Quinine Is A Serotonin Antagonist And Inhibits Serotonin Synthesis

Verity

I didn’t really understand much of the original post but I was doing a search on why I crave quinine as I’m drinking 2 l a day on average for last few months. I also could only tolerate grapefruit juice 12 yea ago in my second pregnancy and would drink similar quantities. I’m on venlafaxine for depression and I’m
Trying to work out if it’s beneficial to be drinking quinine, if the quantities I’m craving are dangerous or not. I’m losing weight due to diet changes and exercise as I go through menopause and have reduced gut motility.

Mauritio

I tried Quinine for the first time in tonic water .
Results:strong mood lift , feeling similar to dopamin agonists (lisuride, lsd, caffeine,...) it doesnt have a direct effect on dopamin receptors afaik ,but might be through the effect on serotonin receptors.
Only drank a cup which is just like 20mg quinine but seems effective . So huge doses might not even be necessary when you're after the hormonal benefits and not take it for virus.
Also felt a strong metabolic boost (got little bit hypoglycemia )
Cool :)

Mauritio

Here's an older study coming the to same conclusion (Quinine blocking tryptophan)

Would it make sense to drink a cup of tonic water with a tryptophan heavy meal ?

JBC : Journal of Biological Chemistry

mrchibbs

I tried Quinine for the first time in tonic water .
Results:strong mood lift , feeling similar to dopamin agonists (lisuride, lsd, caffeine,...) it doesnt have a direct effect on dopamin receptors afaik ,but might be through the effect on serotonin receptors.
Only drank a cup which is just like 20mg quinine but seems effective . So huge doses might not even be necessary when you're after the hormonal benefits and not take it for virus.
Also felt a strong metabolic boost (got little bit hypoglycemia )
Cool :)

I feel amazing drinking a gin & tonic. I want to make my own tonic syrup because the doses are very small in conventional tonic water.

mrchibbs

Is there a good source of plane quinine?

I don't know, I'd like to make traditional tonic water using the chichona bark, but it's difficult to know how much quinine you get with that.

Zpol

Tonic water basically cured Restless Leg Syndrome for my grandma (at leas so far). I buy the White Rock brand for her. She drank one 10oz bottle every night for several months and hasn't had an issue since. She doesn't drink it anymore but if the RLS came back she would.
It has citric acid and benzoate so that's sucks but sugar instead of HFCS...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201031-181753.png
    Screenshot_20201031-181753.png
    339.3 KB · Views: 24

mrchibbs

Tonic water basically cured Restless Leg Syndrome for my grandma (at leas so far). I buy the White Rock brand for her. She drank one 10oz bottle every night for several months and hasn't had an issue since. She doesn't drink it anymore but if the RLS came back she would.
It has citric acid and benzoate so that's sucks but sugar instead of HFCS...

That's great stuff! I wonder if it would help for bruxism as well. Probably because RLS and Bruxism are both serotonin/dopamine problems. I think it's a great remedy everyone should have handy, along with methylene blue. I personally add some MB to my G&T, it seems to potentiate the effects.

David90

Whole Foods in USA sells several brands that seem clean, but they tend to be quite pricey - $7 for 4 tiny bottles. Other than that you can get quinine powder and add to whatever carbonated drink you want. I am thinking it would go well with Coke. Maybe.
I will look into that (Powder or the Pricey Form). Over here in Germany we mostly also have the ''Junk Tonic Water''. I can also remember that @Hans has Mentioned Quinine in some of his Past Articles before......

Mauritio

Mauritio

Just a feeling rather than a definate conclusion.
Okay . He talked about the products he will release on Danny roddy ,he mentioned 2 products, but he didn't mention quinine . I think it's very hard to get and sell.

Momado965

Okay . He talked about the products he will release on Danny roddy ,he mentioned 2 products, but he didn't mention quinine . I think it's very hard to get and sell.

Sweet! Which podcast is that precisely?

Mauritio

The last one with danny and only georgi .

That's great stuff! I wonder if it would help for bruxism as well. Probably because RLS and Bruxism are both serotonin/dopamine problems. I think it's a great remedy everyone should have handy, along with methylene blue. I personally add some MB to my G&T, it seems to potentiate the effects.
@mrchibbs Oh Yes, I'm definitely going to try this :):

Perry Staltic

Well this is very interesting. So quinine antagonizes serotonin synthesis and function. Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are synthetic quinine derivatives, and HCQ has shown good efficacy against covid. Covid symptoms can be very similar to symptoms of serotonin toxicity (eg, silent hypoxemia). The logical conclusion is that sustained levels of elevated serotonin are creating symptoms mistakenly diagnosed as covid, which a serotonin antagonist helps to alleviate. The next logical path of inquiry is to explore what is causing toxic levels of serotonin. Drug interactions with antidepressants (eg, SSRIs/SNRIs) and the many serotonergic drugs used in hospitals are two that immediately come to my mind.

Serotonin syndrome DOES cause “silent hypoxemia” ... I’m looking at it. No - patient doesn’t have COVID19. Yes - eventually required intubation due to agitation and delirium after a few days but persistently hypoxic. Normal chest X-ray. Normal VQ scan. Normal CT chest. No DVT. Labs eerily similar to COVID19. SUSTAINED PLASMA SEROTONIN ELEVATION WILL CAUSE A SYNDROME INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM COVID19 IN HUMANS ...

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals