push your testes to produce based on those results. Still having acne may also be a clue. Have you ever had DHT checked? Maybe your DHT is very high and causing a negative feedback? Would also be curious about reverse T3.
Yeah I'm not giving up - I'm trying my best! I remember experiencing even greater testicular pain as I was a kid, doctor suggested some kind of surgery, but my father refused, I remember drinking some kind of small pills maybe for 5 days and it went off, later when I was 14-15 I really had high T levels, definetly far superior than now. At the age of 16 something serious happened to me... Low LH means a problem in hypothalamus or pituitary, yeah? One guy suggested to do brain scan, he suspects that I could have brain tumor? About t-boosters I read a lot of natural hormonal optimization like Testshock and anabolicmen content and I try to do everything naturally. Never checked DHT. I could check RT3 next time.

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

Have you seen an endocrinologist? You have both low gonadal and thyroid activity.
Yeah. When I said that I feel something is wrong and not as it used to be she just said that I'm creating problems myself, my hormone results were good (by her opinion) - basically she refused to help me. So, f*ck doctors like that really. I'm doing everything myself.

J

James IV

Do your legs/feet ever get numb or feel slightly swollen, particularly around the upper thighs?

Also, arms ever feel numb or tingly, almost like you're wearing a tight tank top?

Do you ever get rashes, or dandruff? Or feel itchy in particular places?

How's your pooping? Sink or float? Do you have to wipe a lot?

heaahde

Yeah. When I said that I feel something is wrong and not as it used to be she just said that I'm creating problems myself, my hormone results were good (by her opinion) - basically she refused to help me. So, f*ck doctors like that really. I'm doing everything myself.
This makes me so upset. F*ck doctors like her. Why did they even become doctors is an oncurring question to me..

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

Do your legs/feet ever get numb or feel slightly swollen, particularly around the upper thighs?

Also, arms ever feel numb or tingly, almost like you're wearing a tight tank top?

Numb without a reason rarely, maybe when I sit for too long in a weird position. But now they get cold often and If I'm outdoors feet and hands get often cold and tingling - maybe bad blood flow ? Also my both hands skin is very dry in autumn/winter it would often get even to blood, also warts appeared during this period on them. No rashes, no dandruff, but I do get itchy overall body sometimes. I used to have constipation and poop every 3 days, now I eat more fiber, drink more water, coffee, also take magnesium citrate in mornings and now I poop at least once in 1-2 days. It sinks and rarely is sticky as I now take digestive enzymes. When I was eating all foods and without digestive enzymes the poop often was really bad smell, sticky and messy. Also constipation or sometimes just really slow transit time, never had diarrhea.

stumpus

:banghead

Find another endo. Her response is ridiculous. Your testosterone level is terrible and is low even based off old AACE guidelines (iirc). Maybe consider an urologist, too. If they won't listen, move on to the next. This is exactly the kind of attitude I experienced year after year between countless physicians.

If you do try the urologist route, make them do root cause analysis rather than immediately trying to put you on TRT. You may yet be in a position where you can restore your natural production. If they start trying to push Testopel (testosterone pellets) or bi-weekly injections, walk away and find another. The new trend with TRT and urologists is to get you on the guaranteed income teat, making you dependent for life.

J

James IV

Numb without a reason rarely, maybe when I sit for too long in a weird position. But now they get cold often and If I'm outdoors feet and hands get often cold and tingling - maybe bad blood flow ? Also my both hands skin is very dry in autumn/winter it would often get even to blood, also warts appeared during this period on them. No rashes, no dandruff, but I do get itchy overall body sometimes. I used to have constipation and poop every 3 days, now I eat more fiber, drink more water, coffee, also take magnesium citrate in mornings and now I poop at least once in 1-2 days. It sinks and rarely is sticky as I now take digestive enzymes. When I was eating all foods and without digestive enzymes the poop often was really bad smell, sticky and messy. Also constipation or sometimes just really slow transit time, never had diarrhea.

Ok. Sounds like you may have some endotoxin build up. Endotoxin will keep your estrogen high, and your test low. It can also physically damage nerves down there if you your colon is inflammed. The digestive enzymes will help. I would experiment with more fats and salt, and lowering all that fiber you are eating. Adding more fiber helps temporarily. But the more fiber you eat, the more it stretches your colon, and the more fiber it takes to fill the colon enough to stimulate a bowel movement.

Check your total daily fiber. And start lowering it slowly. Maybe 5g a week. Start with ditching the grains, then veggies, then switch out some fruits with juice, and honey, if it's still high. This will allow your colon to slowly unstretch without things shutting down from less stimulation. Cascara Sagrada, salt water, and milk of magnesia can help if things back up during the transition.
You really don't need much fiber for healthy digestion. I actually believe it potentially does more harm than good. Replace lost calories with more fat (particularly butter or ghee) and use lots of salt. Saturated fat is antimicrobial, and so is bile. These will help flush out the bugs.

My n=1: I had terrible bowel issues, and couldn't get a boner for months. Estrogen was off the charts and my candy cane and jingle bells shrank from lack of blood cycling (morning wood is vital for penis health!) Fiber would help temporarily and then I'd get worse. The approach I outlined above reversed things.

I think having a lot of gut bacteria allows you to eat more variety and quantity of carbs, and not effect your blood sugar as much, because they are being converted to SCFA by the bacteria. But I'm not sure being able to tolerate more carbs is worth the bacterial consequences.

This is my input, how you choose to use it is up to you. I hope you figure all this out. I can imagine you aren't enjoying life right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

raypeatclips

I couldn't PM you because of your privacy settings and didn't want to derail the thread. How did you stop your testicle pain?

stumpus

I didn't realize I had that set, so I apologize. My testicular pain stopped once I was put on TRT. I'm pretty sure late 30's, my only good testicle had enough of taking up the other's slack and was ready to give up.

A.R

So would you say all these problems occur because of endotoxin?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals