Quote Help - Small Amounts Of Caffeine Optimize Energy Production

DaveFoster

Does anyone know where to find the quote where Peat says something to the effect of: "Small amounts of caffeine optimize energy production."

T

tca300

Slightly different subject matter, but maybe it will help.

On Mar 10, 2016, at 8:42 PM

Me - Do you think caffeine is safe for people with a very poor ability to store sugar? Or would thyroid be more appropriate until the ability to store sugar is fixed? Thank you!

Ray Peat - Although thyroid is the essential basic thing, I have known people who were able to stabilize their blood sugar quickly by using a small amount of coffee (with cream) with meals.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Slightly different subject matter, but maybe it will help.

On Mar 10, 2016, at 8:42 PM

Me - Do you think caffeine is safe for people with a very poor ability to store sugar? Or would thyroid be more appropriate until the ability to store sugar is fixed? Thank you!

Ray Peat - Although thyroid is the essential basic thing, I have known people who were able to stabilize their blood sugar quickly by using a small amount of coffee (with cream) with meals.
It's interesting how he mentions cream (and not sugar). I've also noticed that coffee with cream and sugar has a more relaxed effect than coffee with just sugar and skim milk. Unfortunately, cream often leads to weight gain.

T

tca300

It's interesting how he mentions cream (and not sugar). I've also noticed that coffee with cream and sugar has a more relaxed effect than coffee with just sugar and skim milk. Unfortunately, cream often leads to weight gain.
I think the fat slows the digestion of the caffeine down, whereas if sugar is present with caffeine the body processes the caffeine before the sugar, which is why its good to have already eaten some sugars.

vulture

What is small? I'm using about 50 g of coffee on main foods, I saw people here talking even about 600mg or even higher of caffein, that's an impossible coffee intake

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

What is small? I'm using about 50 g of coffee on main foods, I saw people here talking even about 600mg or even higher of caffein, that's an impossible coffee intake
By small amounts, Dr. Peat probably means 50 - 200 mg caffeine spread throughout the day, so one or two cups of coffee.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals