Coconut? Ghee? Gelatin? Same Painful Effects

Ginali

Forum Supporter
Can anyone help with this? How might it be related, and what could it mean? I want to consume all these things, but my body never allows it! I was very healthy all my life, except for the last 4 years. However, even then I was healthy, I always got severe headaches from coconuts, especially coconut water, oil, and cream, as well as from GHEE but not from regular butter, and the same headaches from gelatin. It's exhausting because I love the taste of coconuts, but the headache afterward lasts for three days! It's terrible. Blood tests didn't show any allergies to coconut, milk, or meat proteins. I wondered if it might be potassium? My potassium levels were always around '5', my potassium was always excellent. All my blood tests are excellent. I only sometimes need more iron, and as I found out here - sodium. I recall reading a study about a tennis player who drank coconut water all day during exercise and subsequently died. The potassium killed him. Is it possible that, in my case, my potassium levels become too high? Or could it be worms dying from the lauric acid? Allergies? No, I can't believe that. I've never had any allergies. Could it be due to too much fat in these 3 products? Saturated fat? This has been happening all my life, and I feel so unlucky that I can't eat like you guys. :(

Peater

I wonder if you're eating too much arginine. It's high in gelatine and coconut. I know this because very recently I was having coconut cream in my coffee, and gelatin with every meal I could, and now have an outbreak of what looks like (But is not diagnosed as such) small raised pimple type things on parts of my hands that resemble shingles, or small warts.

Arginine and lysine are 'competitive' and guess what is supposed to be a cure for cold sores, shingles etc? Lysine.

I am upping my lysine intake and taking a supplement to hopefully get myself out of trouble.

I am also applying topical 15% Lugols to them. (Not meaning to derail your thread but if anyone ever searches for info, here is what I know)

@David PS and @Birdie have posted some good info on this subject.

HeyThere

I wonder if you're eating too much arginine. It's high in gelatine and coconut. I know this because very recently I was having coconut cream in my coffee, and gelatin with every meal I could, and now have an outbreak of what looks like (But is not diagnosed as such) small raised pimple type things on parts of my hands that resemble shingles, or small warts.

Arginine and lysine are 'competitive' and guess what is supposed to be a cure for cold sores, shingles etc? Lysine.

I am upping my lysine intake and taking a supplement to hopefully get myself out of trouble.

I am also applying topical 15% Lugols to them. (Not meaning to derail your thread but if anyone ever searches for info, here is what I know)

Do those bumps itch like mad, also??

Peater

Do those bumps itch like mad, also??

Not noticeably, maybe a little more in that area? It hasn't been itchy enough to have scratched the skin red, put it like that!

What are you thinking? I am prone to itchy spells.

They are fading back now with lysine supplementation. What is interesting is that a wart I had on my hand and killed with a wart pen, then topical administration of Lugols and DMSO actually seems to have come back, but in a different place if my memory is correct. I have a feeling I self-spread it via my beard stubble! It must have been 'dormant' until now.

HeyThere

Not noticeably, maybe a little more in that area? It hasn't been itchy enough to have scratched the skin red, put it like that!

What are you thinking? I am prone to itchy spells.

They are fading back now with lysine supplementation. What is interesting is that a wart I had on my hand and killed with a wart pen, then topical administration of Lugols and DMSO actually seems to have come back, but in a different place if my memory is correct. I have a feeling I self-spread it via my beard stubble! It must have been 'dormant' until now.

I seem to have Salicylate issues, which then raise my histamine. That's all I know. Sick of dealing with it all TBH.

Peater

I seem to have Salicylate issues, which then raise my histamine. That's all I know. Sick of dealing with it all TBH.

That's interesting as I have been using newly-purchased aspirin powder but before that had been dissolving standard aspirin tablets in water and never seen an issue...but I will see what happens. It gives me something to consider, thanks.

Beatrix_

I would also say salicylates are to blame, but since you get the same issues from gelatin it must be the sulfites. Even if you supplement with B6, zinc and molybdenum, the best option is to avoid those foods altogether.

HeyThere

I would also say salicylates are to blame, but since you get the same issues from gelatin it must be the sulfites. Even if you supplement with B6, zinc and molybdenum, the best option is to avoid those foods altogether.

Gelatin is very high in Salicylates. Ghee really isn't though apparently.

OP
Ginali

Ginali

Forum Supporter

This is interesting! YES, I experience something similar. Once or twice a year, I get these yellowish shingles on my fingers. They become itchy if I scratch them, but otherwise, they are almost invisible.
1701105180141.png
It's similar to this but only occurs on my fingers and to a lesser extent. They always disappear on their own after a few days. Your idea is very intresting! I need to seek more information on this and will get back.

Peater

This is interesting! YES, I experience something similar. Once or twice a year, I get these yellowish shingles on my fingers. They become itchy if I scratch them, but otherwise, they are almost invisible. View attachment 58680 It's similar to this but only occurs on my fingers and to a lesser extent. They always disappear on their own after a few days. Your idea is very intresting! I need to seek more information on this and will get back.

Hey maybe we're onto something...

If you are happy to, I would love to know if a lysine supplement improves things for you. I have been taking 5000mg, the pimples/warts/shingles have now receded, apart from the bigger one on my hand near where a wart was previously. Although it is now flat and not raised, it looks more like a scar. I will keep dropping Lugol's on it, and taking lysine, and see what happens.

HeyThere

I have to be careful taking Lysine I took a teensy pinch of granules and felt that all too familiar feeling of histamine. Looked it up and sure enough:

"Lysine produces cadaverine. It shocks the mast cells, which produce high levels of histamine."

Thank goodness I took such a teeny, tiny amount.

HeyThere

Wow, that hand breakout picture looks like what I get on my inner thigh if I smoke too much weed (doesn't take much at all since I am a ridiculous lightweight) and it's always just on my right thigh, so weird. Itches like H*LL though. Probably an allergic reaction, but it has this specific look to it. I get it randomly from other things.. I wonder sometimes is it some sort of detox? Because it seems to happen randomly when I take things that detox, and weed does kill viruses/bacteria/etc.

Jayvee

Sorr first a boring answer but unless it's just out of curiosity I wouldnt entertain searching for an answer. Just simply avoid these foods for a bit. I wouldn't get too caught up on specific compounds within the foods otherwise you'll be forever searching. It's likely a byproduct of these foods of which could be 1000s. Priority is just avoid these foods for a bit and try find foods that either make you feel good or dont give you symptoms. I've had all sorts of random side effects from foods (butter being one) and supplements and then later down the line things just adjust (microbiome being just one of those things).

Peater

I have to be careful taking Lysine I took a teensy pinch of granules and felt that all too familiar feeling of histamine. Looked it up and sure enough:

"Lysine produces cadaverine. It shocks the mast cells, which produce high levels of histamine."

Thank goodness I took such a teeny, tiny amount.

Cadaverine is produced as a product of catabolism (catabolite) rather than metabolism, not sure if this makes it more variable factor.

OP
Ginali

Ginali

Forum Supporter
Hey maybe we're onto something...

If you are happy to, I would love to know if a lysine supplement improves things for you. I have been taking 5000mg, the pimples/warts/shingles have now receded, apart from the bigger one on my hand near where a wart was previously. Although it is now flat and not raised, it looks more like a scar. I will keep dropping Lugol's on it, and taking lysine, and see what happens.
I'm glad I'm not alone with this little problem; it's really interesting. However, I'm very suspicious of all the supplements. Based on what I've found online, I believe Lysine might not be good for us.

OP
Ginali

Ginali

Forum Supporter
Wow, that hand breakout picture looks like what I get on my inner thigh if I smoke too much weed (doesn't take much at all since I am a ridiculous lightweight) and it's always just on my right thigh, so weird. Itches like H*LL though. Probably an allergic reaction, but it has this specific look to it. I get it randomly from other things.. I wonder sometimes is it some sort of detox? Because it seems to happen randomly when I take things that detox, and weed does kill viruses/bacteria/etc.
You've reminded me of something! I've never tried smoking weed :) but I do have a vegetable garden with a lot of weeds that need to be taken care of. Interestingly, when I pull these weeds from around my vegetables, sometimes I experience a similar reaction.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals