Does Low Cortisol Leads To High Serotonin? (linked To My Situation)

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by Astolfo, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Astolfo

Astolfo Member

I'm just pasting the quote here. Apperantly, low cortisol state leads to high serotonin. Both via 5ht1a presynaptic desensitization and loss of IDO induction(the enzyme which is responsible of degrading %95 of tryptophan)

Immunomodulation Mechanism of Antidepressants: Interactions between Serotonin/Norepinephrine Balance and Th1/Th2 Balance

I have read the whole page. And that's the simple explanation of the situation:

I had been an extremely anxious person ---> desenstization of glucocrticoid receptors and loss of negative feedback ---> chronic stress shifted my immune system to the th2 also all my body homeostasized properly to compensate chronic stress ---> I took a few dose of fluoxetine ---> that bombarded everything in my body including glucocorticoid receptors ---> I left with hypocortisol/hypostress state and the immune system shifted to th1 ---> progressive brain damage, diabete(I have pretty much diabete symptoms, you know?), CFS, etc.

Also regarding to kynurenine metabolism, glucocorticoids are responsible of inducing the TDO enzyme. It's the enzyme responsible of degrading %95 of tryptophan.

Less TDO ---> more free tryptophan --> more serotonin --> more melatonin etc..

You understand? If you don't have the time to read the page, I have some quotes here.

Dyslipidemia ---> I don't remember if I said before, but I have been reacting to "turkish coffee" pretty bad. I makes all my sympoms worse, plus gives me jitters. I don't get the same effects from even 6 cups of filter coffee a day. That's clearly a problem about cholesterol.

Before fluoxetine --> Insomnia, melancholic depression, anxiety etc.
    After fluoxetine --> Hypersomnia, emotional numbness, zero anxiety.

"Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)"
    asdasdasd.png

@haidut

2. Birdie

Birdie Member

I can't read it all. My brain rebells. If you look up posts by Mittir, I think you'll find some good info in this area.

3. Birdie

Birdie Member

Some Mittir thoughts here:

RP has mentioned that safest way to lower serotonin
    is to improve thyroid function. He thinks all the anti serotonin
    drugs causes problem in the long run and cypro being the
    safest. I do not think 1 mg cypro has any significant risk.
    Everything goes back to thyroid function. I think Gut friendly
    foods with little bit of thyroid from chicken neck soup
    or fish head soup is worth experimenting.

Edit: Red light therapy can be very beneficial for
    all kind of health issues and metabolism.

Mittir, Oct 4, 2016ReportBo