SIBO Treatment Protocol

EIRE24

It improved significantly; I think once you treat SIBO, you can prevent it from re-occurring my bolstering you immune system (through high thyroid function year-round) and maintaining a quick transit, particularly the latter.
Could you get a hold of that stuff without prescription that killed the sibo? I wonder would flowers of sulphur do similarly?

Kyle M

Could be that you dont have SIBO. I am pretty sure that you need the H2/methane test to confirm it. FWIW My mom is doing better on the herbs.
I can't imagine what else could cause my symptoms, which are primarily bloating from certain foods that occurs fairly quickly after eating. Especially carbs, and especially when mixed with other foods. The description the "gut critters" site guy gave was very close to my experience.

Queequeg

I can't imagine what else could cause my symptoms, which are primarily bloating from certain foods that occurs fairly quickly after eating. Especially carbs, and especially when mixed with other foods. The description the "gut critters" site guy gave was very close to my experience.
Not only are Doctors mostly useless but they hold a monopoly on the tests and medicines we should be able to access to cure ourselves. I would shop around for a doctor who is sibo friendly to get the test. Otherwise it could be anything like IBS, candida, leaky gut or who knows.

@lisaferraro I think this is where I got my herb protocol from Herbal Antibiotics

Queequeg

It improved significantly; I think once you treat SIBO, you can prevent it from re-occurring my bolstering you immune system (through high thyroid function year-round) and maintaining a quick transit, particularly the latter.
I forgot, but wanted to echo that quick transit is definitely key.

Kyle M

you can buy the breath test yourself it's $175 and then source the antibiotics online or go the herbal route

here is a breath test Commonwealth Labs - Hydrogen Breath Testing
Thanks, I have seen those and will probably go that route. I'm low on money right now though, yet I have health insurance, so I can't help but allow the frustration of that situation (supposedly having access to healthcare, but really not having access to what I want) to mess with my head.

Peater Piper

you can buy the breath test yourself it's $175 and then source the antibiotics online or go the herbal route

here is a breath test Commonwealth Labs - Hydrogen Breath Testing
Hey, that's pretty convenient. My doctor actually prescribed a Hydrogen and H. Pylori breath test for me, but the lab wasn't equipped for the Hydrogen Breath test. H. Pylori came back negative. My doctor gave me Rifaximin anyway, but I'm concerned about nuking my intestinal flora when I'm not even sure if bacteria or SIBO are the issue.

Kyle M

Question: what else, other than bacteria, can cause bloating in the gut after a meal? I'm not talking about tissue swelling, but gaseous bloating.

Queequeg

Question: what else, other than bacteria, can cause bloating in the gut after a meal? I'm not talking about tissue swelling, but gaseous bloating.
try betaine hcl and digestive enzymes. This may be TMI but not only will you have much less gas and bloating but you probably won't need your bathroom air freshener anymore.

Last edited:

ATP

@Regina

Yeah, my digestion is fine right now. I did a round of Flagyl and Keflex, and I use cascara, coffee, and occasionally charcoal with the daily carrot salad.
What was your dose of Keflex and how long did you take it for?

Peater Piper

If it's hitting you within 30 minutes of eating, then I'm experiencing the same issue, and I know it's not from movement of food in the colon because I can trigger the symptoms with certain foods, regardless of the previous meals. It's one reason I wanted to test for H. Pylori since it's capable of living in the gut and could cause immediate symptoms. I'm thinking maybe the occasional high dose of activated charcoal to reduce bacterial populations, testing with betaine hcl during meals to see if stomach acid is an issue (also, tyw posted how very high doses can eliminate pathogens), and possibly trying high dose digestive enzymes between meals since lisaferraro posted some info on how they could help clean up the intestinal tract.

If it's not bacterial, fungal, or viral, then I guess there's the possibility of pancreatic insufficiency or some hormonal problem (low thyroid, too much estrogen) or vitamin/mineral deficiency. But yeah, I dunno really, it's a pain in the ****.

Kyle M

I'm thinking maybe the occasional high dose of activated charcoal to reduce bacterial populations, testing with betaine hcl during meals to see if stomach acid is an issue (also, tyw posted how very high doses can eliminate pathogens), and possibly trying high dose digestive enzymes between meals since lisaferraro posted some info on how they could help clean up the intestinal tract.

I've tried betaine HCl and didn't notice much, I started with the normal dose and ratcheted it up. Eventually I started to get a menthol type feeling when I took a bunch of pills with a small meal, which I interpreted as too much acid. Basically the one thing I haven't tried yet is digestive enzymes.

L

lollipop

I've tried betaine HCl and didn't notice much, I started with the normal dose and ratcheted it up. Eventually I started to get a menthol type feeling when I took a bunch of pills with a small meal, which I interpreted as too much acid. Basically the one thing I haven't tried yet is digestive enzymes.
If you do @Kyle M, start with high doses and then back off as things improve. Do not need to use forever. I keep around for a "just in case" scenario. Can use with meals. AND if you feel a burn, reflux type of feeling take a high dose and will clear it within 20min or so. Over time use gradually rebuilds the GI track. When better simply reduce and/or stop usage.

Kyle M

If you do @Kyle M, start with high doses and then back off as things improve. Do not need to use forever. I keep around for a "just in case" scenario. Can use with meals. AND if you feel a burn, reflux type of feeling take a high dose and will clear it within 20min or so. Over time use gradually rebuilds the GI track. When better simply reduce and/or stop usage.
Can you PM me the brand so I can order it when I get the chance please?

Waynish

Have those of you trying a SIBO treatment in this thread come up successful without recurrence?

Queequeg

Have those of you trying a SIBO treatment in this thread come up successful without recurrence?
My mom was the one with SIBO but she tells me the SIBO symptoms are gone but tend to come back if she stops the herbs. I think it takes some 1 year of herbs to get rid of it. She had tried the antibiotic route with no luck.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals