In a senate on consumer fraud on the elderly hearing in 1984 someone testified before congress and Dr peat was thrown with a bunch of other as a quack

area51puy

Forum Supporter

I copied and pasted this off my phone and this was originally a picture of a actual paper report so there is a lot of typos for some reason from
The copy paste on the link to the forum, I’m guessing it has something to with coping words off of a photo, but can read the testimony on Dr peat on page 17 of the report typo free.

Dr. Raymond Peat, (Ph.D.) of Eugene, OR
I met Dr. Peat at a weight loss clinic on S.E. H.awthorne in Portl~nd. (Exact name of the clinic since forgotten) Dr. Peat was on theIr Staff and a medIcal counselor for the obese. Dr. Peat was particularly interested in the fact that I use pr<,>gesterone. Dr. Peat also said he teaches on the staff at the University of Oregon, m Eugene, and at that time taught at the naturopathic school in S.W. Portland, in the are~ of endocrinology. Dr. Peat's doctorate is in the field of physiology, as I understand .It. I was unable to continue at the weight loss clinic, but several months later I.recen:ed a note from Dr. Peat in the mail accompanied by a piece of paper rolled up m whIch I found a brown powder. Dr. Peat sai~ he was experimenting wit~ progesterone granules which he had been ~ble to o.bta~n,and would I please test thIS prog.esterol,1e
by using it myself and reportmg to hIm If It controll"d my symptoms.He saId to.dIs- solve it in oil and use it under the tongue. I looked at the sample, rolled up m a grubby looking piece of paper. I thought, what is the potency, is it real progesterone, might I get too much because I won't know how much I will be taking? I also thought, if it does~'t work tIl get myselr i,n t:eek:uble, and tha.t is not necessary be- cause I have nice lIttle sterIle bottles of InJectIble made by LIlly. I threw away the brown powder and never answered him.. . .
About five years later I decided to wrIte Dr. Peat.and ask hIm how ~e was commg on his progesterone research. He answered and SaId he was now sellIng progest~r one by mail and it could be t~ken u?der. the t?ngue or absorbed. through the .skin. He said the progesterone was m a Vltamm E 011 base. He also SaId he was sellmg.a book entitled "Nutrition for Women". I decided to see what was what so ordered hIS book and a bottle of the progesterone in Vit E oil. The bottle came with no label, no dosage information, no information as to how much Vi~~min E was in each CC. The bottle came capped with a screw type cap, so the sterIlIty was doubtful. The bottle sat around my place for several mOl,1ths (Progesterone has a long s~elf life ~t room
temperature and should not be refrlge~ated) and finall~, after readmg Peat s boo~, which made no sense to me at all, decIded to try the OIl.. The next mont? .wh~n It was the right time in my cycle to take progesterone, I dId not take my InJectIons, but used Peat's stuff under the tongue daily instead. I got absolutely no response. at alL Daily my symptoms grew worse, acne, nervousness,.cramps, between perIOd spotting, etc. Finally, desperation I had to stop the experIment. I was mad. I had wasted $20.00 for the bottle which to me was worthless and the money was a lot to me. I actually had not expected it to work as well as the .Lilly product but would
have possibly expected some response. On Peat's note he SaId he gave phone con~ul tations for $20.00 for 30 minutes. I called the number and asked about an appoInt- ment. I was told by his "chemist" that he was o~t. I asked "do .1 have to I?ay $20.00 to ask him about product he sold me that doesn t work. She saId that I dId. I hung up I had wasted enough money already, but not a complete waste because I had bo~ght the bottle mostly to find out what he was really sell.ing. So. I called th~ Fp~. I complained. They asked me to send th~m ~h<; bottle WhICh I dId. They said If It really contained progesterone he was dOIng It Illegally. T~ey.reported back to me and said it was Vitamin E oil and did have progesterone m It. They told me how
much but I can't remember the figures. "
About this time I met a lady who said to me on the phone one day Ha,:e y~u ever heard of a Dr. Peat?" I said "Yes." She said "he wrot~ a wonderful .artlcle m some health food store magazine, and he sells progester.one In a cream. It IS ~,o wo~ derful you can get it without going to a doctor and payIng for the office calL I SaId "How'did you first find out about it?" She said "I have a sister up !n Anchorage,
Alaska who has had trouble with miscarriages. Her doctor finally deCIded she nee~s progesterone during pregnancy. But she is going to try Dr. Peat's cream." I SaId I'how is she supposed to use the cream?" "She is supposed to rub it on her stomach after her bath when her skin in warm and moist," she said. I said "well, t~at is .very interesting. Is she pregnant again?" "Yes," she answered,. "and my SIster IS so happy not to have to be running to the doctor and prefers thiS more natural way to get help." I told her to let me know how her sister go~ along. I waited a few weeks and called her up again to chat aI~d asked abol}t ~~e SIster. ! was told that she was now about 4 months along and dOlIlg OK. I SaId I would lIke to ask her some de
tails about this progesterone therapy. One always needs to learn. Could you give me her name and address? " she said "well, I probably should ask her permission firs~." I said, "Okay, well let me know-I'm, really interested in this subject. It is so nlce to learn as much as we can about our own bodies." Well, I finally obtained her name and address and wrote her but never got an answer. I called up the lady here and she said her sister was in the middle of moving and was busy, and that after she herself knew her new address she would get it to me. I never did get the second
address.
The last step in this story is that I got a letter from the FDA who said that cus-
toms had seized a shipment of progesterone that was being imported by Dr. Peat. They said it was largely due to my efforts that this had been accomplished. They thanked me for my help.

Michael Mohn

I don't even understand what this post is about.
A woman got a free sample of progesterone from Ray Peat after a consultation.
She throws it away! Then buys a bottle of progest-E from Peat years later for 20$, it had no effect on her and she complains to the FDA and a state board about consumer fraud!

But big pharma is making billions by selling poison as medicine to the public with the approval of the FDA!
Mind boggling.

OP
A

area51puy

Forum Supporter
I don't even understand what this post is about.
A woman got a free sample of progesterone from Ray Peat after a consultation.
She throws it away! Then buys a bottle of progest-E from Peat years later for 20$, it had no effect on her and she complains to the FDA and a state board about consumer fraud!

But big pharma is making billions by selling poison as medicine to the public with the approval of the FDA!
Mind boggling.
The post was a piece of history about DR Peat. And we see that the fda war on natural products that was going 40 years ago and Dr Peat was apart of that. You can see in the testimony the one other person she knew about taking peat progesterone was able to get pregnant and was happy she could do it a natural way and was happy she didn’t have to go to a doctor all the time. And at the end of this testimony she said the FDA seized a shipment of progesterone going to Dr peat and the FDA thank her.

And it shows Dr Peat’s stubbornness to follow the science throughout his career and not to just go along to get along with the scientific narrative of the fda or what ever corporate lobby or government institutions said was the science like we just saw with nearly all scientists and doctors after the Covid scam.

We heard about the cia at his college, we see the fda and Senate coming after him in this hearing. And after any of these attacks he could of said I’ll just take a job as a professor and teach what ever it says in the text books and never challenge the narrative.

But since he didn’t do that, many of us on this forum have better physical and mental health because of the knowledge he acquired over his lifetime and he inspired many to take his knowledge and keep following the science and to not just go along with the scientific narrative put out by the elites for their own profit and power. And you can only challenge that narrative effectively is if you have the knowledge.

And the truth is there are many snake oil salesmen and quacks now and throughout history and the FDA was originally created to stop snake oil salesmen and quacks and use actual science. But absolute power, corrupts absolutely and the snake oil salesman have taken over the FDA.

vocedilegno

The post was a piece of history about DR Peat. And we see that the fda war on natural products that was going 40 years ago and Dr Peat was apart of that. You can see in the testimony the one other person she knew about taking peat progesterone was able to get pregnant and was happy she could do it a natural way and was happy she didn’t have to go to a doctor all the time. And at the end of this testimony she said the FDA seized a shipment of progesterone going to Dr peat and the FDA thank her.

And it shows Dr Peat’s stubbornness to follow the science throughout his career and not to just go along to get along with the scientific narrative of the fda or what ever corporate lobby or government institutions said was the science like we just saw with nearly all scientists and doctors after the Covid scam.

We heard about the cia at his college, we see the fda and Senate coming after him in this hearing. And after any of these attacks he could of said I’ll just take a job as a professor and teach what ever it says in the text books and never challenge the narrative.

But since he didn’t do that, many of us on this forum have better physical and mental health because of the knowledge he acquired over his lifetime and he inspired many to take his knowledge and keep following the science and to not just go along with the scientific narrative put out by the elites for their own profit and power. And you can only challenge that narrative effectively is if you have the knowledge.

And the truth is there are many snake oil salesmen and quacks now and throughout history and the FDA was originally created to stop snake oil salesmen and quacks and use actual science. But absolute power, corrupts absolutely and the snake oil salesman have taken over the FDA.
Amen amen amen

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals