Serotonin too LOW due to antihistamines for long periods?

faxmulder

Hi guys,

I was wondering if continuous antihistamine usage (I'm cycling Zyrtec and Ebastine) could theoretically cause serotonin to drop too low.
I know that this forum "hates" serotonin, but lately I'm dealing with anxiety, overthinking, worrying and also some mild OCD symptoms - could these be symptoms of low serotonin?

Thanks!

Whataboutbob

almost impossible to have to low serotonin—connected to stress system

View: https://youtu.be/m1-dXJCYVIM

Those aren't "symptoms"of low serotonin, although serotonin can help you deal with those symptoms by numbing you to them

Mauritio

Hi guys,

I was wondering if continuous antihistamine usage (I'm cycling Zyrtec and Ebastine) could theoretically cause serotonin to drop too low.
I know that this forum "hates" serotonin, but lately I'm dealing with anxiety, overthinking, worrying and also some mild OCD symptoms - could these be symptoms of low serotonin?

Thanks!
If there's one hormone you cant be too low in, its serotonin. Your body doesn't need it when times are good .

What you're describing sounds like high adrenaline. Anti histamines increase adrenaline.
That's why I'm of that stuff . Always made me feel anxious and impatient the next day .

OP
F

faxmulder

If there's one hormone you cant be too low in, its serotonin. Your body doesn't need it when times are good .

What you're describing sounds like high adrenaline. Anti histamines increase adrenaline.
That's why I'm of that stuff . Always made me feel anxious and impatient the next day .
thanks man. What could I take to lower adrenaline?

Mauritio

OP
F

faxmulder

Beta Blockers but I don’t think you need to go that route. I would eat one or two bananas instead.
What about things that raise dopamine? Are dopamine and adrenaline correlated?

Do you have any experience with SAMe and agmatine?

Thanks man

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals