Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

Mauritio

Has anybody received a response from ray in the last 4-6 weeks?

Mauritio

CJ_87

@UG Krishnamurti thanks for your recent email exchange posts. I never emailed Ray, though I often thought I could probably guess his enail based on the many hints I was given. Nevertheless, I am grateful that some of my questions were asked to him directly, through the kindness of Danny and Haidut's Q&A shows on YouTube.

-Luke-

Please don't thank me. I should've done is much sooner.
Sending out that last shared email really made me weep. That man was such a treasure.

Gadsie

Not all of these emails are perhaps the most interesting, but for legacy’s sake i will post them anyway. Some of them are I think among the last emails Ray has sent according to the dates I read here. My last one I received June 26.

Me:
Dear dr. Peat,

Is methionine a reason to limit milk consumption?

Peat:
After reducing other sources

————

Me:
Dear dr Peat

Plasma and aortic lipids in experimental canine atherosclerosis

In this study it seems that the dogs who received a diet with hydrogenated coconut oil as the only fat got atherosclerosis, whereas replacing some of it with PUFA prevented the atherosclerosis. I’m very interested if you have a comment on this.

Kind regards

Peat:
Their definiition of EFA deficiency as a ratio of polyunsaturated fatty acids doesn’t make sense; 5% cholesterol in the diet is ridiculously high, and at least in some species would suppress thyroid funtion, leading to atherosclerosis. It’s a propaganda piece.

Me:
Dear dr Peat,

Thank you. But should we make of the fact that the same 5% cholesterol did not cause atherosclerosis in the diet with PUFA added?

Kind regards

Peat:
I would question whether their analysis of the blood vessels was meaningful; they didn’t understand the physiology of cholesterol esters. Most “science” publications are wrong.

Gadsie

Dear dr peat,

Despite following a low-fat diet high in potatoes, fruit juice, skim milk, and some liver, I continue to have high BP (135/80). I'm a young lean guy. Are there any conventional blood pressure lowering drugs that are not toxic?

Kind regards,

Peat:
A high ratio of calcium to phosphate in the diet is protective. The angiotensin receptor blockers are generally safe.

Note: I'm checking on the forum before I post each quote, so that I don't post repeats. Recently, I've been finding that some of the quotes I'm posting are already posted here on the forum, but are posted on separate threads. To me, it seems to make sense to post them to the email exchange thread so that they're all in one place. Sound good?

Note: I'm checking on the forum before I post each quote, so that I don't post repeats. Recently, I've been finding that some of the quotes I'm posting are already posted here on the forum, but are posted on separate threads. To me, it seems to make sense to post them to the email exchange thread so that they're all in one place. Sound good?
Of course.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals