Announcement Ray Peat Gave me His Blessing to Start the Ray Peat Forum, Full Permission Was Granted

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Contrary to what many of you think and continue to spread lies around, Ray Peat gave me full permission to start this forum in his name. Some of you are salivating at the opportunity to bring federal charges against me hoping to bring me down thinking I started a website in Ray Peat's name without his permission. But what you fail to recognize, I am a man of honor and integrity and would never do such a thing.

Ray Peat and I stayed in contact for many years and he never once said to me that he regretted me starting the forum. So, the name stays and I will not be changing it.

TheSir

It would be helpful if you provided evidence of these exchanges. The only time I've seen Ray Peat comment on this forum in an email exchange was in 2018 when he said that the forum seems to have become a deliberate source of misinformation about him. Showing a few positive emails between you and Peat would thus do a lot for your case.

I think the main issue people are trying to point out is not whether you had the permission to start the forum, but whether you have the permission to keep Ray's name attached to it now that it is no longer representing his work. Were you to ask Ray today if he would be fine with you creating an anti Vitamin A forum in his name, what do you think he would say?

Validus

Contrary to what many of you think and continue to spread lies around, Ray Peat gave me full permission to start this forum in his name. Some of you are salivating at the opportunity to bring federal charges against me hoping to bring me down thinking I started a website in Ray Peat's name without his permission. But what you fail to recognize, I am a man of honor and integrity and would never do such a thing.

Ray Peat and I stayed in contact for many years and he never once said to me that he regretted me starting the forum. So, the name stays and I will not be changing it.
People are threatening you with charges? Just ignore that noise. It's almost certainly empty threats. None of those people are going to actually dig into their own pockets to pay for a lawyer.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It would be helpful if you provided evidence of these exchanges. The only time I've seen Ray Peat comment on this forum in an email exchange was in 2018 when he said that the forum seems to have become a deliberate source of misinformation about him. Showing a few positive emails between you and Peat would thus do a lot for your case.
I had contact with him all the way till March 2022 and not one single bad word or anything negative towards this forum from Ray Peat or towards me.

This is the only communication I will be posting on this matter:
Ray, I am about to open up a forum for people to come together and discuss our health and also your teachings. Its going to be at www.RayPeatForum.com. I wanted to make sure this is OK with you. It would be also great if you wanted to stop by and chat every now and then, but of course you wouldnt have to.
I appreciate your consideration in the matter. Hope all is well on your end. -charlie

It's OK with me, but I don't know if I'll have time to visit it. Whenever people talk about health issues, I think it's essential to remember the corrupted nature of the scientific and bureaucratic environment, and to think about disestablishing medicine.

Ivan Illich:
"Medical treatment is mistaken for health care, social work for the improvement of community life, police protection for safety, military poise for national security, the rat race for productive work. Health, learning, dignity, independence, and creative endeavor are defined as little more than the performance of the institutions which claim to serve these ends, and their improvement is made to depend on allocating more resources to the management of hospitals, schools, and other agencies in question.
"In these essays, I will show that the institutionalization of values leads inevitably to
physical pollution, social polarization, and psychological impotence: three dimensions in a process of global degradation and modernized misery. I will explain how this process of degradation is accelerated when nonmaterial needs are transformed into demands for commodities; when health, education, personal mobility, welfare, or psychological healing are defined as the result of services or "treatments." I do this because I believe that most of the research now going on about the future tends to advocate further increases in the institutionalization of values and that we must define conditions which would permit precisely the contrary to happen. We need research on the possible use of technology to create institutions which serve personal, creative, and autonomous interaction and the emergence of values which cannot be substantially controlled by technocrats. We need counterfoil research to current futurology."
-Ray Peat

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
People are threatening you with charges? Just ignore that noise. It's almost certainly empty threats. None of those people are going to actually dig into their own pockets to pay for a lawyer.
There have been threats made and I would not be surprised if they try and follow through.

TheSir

Thanks. Would it be too much to ask to see an actual screenshot of this exchange? It would convey more legitimacy than mere text.

By the way, below is the email I mentioned. Allegedly it was shared by Danny on his telegram (I don't have telegram so I can't confirm).

IMG-20240227-WA0000.jpg

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thanks. Would it be too much to ask to see an actual screenshot of this exchange? It would convey more legitimacy than mere text.
You will have to take my word for it. As a Christian man you should know, what good is a man if he does not have his word? All headers and such have been preserved if needed and are ready to be deployed.

mosaic01

It's OK with me, but I don't know if I'll have time to visit it. Whenever people talk about health issues, I think it's essential to remember the corrupted nature of the scientific and bureaucratic environment, and to think about disestablishing medicine.

Ivan Illich:
"Medical treatment is mistaken for health care, social work for the improvement of community life, police protection for safety, military poise for national security, the rat race for productive work. Health, learning, dignity, independence, and creative endeavor are defined as little more than the performance of the institutions which claim to serve these ends, and their improvement is made to depend on allocating more resources to the management of hospitals, schools, and other agencies in question.
"In these essays, I will show that the institutionalization of values leads inevitably to
physical pollution, social polarization, and psychological impotence: three dimensions in a process of global degradation and modernized misery. I will explain how this process of degradation is accelerated when nonmaterial needs are transformed into demands for commodities; when health, education, personal mobility, welfare, or psychological healing are defined as the result of services or "treatments." I do this because I believe that most of the research now going on about the future tends to advocate further increases in the institutionalization of values and that we must define conditions which would permit precisely the contrary to happen. We need research on the possible use of technology to create institutions which serve personal, creative, and autonomous interaction and the emergence of values which cannot be substantially controlled by technocrats. We need counterfoil research to current futurology."
-Ray Peat

Thank you for posting that exchange. This is a very fitting quote by Illich, and a typical reply from Peat (seeing the larger picture).

He would be the last to threaten you.

I see this forum now fully starting to represent his work for the first time. It is the only place on the web now that is fully commited to understanding Peat's research without myopically worshipping his diet and supplement ideas. Disestablishing medicine and questioning the corrupted nature of science is precisely the goal. Not taking countless chemicals like methylene blue, cyproheptadine and others that come directly from the medical paradigm and can never lead to fundamental healing and regeneration. Not quoting random in vitro studies as proof for some miracle effect of dangerous pharmaceuticals. Not relying on a dangerous diet that was for the most part Peat's personal preference (he only talked about his diet when specifically asked).

Thinking in larger terms and patterns gives us the ability to see beyond foods and diet.

"Avoiding unnecessarily limiting assumptions, looking for patterns rather than randomness, looking for larger patterns rather than minimal forms, avoiding reliance on verbal and symbolic formulations, expecting the future to be different—these are abstract ways of formulating the idea that the world should be seen with sympathetic involvement, rather than with analytical coldness." - Ray Peat

Many of the people involved in the Ray Peat community focus on minimal forms (milk, orange juice, etc.) rather than larger patterns (cellular energy, deconstructing medicine, questioning the environment of scientific studies, questioning allopathy).

They rely on dogmatism ("You are not a true Peat follower, I am!") and limiting assumptions (following Peat's personal diet rules, not questioning some of his fundamental diet beliefs) and they expect the future to be just the same, turning Ray Peat's legacy into a dogma to be followed without any evolution of thought.

Last edited:

TheSir

You will have to take my word for it. As a Christian man you should know, what good is a man if he does not have his word? All headers and such have been preserved if needed and are ready to be deployed.
Do you think it is possible that Ray had forgotten about you being the admin, given that he was inquiring about the creator of the forum from Danny (assumedly), while simultaneously being in a friendly exchange with you without ever bringing these issues up with you?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I see this forum now fully starting to represent his work for the first time. Disestablishing medicine and questioning the corrupted nature of science is precisely the goal. Not taking countless chemicals like methylene blue, cyproheptadine and others that come directly from the medical paradigm and can never lead to fundamental healing and regeneration. Not quoting random in vitro studies as proof for some miracle effect of dangerous pharmaceuticals. Not relying on a dangerous diet that was for the most part Peat's personal preference (he only talked about his diet when specifically asked).
Exactly. This forum is now more in the spirit of Ray Peat then it has ever been.
Many of the people involved in the Ray Peat community focus on minimal forms (milk, orange juice, etc.) rather than larger patterns (cellular energy, deconstructing medicine, questioning the environment of scientific studies, questioning allopathy).

They rely on dogmatism ("You are not a true Peat follower, I am!") and limiting assumptions (following Peat's personal diet rules, not questioning some of his fundamental diet beliefs) and they expect the future to be just the same, turning Ray Peat's legacy into a dogma to be followed without any evolution of thought.
Exactly, while many continue to remain stagnant we here at the forum are forging forward and moving towards the goal of what Ray Peat had hoped for in the very exchange we had in the communication posted above.

Another incredible post, @mosaic01. :hattip

Divingwater

Thank you for posting that exchange. This is a very fitting quote by Illich, and a typical reply from Peat (seeing the larger picture).

I see this forum now fully starting to represent his work for the first time. It is the only place on the web now that is fully commited to understanding Peat's research without myopically worshipping his diet and supplement ideas. Disestablishing medicine and questioning the corrupted nature of science is precisely the goal. Not taking countless chemicals like methylene blue, cyproheptadine and others that come directly from the medical paradigm and can never lead to fundamental healing and regeneration. Not quoting random in vitro studies as proof for some miracle effect of dangerous pharmaceuticals. Not relying on a dangerous diet that was for the most part Peat's personal preference (he only talked about his diet when specifically asked).

Thinking in larger terms and patterns gives us the ability to see beyond foods and diet.

"Avoiding unnecessarily limiting assumptions, looking for patterns rather than randomness, looking for larger patterns rather than minimal forms, avoiding reliance on verbal and symbolic formulations, expecting the future to be different—these are abstract ways of formulating the idea that the world should be seen with sympathetic involvement, rather than with analytical coldness." - Ray Peat

The irony of this statement is blinding. There is no Ray Peat diet. Peat himself has said this.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The irony of this statement is blinding. There is no Ray Peat diet. Peat himself has said this.
Many of the Ray Peat food suggestions are destructive whether you want to admit it or not.

Your ethics are highly lacking. You have attempted to directly evade a ban to this forum which breaks the rules. A man of dignity would not want to be where he is not wanted or he would change his behavior so that he could be included. You have done neither and show lack of integrity.

mosaic01

There is no Ray Peat diet. Peat himself has said this.

Your low-effort attempt to invalidate my post does not exactly work in your favor. I have previously explained why there is no Peat diet, and that Peat recommends to eat to increase the metabolic rate, and that his principles still stand even without retinol, dairy, calcium, antibiotics, oysters, fructose, coffee, chocolate and liver.

But Peat made suggestions about optimal foods and diet, and many of his suggestions are completely incompatible with health. The community at large has taken these suggestions and build a diet framework around this. The ideology around this diet is so engrained that many are throwing a temper tantrum right now.

lamassu

That is good to know that you had Ray's permission. Even knowing that it seems clear that the forum name and domain should change. There is certainly value in a Low-Toxin Lifestyle forum but the Ray Peat Forum name no longer fits.

Tenacity

I had contact with him all the way till March 2022 and not one single bad word or anything negative towards this forum from Ray Peat or towards me.

Smells fake. Reading Ray's other correspondences, he would always stylize 'okay' as 'o.k,' not 'OK' as in this example. Here are screenshots full of such examples:

Screenshot_20240227_220105_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20240227_220121_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20240227_220146_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20240227_220158_Chrome.png

'OK' does however match its first usage in the sender's (your) message, possibly suggesting the sent message and reply were created by the same person.

I'm not sure I buy that Ray ever gave his blessing based on this alone, sorry.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Smells fake. Reading Ray's other correspondences, he would always stylize 'okay' as 'o.k,' not 'OK' as in this example. Here are screenshots full of such examples:

View attachment 61729
View attachment 61730

View attachment 61731

View attachment 61732

'OK' does however match its first usage in the sender's (your) message, possibly suggesting the sent message and reply were created by the same person.

I'm not sure I buy that Ray ever gave his blessing based on this alone, sorry.
text thor GIF

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Disrespect me in my house, deal with the consequences.

temper-tantrums.jpg

RealNeat

here we go with the "many people" claim again. People really have to tone that down. You have no right to color swaths of people with your paintbrush and diminish those who may be going against you to "milk and orange juice"

RealNeat

That is good to know that you had Ray's permission. Even knowing that it seems clear that the forum name and domain should change. There is certainly value in a Low-Toxin Lifestyle forum but the Ray Peat Forum name no longer fits.
I disagree. The name should stay as long as people are still allowed to come to the forum and discuss whatever they wish be it Toxic Bile or Ray Peats work. There are many opposing views on this forum, just because @charlie has his own path doesn't mean the whole forum should transition. If we changed the name for every topic under the sun it should just be called reddit.

Mitchell777

here we go with the "many people" claim again. People really have to tone that down. You have no right to color swaths of people with your paintbrush and diminish those who may be going against you to "milk and orange juice"
I completely agree. Charlie (and others of course) has every right as admin and founder of the forum to explore and pursue his beliefs, however what isn’t correct in anyway shape or form, is if, quite literally everyone has to adhere to those beliefs. Grouping everyone together as if we all plainly agree with everything being said now on the forum isn’t right. That’s no disrespect either. I say this peacefully.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals