Prepare for mandatory COVID vaccines in September

Rick K

Murse121

Well, the initial predictions were correct. I have until mid September. My facility mandated the vaccine this past Friday, and the great state of NY mandated it on Monday for all healthcare workers. This order defies logic on its face. The vaccine is still under EUA, and I don’t know why at least having antibodies (not sure if I have them) isn’t valid. I worked ICU the past 5 years and during the height of Covid. This industry does not care about its nurses. There’s no way I’m getting it. If they don’t accept my religious exemption request(their discretion), then I’m done with nursing.

Peatful

Well, the initial predictions were correct. I have until mid September. My facility mandated the vaccine this past Friday, and the great state of NY mandated it on Monday for all healthcare workers. This order defies logic on its face. The vaccine is still under EUA, and I don’t know why at least having antibodies (not sure if I have them) isn’t valid. I worked ICU the past 5 years and during the height of Covid. This industry does not care about its nurses. There’s no way I’m getting it. If they don’t accept my religious exemption request(their discretion), then I’m done with nursing.
We wholeheartedly support you

We appreciate your stand

Rick K

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

brianrn

Ditto. I work at VA with 3 decades of nursing. They will have to fire me.

OP
Mito

Mito

I don’t know why at least having antibodies (not sure if I have them) isn’t valid.

Jinju

My thoughts are with you, I would do the same!

Murse121

Wanted to say thanks for all the support. I have a few weeks to get my religious and medical exemption paper work in. The rumors are religious exemptions are going to get denied unless they are especially compelling, only medical exemptions that will be accepted are going to be history of anaphylaxis or guillean barre.
I think we are looking at a major turning point in history. Many medical institutions will lose the remainder of their workers who are willing to question orthodoxy. We will be replaced by more drones. Ultimately this will only worsen the echo chamber. Healthcare workers against this really need to stand up against this even if they’ve personally taken the shot.

OP
Mito

Mito

The rumors are religious exemptions are going to get denied unless they are especially compelling
Wonder what especially compelling means?

Sincerely Held Religious Belief
The EEOC, which enforces Title VII, uses a very broad definition of “religion.” It goes beyond membership in a church or belief in God, and includes firmly and sincerely held moral or ethical beliefs. For instance, an employee’s objection to an employer’s policy or practice could be based on a moral belief against receiving certain chemicals in the body.

Questioning An Employee’s Sincerely Held Religious Belief
You should normally assume that an employee’s request for religious accommodation is based on a sincerely held religious belief. However, if you have an objective basis for questioning either the religious nature or the sincerity of a particular belief, practice, or observance, you can request additional supporting information from the employee. This is a sensitive area of the law and employers should not haphazardly question an employee or unilateral contact an employee’s place of worship. We suggest coordinating with legal counsel before taking any steps in this regard. If you have an objective basis for questioning an employee’s beliefs, the employee may substantiate their belief in a variety of forms, including written materials and the employee’s own personal explanation.

brianrn

Wanted to say thanks for all the support. I have a few weeks to get my religious and medical exemption paper work in. The rumors are religious exemptions are going to get denied unless they are especially compelling, only medical exemptions that will be accepted are going to be history of anaphylaxis or guillean barre.
I think we are looking at a major turning point in history. Many medical institutions will lose the remainder of their workers who are willing to question orthodoxy. We will be replaced by more drones. Ultimately this will only worsen the echo chamber. Healthcare workers against this really need to stand up against this even if they’ve personally taken the shot.
Mark Parkinson, CEO of the AHCA told ABC news today that nursing homes nurses are currently experiencing a severe nursing shortage.

He stated that 38% of nursing home nurses have refused COVID vaccination. 38% is 500,000 nurses! He expects 50% of the unvaccinated staff to leave. An increased shortage of another 250,000 nurses. This does not count the hundreds of thousands of nurses working in other facilities.

I don’t work in a nursing home but I am subject to being fired from the VA on Sept 15 and will be forced to find employment outside of nursing. I doubt my x=1 will make any difference. My hopes are nurses will voice their opposition as at some point that x will be squared and those nurses might not ever return to the field.

AdoTintor

I guess that many two-salary households will choose to cut back to a 1-salary family to avoid the shot. And also take their kids out of the masked-up school system. They will love another crisis and they will let it happen unfortunately. Shortages in both nursing/teaching can be used to make headlines and sweeping changes. After hiding your partner behind one salary they can return to work in a years time. They will run the department they once worked for, should v-damage be high.

Badger

Mark Parkinson, CEO of the AHCA told ABC news today that nursing homes nurses are currently experiencing a severe nursing shortage.

He stated that 38% of nursing home nurses have refused COVID vaccination. 38% is 500,000 nurses! He expects 50% of the unvaccinated staff to leave. An increased shortage of another 250,000 nurses. This does not count the hundreds of thousands of nurses working in other facilities.

I don’t work in a nursing home but I am subject to being fired from the VA on Sept 15 and will be forced to find employment outside of nursing. I doubt my x=1 will make any difference. My hopes are nurses will voice their opposition as at some point that x will be squared and those nurses might not ever return to the field.
Gert a hold of a labor lawyer NOW and sue, sue, sue them when you are fired! A threat from your lawyer prior to Sept 15 might change things.

Murse121

If my exemption is not honored, my union will at least try to contest it. If I am terminated, I will absolutely retain a lawyer fight this in any way possible. I am discouraged with how many nurses have caved though. If you were for it from the beginning, I get it. But so many who did not want it folded at the first sign of intimidation.

brianrn

If my exemption is not honored, my union will at least try to contest it. If I am terminated, I will absolutely retain a lawyer fight this in any way possible. I am discouraged with how many nurses have caved though. If you were for it from the beginning, I get it. But so many who did not want it folded at the first sign of intimidation.
Agreed. Intimidation and loss of income is the double edged sword of the mandate.

I’m saddened by upcoming tsunami like loss of educated nurses to the profession and the catastrophic results I fear will occur downstream. I remain hopeful more nurses will stand up to oppose the mandate.

Good luck with the grievance!

Badger

Good for you, I am pleased for you. "But so many who did not want it folded at the first sign of intimidation." If not enough people resist, the war will be lost.

Be sure to get a lawyer ASAP, as you might find yourself competing with a lot of others for acquiring such services. Advice a lawyer can give now before formally suing them will likely put you in a much better position for suing them. Let us know how it's going - we are rooting for you!!! Anything I see on the web that could help you, I'll share here. You're not alone.

Murse121

My job was initially accepting exemption requests up until yesterday. When i submitted mine prior to the dead line, I got a response basically saying they are rejecting them all. This was due to an NYSDOH announcement about religious exemptions not being applicable to the covid vax mandate. So they did not even look at my request. This may be in violation of federal law. I’m having a consult with a lawyer tomorrow. But as of this moment, it’s get the vax or be fired. The medical community has lost its collective mind.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals