Prepare for mandatory COVID vaccines in September

Badger

My job was initially accepting exemption requests up until yesterday. When i submitted mine prior to the dead line, I got a response basically saying they are rejecting them all. This was due to an NYSDOH announcement about religious exemptions not being applicable to the covid vax mandate. So they did not even look at my request. This may be in violation of federal law. I’m having a consult with a lawyer tomorrow. But as of this moment, it’s get the vax or be fired. The medical community has lost its collective mind.
Great that you got the lawyer. What are you chances of mounting and winning a law suit?

OP
Mito

Mito

Logan-

Murse121

Well, the temporary restraining order issued by a judge in NY yesterday may have saved my job, for now. Basically says they must honor religious exemptions. My lawyer had said a well written suit may cost anywhere from 50-100k, so I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that.

Badger

Well, the temporary restraining order issued by a judge in NY yesterday may have saved my job, for now. Basically says they must honor religious exemptions. My lawyer had said a well written suit may cost anywhere from 50-100k, so I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that.
Blessings to you... Keep us posted. Hang in there.

Lollipop2

Will do. By Friday I’ll know if they’ve accepted my request for religious accommodation. If not, they will be hearing from my lawyer.
Sending you good thoughts. We need you to succeed so as to inspire others to follow your example.

Badger

Sending you good thoughts. We need you to succeed so as to inspire others to follow your example.
Agree entirely! We need models and paradigms on how to do it! The world is not saved by "big people." It's saved by so-called "little people," (the REAL Big People). One little person at a time saves the world.

Lollipop2

Giraffe

"The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the Army is strongly considering pushing the June 30 deadline much further into the future — but will not announce the date change until closer to, or even after, the upcoming deadline.

Concern about the number of unvaccinated service members was the topic of recent senior-level briefings, according to the official.

He said he’s blowing the whistle now because many service members who remain unvaccinated and/or who are “on the fence” about getting the vaccine may feel compelled to do so to meet the June 30 deadline — unaware the deadline may soon change."