Shredded coconut?

I can buy fresh coconut milk and put them in the freezer for later use.

But when I use it a week later, it does not taste as good as freshly extracted coconut milk used in my bamboo shoot chili curry dish.

That's why those studies can go take a hike lol

Did you see the wings I dedicated to you on my wing bone broth thread?

yerrag

If I do I will let you know!
Good. Then I will take you to a tour of a public market here.

And I will show you what a mature coconut looks like. And that while they spoil if left unused for a long time, the locals know they shouldn't be left unused for a long time. And it rarely does because there is high turnover as it's used regularly. Think of it as an egg (not US eggs, which grow salmonella easily because the USDA requires it to be washed and cleaned- counterproductive and Zionist lol).

I buy them and leave them in room temerature (tropical weather) for a week and when I open them, they are fine and fresh. There is definitely no moldy taste or smell, and no one has become sick of them.

Good. Then I will take you to a tour of a public market here.

And I will show you what a mature coconut looks like. And that while they spoil if left unused for a long time, the locals know they shouldn't be left unused for a long time. And it rarely does because there is high turnover as it's used regularly. Think of it as an egg (not US eggs, which grow salmonella easily because the USDA requires it to be washed and cleaned- counterproductive and Zionist lol).

I buy them and leave them in room temerature (tropical weather) for a week and when I open them, they are fine and fresh. There is definitely no moldy taste or smell, and no one has become sick of them.

Sounds wonderful! When I did missionary trips to orphanages in Mexico i was the cook and photographer for those trips. On my first trip i was taken away by myself to where the locals shop, and it wasn't a grocery store. They had trucks with the beds piled high with fresh coconuts and men standing in the bed with machetes cracking them open. It was such an exciting place to shop. Like being it an Indiana Jobes movie!

yerrag

Sounds wonderful! When I did missionary trips to orphanages in Mexico i was the cook and photographer for those trips. On my first trip i was taken away by myself to where the locals shop, and it wasn't a grocery store. They had trucks with the beds piled high with fresh coconuts and men standing in the bed with machetes cracking them open. It was such an exciting place to shop. Like being it an Indiana Jobes movie!
That was a great thing you did. Seeing the men cracking coconuts open in the truck bed must have given you the impression of mold in coconuts. I don't know why they're being cracked open in the truck, but that isn't something done in the market I go to. It's not the accepted practice in the Philippines. Mature coconuts are cracked open right before it is to be grated into grated coconuts. Once grated, the grates can be pressed to extract the coconut milk. In this setup, there is no chance for mold as the coconut contents are not exposed to air before it is processed.

清貴杉山

imagine putting a live human being in a freezer -15 -20c for 2 weeks,frozen fruit its dead fruit to me no debate about it
Peaters are so afraid of bacteria that they prefer to kill a living food like fruits putting it in the freezer than eating it fresh,yea you can get some antioxidants maybe but forget about the water soluble vitamins and compounds

清貴杉山

That now comparing frozen meat to raw just sitting in the store for a couple of weeks. No thanks!
the thing of most of the peaters here in this forum is they have the US food chain point of view,which is pretty terrible,all produced in huge quantities and in bad quality,not the case of my country,fresh fruit is fairly avaliable all year around,frozen fruit is nearly dead,just the sugar and some plant colorings

the thing of most of the peaters here in this forum is they have the US food chain point of view,which is pretty terrible,all produced in huge quantities and in bad quality,not the case of my country,fresh fruit is fairly avaliable all year around,frozen fruit is nearly dead,just the sugar and some plant colorings

But that is not true about frozen produce. Why eat eat ice cream then? What about frozen meat? Neither will have any more nutrients than frozen fruit. How would canned be better cooking it on a high heat? Heat is more destructive the than cold. Fresh picked eaten the same day is as nutritious as eating the meat of a fresh caught fish or butchered, both degrade with time, both don't when freezing. Life is life and rotting process happens to all just the same unless you do something to preserve them.

清貴杉山

But that is not true about frozen produce. Why eat eat ice cream then? What about frozen meat? Neither will have any more nutrients than frozen fruit. How would canned be better cooking it on a high heat? Heat is more destructive the than cold. Fresh picked eaten the same day is as nutritious as eating the meat of a fresh caught fish or butchered, both degrade with time, both don't when freezing. Life is life and rotting process happens to all just the same unless you do something to preserve them.
i try to avoid frozen meat and i dont eat icecream at all,and its argueable the fact than heat is more destructive than cold honestly,nevertheless here the froze stuff is double or triple the expensive than fresh produce,not an option anyways

i try to avoid frozen meat and i dont eat icecream at all,and its argueable the fact than heat is more destructive than cold honestly,nevertheless here the froze stuff is double or triple the expensive than fresh produce,not an option anyways

Both canned and frozen have it's pros and cons and if you get your produce fresh picked and eat it the same day it is the best, but that isn't the case for most people. Heck I get my produce fresh picked and still don't get to making something with it for sometimes a week!

"Some canned fruits and vegetables can have the same amount or even higher levels of nutrients than fresh produce. One study from the Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California, Davis compared nutrient-dense food groups between frequent can users (FCU) and infrequent can users (ICU). Frequent can users are those who consumed canned food 6 or more times in 2 weeks and infrequent can users are those who consumed 1-2 times of canned food in 2 weeks. The researchers showed that FCU consumed 30.3% more servings of fruit and 21.4% more servings of vegetables. Additionally, there was a higher percentage of people in the FCU group that met or exceeded the recommended dietary allowances (RDA) for 15 nutrients on both days when canned foods were consumed and not consumed. For example, it was found that canned peaches over 3 months had higher levels of vitamin C, folate, and antioxidants compared to fresh peaches. Processed canned tomatoes were also found to have more vitamin B and lycopene, an antioxidant that lowers the risk of cancer. However, water-soluble nutrients including vitamin C and B are still highly sensitive to heat and thus susceptible to losing more nutrients than fat-soluble nutrients such as vitamin A and E.

Frozen fruits and vegetables can also retain more nutrients than fresh ones in the long run by slowing down the process of degradation. Researchers found that spinach lost about 100% of vitamin C content for one week at temperatures 20C (68F) and carrots lost around 27% of vitamin C within one week. However, all other frozen vegetables lost fewer vitamins within one week compared to fresh vegetables. Frozen samples also had more vitamin C than canned samples. The results indicate that refrigerating and canning may preserve the nutrient of the product rather than decreasing it."

清貴杉山

Both canned and frozen have it's pros and cons and if you get your produce fresh picked and eat it the same day it is the best, but that isn't the case for most people. Heck I get my produce fresh picked and still don't get to making something with it for sometimes a week!

"Some canned fruits and vegetables can have the same amount or even higher levels of nutrients than fresh produce. One study from the Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California, Davis compared nutrient-dense food groups between frequent can users (FCU) and infrequent can users (ICU). Frequent can users are those who consumed canned food 6 or more times in 2 weeks and infrequent can users are those who consumed 1-2 times of canned food in 2 weeks. The researchers showed that FCU consumed 30.3% more servings of fruit and 21.4% more servings of vegetables. Additionally, there was a higher percentage of people in the FCU group that met or exceeded the recommended dietary allowances (RDA) for 15 nutrients on both days when canned foods were consumed and not consumed. For example, it was found that canned peaches over 3 months had higher levels of vitamin C, folate, and antioxidants compared to fresh peaches. Processed canned tomatoes were also found to have more vitamin B and lycopene, an antioxidant that lowers the risk of cancer. However, water-soluble nutrients including vitamin C and B are still highly sensitive to heat and thus susceptible to losing more nutrients than fat-soluble nutrients such as vitamin A and E.

Frozen fruits and vegetables can also retain more nutrients than fresh ones in the long run by slowing down the process of degradation. Researchers found that spinach lost about 100% of vitamin C content for one week at temperatures 20C (68F) and carrots lost around 27% of vitamin C within one week. However, all other frozen vegetables lost fewer vitamins within one week compared to fresh vegetables. Frozen samples also had more vitamin C than canned samples. The results indicate that refrigerating and canning may preserve the nutrient of the product rather than decreasing it."
we can argue that canned stuff can have the same amount of nutrition but.."higer levels?" no way

we can argue that canned stuff can have the same amount of nutrition but.."higer levels?" no way

Well things like tomatoes which have lycopene need heating to access them. Like grains with all their supposed nutrition, they are instead anti-nutrients that take nutrition out of your body. Cooking them or sprouting them makes their nutrients more obtainable.

Here is comparing fresh tomatoes to canned.....

"They are both good sources of fibre, vitamin C and potassium. However, fresh tomatoes have significant higher levels of vitamins A and K and also folate. On the other hand, canned tomatoes have three times the amount of calcium and iron than fresh ones.

In addition to the anti-oxidant vitamins A and C, both are rich sources of anti-oxidant phytonutrients such as beta-carotene, lycopene and lutein and zeaxanthin. Canned tomatoes are slightly higher in lycopene, while raw tomatoes contain more beta-carotene and lutein and zeaxanthin."

Hey guys,anyone has a opinion or study talking about desiccated or the shredded coconut meat? i think can be the cheaper option to get the coconut fats plus some nutrition?!
thanks
I ran across this today and thought of you Mariano! Towards the end he mentions coconut solids.

"I normally use pasteurized (and homogenized) milk, and I know people who do best when they use ultrapasteurized milk, and many people who, especially in certain seasons, don't tolerate raw milk. Cows' bacteria change according to what they are eating, and sometimes even the low level of bacteria in pasteurized milk can upset the person's intestinal balance of bacteria. I advise against eating the solid parts of coconut, as a regular part of the diet, and recommend the deodorized refined oil, because so many people are allergic to the proteins (and starches) of coconut. My November newsletter, below, will explain why people tend to lose weight on milk and sugar." -Ray Peat

清貴杉山

I ran across this today and thought of you Mariano! Towards the end he mentions coconut solids.

"I normally use pasteurized (and homogenized) milk, and I know people who do best when they use ultrapasteurized milk, and many people who, especially in certain seasons, don't tolerate raw milk. Cows' bacteria change according to what they are eating, and sometimes even the low level of bacteria in pasteurized milk can upset the person's intestinal balance of bacteria. I advise against eating the solid parts of coconut, as a regular part of the diet, and recommend the deodorized refined oil, because so many people are allergic to the proteins (and starches) of coconut. My November newsletter, below, will explain why people tend to lose weight on milk and sugar." -Ray Peat
Hey! thanks!,i ditched the pasteurized milk i can really tolerate it,i do better with raw from the farm.and i will see if i can get some good quality dried coconut meat!,im heading a maintenance calories phase so the extra energy from sugars and the coconut fat will be nice

Hey! thanks!,i ditched the pasteurized milk i can really tolerate it,i do better with raw from the farm.and i will see if i can get some good quality dried coconut meat!,im heading a maintenance calories phase so the extra energy from sugars and the coconut fat will be nice

No coconut meat. Ray said in the quote I just posted, "I advise against eating the solid parts of coconut, as a regular part of the diet,". His quote was a definitive answer in writing for you, since have heard him say the same in several interviews.

清貴杉山

No coconut meat. Ray said in the quote I just posted, "I advise against eating the solid parts of coconut, as a regular part of the diet,". His quote was a definitive answer in writing for you, since have heard him say the same in several interviews.
oh i read it wrong! lol sorry,ok so no coconut meat,unless you are in the phillipinas and can get the fresh cut coconut lolo

oh i read it wrong! lol sorry,ok so no coconut meat,unless you are in the phillipinas and can get the fresh cut coconut lolo

Ha! Ha! I figured you must of read it too fast, like I do a lot. Yes Philippine fresh AND only if you don't have an allergy to it's protein, which he says is pretty common....

"because so many people are allergic to the proteins (and starches) of coconut." -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals