'There Are Usually About 16 Small Cycles During A Day' ?

Greg says

"Going to sleep and the few minutes after waking up are good times to see how things are working. Stresses and obligations shape the digestive and metabolic processes, and the rhythms of the intestine add to the shape of the day's thoughts. There are usually about 16 small cycles during a day and watching for them can make things more spontaneous." - Ray Peat, Mind and Tissue.

Besides articles in psychology and medical journals, the ultradian cycles have been described from a variety of perspectives. R.O Becker discussed weak natural electromagnetic rhythms, Frank Brown did many experiments showing the effects of surrounding fields on biorhythms, Solco Tromp's publications on biometeorology and Michel Gauquelin's statistical studies showed other effects. There have been quite a few Hindu publications on body cycles. When I taught school and had to get up at the same time every day, I developed a strong metabolic rhythm that made me go to sleep immediately at 10:30, and if I had to stay awake, I had a sudden loss of energy exactly at 10:30. A daytime nap that's timed according to the small cycles can be very effective.

Does anyone have any more insight to these 16 small cycles?

From RP email exchanges I gleaned this;

A cycle of cerebrospinal fluid
The nasal cycle
Gastric cycle
Cortisol cycle

It would be interesting to see if this correlated with eastern ideas...

Chnese-Body-Clock-health.jpeg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals