Dopamine And Dopamine Agonists Inhibit Serotonin Synthesis

michael94

Charlie said:
post 106598
icecreamlover said:
post 106441 Care to elucidate your criticism?
"but anaerobic exercise still remains the most fool proof way to go about fixing depression in a sustainable way.

It's neither "the most" nor "sustainable" and definitely not "fool proof".

:hattip

Disagree, eliminating pufa and other dietary measures take more time to see benefits ( months to years for most folks with pufa ) and tend to cost more in time/money. Weight lifting has huge results in ~2 weeks wrt body composition ( more muscle + less fat = higher metabolic rate and better insulin sensitivty )if you've never lifted before and requires very little time per week. Even your body is a big weight when you're starting so no gym required.

I agree I exagerrated on it being fool proof, as obviously overtraining/improper technique happens all the time, however I was taking into context the huge benefits relative to how complicated it is. Even misguided lifters are probably doing more good than harm on the aggregate.

Can you explain why you think it is unsustainable? I don't want to make assumptions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
aarfai said:
post 106603 I've searched the forum high and wide but what products and/or supplements can one take to raise dopamine levels in order to suppress serotonin? I currently only use BBCAs, cocao and fat soluble vitamins.
This link might interest you
viewtopic.php?p=74918#p74918

answersfound

aarfai said:
post 106603 I've searched the forum high and wide but what products and/or supplements can one take to raise dopamine levels in order to suppress serotonin? I currently only use BBCAs, cocao and fat soluble vitamins.

Here ya go:

This supp is exactly what you are looking for...Haidut talks about how caffeine is a dopamine agonist and theanine also raises dopamine and decreases serotonin....together this combo is gold and also great for the liver

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U0DL5O2/ref ... e+caffeine

XPlus

icecreamlover said:
post 106691
Charlie said:
post 106598
icecreamlover said:
"but anaerobic exercise still remains the most fool proof way to go about fixing depression in a sustainable way.

Disagree, eliminating pufa and other dietary measures take more time to see benefits ( months to years for most folks with pufa ) and tend to cost more in time/money. Weight lifting has huge results in ~2 weeks wrt body composition ( more muscle + less fat = higher metabolic rate and better insulin sensitivty )if you've never lifted before and requires very little time per week. Even your body is a big weight when you're starting so no gym required.

I agree I exagerrated on it being fool proof, as obviously overtraining/improper technique happens all the time, however I was taking into context the huge benefits relative to how complicated it is. Even misguided lifters are probably doing more good than harm on the aggregate.

Can you explain why you think it is unsustainable? I don't want to make assumptions.

This is like saying beating your head against the wall is the most effective way for getting a headache.

I find it is easier to maintain low PUFA than stick to exercise and it costs zero dollars to avoid.
Also, I find it more rewarding and sometimes easier to catch up with a friend, visit family, write, help someone, draw something or even flirt with a girl than do anaerobic exercise.

michael94

XPlus said:
post 109855
icecreamlover said:
post 106691
Charlie said:
post 106598
icecreamlover said:

This is like saying beating your head against the wall is the most effective way for getting a headache.

I find it is easier to maintain low PUFA than stick to exercise and it costs zero dollars to avoid.
Also, I find it more rewarding and sometimes easier to catch up with a friend, visit family, write, help someone, draw something or even flirt with a girl than do anaerobic exercise.

I was speaking more to getting good micronutrient intake than just avoiding pufa per se but I think I did exagerrate. I also like to do all those things you mentioned in addition to exercise.

Momado965

I don't know about resistance but you do need to take a break every once in a while. Dopamine agonists like bromocriptine will downregulate the dopamine "receptors" if used for long time. So, taking a week break every couple of months is probably warranted.

Can this downregukation you speak of happen with lisuride as well?